Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayan prophecy

Weatherspoon

I'm not stupid you know. Goats don't grow in space! What's the B Ark? Is that like a spaceship thing that we're using to ejaculate the world?

Ryleh, the sun doesn't like wireless things no. That's why it burned Venus, cause there's no wires on it. Wireless things attract solar flares in the same way golf clubs attract lightening, with magnets. If we've got wireless things we'll get loads of lightening and solar flares and things and it will kill the world. And that's going to happen on 21st December! Does anyone science here? What can we use to stop magnets working?

Huh?

Huh?

lol. - hate space going goats they scare me (insert sarcasim sign here)

The world is not ending on 22nd December, so dont go spend all your savings. lol.

Good read for a laught thank you.

We don`t even need to that far, theres a mountain which i found (theres a thread on it ) which is supposed to be the safest place on Earth, its closed to the public, but i have an friend of a friend whos aunts, husbands, next door neighbours sister in laws, cousin can get us a ticket.

It is not supposed to be a "safe place" it is where the aliens are supposed to show up and rescue a fragment of the human race for preservation. (Maybe in a space-zoo? Or as rude, arrogant slaves?)

According to them, extraterrestrials are quietly waiting in a massive cavity beneath the rock for the world to end, at which point they will leave, taking, it is hoped, a lucky few humans with them.

Most believe Armageddon will take place on December 21, 2012, the end date of the ancient Maya calendar, at which point they predict human civilisation will come to an end. Another favourite date mentioned is 12, December, 2012. They see Bugarach as one of perhaps several "sacred mountains" sheltered from the cataclysm.

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=13639

Diechecker, thanks for that, i didn`t read it properly.

Note to self:

unpacks suitcases and take 156 tins of baked beans back to shop tomorrow.

Diechecker, thanks for that, i didn`t read it properly.

Note to self:

unpacks suitcases and take 156 tins of baked beans back to shop tomorrow.

The article I read the other day said that the French Government is actually going to road block off the area to prevent thousands of crazed Maya Calander fanatics from roaming the countryside around that mountain, and trespassing all over French citizen's private property. So it is unlikely you could have gotten to ground zero anyway.

Edited by DieChecker

The article I read the other day said that the French Government is actually going to road block off the area to prevent thousands of crazed Maya Calander fanatics from roaming the countryside around that mountain, and trespassing all over French citizen's private property. So it is unlikely you could have gotten to ground zero anyway.

So anyone trying to make deliveries will have to be searched first before being allowed through? Will they be searching the back of every lorry? They really are going to make things difficult for themselves for the sake of a little bit of publicity.

So anyone trying to make deliveries will have to be searched first before being allowed through? Will they be searching the back of every lorry? They really are going to make things difficult for themselves for the sake of a little bit of publicity.

The only town in the area has only 200 people living there, and there is no highway through the area, so I'm sure they Can search every vehicle and decide who can go in and whom not.

The only town in the area has only 200 people living there, and there is no highway through the area, so I'm sure they Can search every vehicle and decide who can go in and whom not.

they still have to make sure no one tries to cross the fields or sneaks in through the woods. They would be better off just admitting now that it was all a big mistake...but that may not even deter the odd crazed Maya Calander fanatic from creeping through the undergrowth late at night. Looks like the damage is done, until the 22nd Dec, then its clean up time.

they still have to make sure no one tries to cross the fields or sneaks in through the woods. They would be better off just admitting now that it was all a big mistake...but that may not even deter the odd crazed Maya Calander fanatic from creeping through the undergrowth late at night. Looks like the damage is done, until the 22nd Dec, then its clean up time.

There probably not worried much about the odd couple dozen nutters. Let them climb through the hedges. It is thousands of media and gawkers that they are trying to prevent.

• Like 1

Durr, we all know that. They grow on planets, then they leave and travel through space eating planets as they go by, it's where Lee and Kirby got their idea for Galactus.

ummmmmmmmmmmm don't forget about the giant turtle, and four elephants and never ending water falling into space... maybe we can escape there?

I hear Granny Weatherwax lives there... hrmm... weatherspoon.. weather wax.. wonder if there is any relation there......

Am I the only one distracted by the misspelling of "prophecy" in the title?

• Like 1

Yeah i noticed but didn't want to get my wrist slapped for saying it... :w00t:

• Like 1

Yeah i noticed but didn't want to get my wrist slapped for saying it... :w00t:

thats what made me think of discworld...

first book i read was sourcery from the discworld books heh.

• Like 3

I assumed it was purposefully misspelled, like Gawd... Kewl.... Wyrd... Profesy...

I assumed it was purposefully misspelled, like Gawd... Kewl.... Wyrd... Profesy...

my favourite is "eejit".

my favourite is "eejit".

It's "idjit", dagnabbit. :w00t:

cormac

PROPHECY/PROPHESY

“Prophecy,” the noun, (pronounced “PROF-a-see”) is a prediction. The verb “to prophesy” (pronounced “PROF-a-sigh”) means to predict something. When a prophet prophesies he or she utters prophecies.

Outside of Bob Dylan’s lyrics, writers and critics do not “prophesize.” They prophesy.

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/prophecy.html

• Like 1

PROPHECY/PROPHESY

“Prophecy,” the noun, (pronounced “PROF-a-see”) is a prediction. The verb “to prophesy” (pronounced “PROF-a-sigh”) means to predict something. When a prophet prophesies he or she utters prophecies.

Outside of Bob Dylan’s lyrics, writers and critics do not “prophesize.” They prophesy.

http://public.wsu.ed...s/prophecy.html

You've obviously never been in the Appalachians, Abe. There are still a few places where you might as well throw out a dictionary, because you won't find many words used or spelled right. :lol:

cormac

• Like 1

You've obviously never been in the Appalachians, Abe. There are still a few places where you might as well throw out a dictionary, because you won't find many words used or spelled right. :lol:

cormac

By the idjits?

Where can I find that Mount France thing that's going to save the world? Is it in America? World ends 1 month today. The Mayan profesits said so, and they were never wrong! Whatever you heard about that mountain thing is wrong. If the world ends, everything ends with it. Thought that was ovius :rolleyes:

Where can I find that Mount France thing that's going to save the world? Is it in America? World ends 1 month today. The Mayan profesits said so, and they were never wrong! Whatever you heard about that mountain thing is wrong. If the world ends, everything ends with it. Thought that was ovius :rolleyes:

Since there is no Mayan Prophesy, it's all wrong. The Mayan peoples of today are rather irritated by the crap that fringies have attributed to the end of their calendar.

cormac

Since there is no Mayan Prophesy, it's all wrong. The Mayan peoples of today are rather irritated by the crap that fringies have attributed to the end of their calendar.

cormac

You won't be saying that when the world ends!!!!!!! Why does no-one believe it? It's been proved! I saw on CNN that NASA have taken curiosity in Mars in the last few months. Why would they be doing that if they didn't want to move there before Earth blows up?? Are we supposed to believe it's just "coinsidence" that they take curiosity in Mars just before 21st December 2012???

PROPHECY/PROPHESY

http://public.wsu.ed...s/prophecy.html

Well their ewe go, eye learnt something knew two day.

You won't be saying that when the world ends!!!!!!! Why does no-one believe it? It's been proved! I saw on CNN that NASA have taken curiosity in Mars in the last few months. Why would they be doing that if they didn't want to move there before Earth blows up?? Are we supposed to believe it's just "coinsidence" that they take curiosity in Mars just before 21st December 2012???

Well i don't know about you but i will certainly be having a couple of glasses of red on Christmas Day.What are you end of the world fringies going to find to talk about on the 22nd Dec.