Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ORCA - The death of the `Great White Male´?

EllJay

The blame-game has been on inside the GOP for a few days. The targets are everyone from Karl Rove to, to FOX News, to the Romney campaign who is accused of being -quote- a "con job", in which consultants spun "false data as truth in order to paint a rosy picture of a successful campaign as a form of job security." .

What is Project Orca? Well, this is what they told us:

Project ORCA is a massive undertaking – the Republican Party’s newest, unprecedented and most technologically advanced plan to win the 2012 presidential election.

Insiders Explain How Mitt Romney's Campaign Completely Fell Apart On Election Day

As conservatives search for an explanation for Mitt Romney's loss, much of the blame has been directed at the collapse of his campaign's Election Day get out the vote efforts, a massive organizational failure that resulted in lower Republican turnout than even John McCain got in 2008.

A major source of Romney's GOTV problems appears to have been the disastrous Project ORCA, an expensive technological undertaking that was supposed to provide the campaign with real-time poll monitoring that would allow Republicans to target GOTV efforts on Election Day.

But on almost all counts, ORCA failed miserably.

Most people on the campaign "weren't that surprised" by ORCA's failure, said one Republican communications strategist close to the Romney campaign.

"They wouldn't let anyone outside of Romney political circle in on it until basically November 6," the strategist said. "The digital strategy was so incomprehensible — they were playing Super Nintendo while Obama's people had PS3."

"Their priorities were so screwed up — [they were] hypersensitive about information security, but also wanted to use the best technology they could," the strategist continued. "In the end they got neither. They put out a laughable GOTV product."

In an interview last week, the attorney, one of the "Lawyers for Romney" who volunteered to help the campaign's legal team by watching the polls on Election Day, described how the Romney campaign sent its legal volunteers the wrong training information, failed to provide volunteers with information about where they were supposed to be on Election Day, and stopped responding to phone calls and emails in the final two weeks of the campaign.

"It was basically a disaster," the attorney said. "They never explained what we were supposed to be doing — where we were supposed to start, where we were supposed to end, what I was supposed to do at the end of the night — they didn't explain any of it....A month before, you couldn't get a phone call or an email answered."

"Four out of eight of my polling places didn't have a poll observer," the attorney continued. "How you don't even get people credentialed properly is beyond my comprehension."

Read more: http://www.businessi...1#ixzz2C37zI7CU

They can blame ORCA all they want. What they failed to do was connecting and inspiring people on ground-level.

As David Plouffe -a senior White House adviser who managed Obama's campaign four years ago- said:

Potential party candidates in future elections could not assume the Obama ground apparatus would automatically be at their disposal.

"You just can't transfer this," said David Plouffe,

"People are not going to spend hours away from their families and their jobs, contributing financially when it's hard for them to do it unless they believe in the candidate."

"For candidates who want to try and build a grassroots campaign, it's not going to happen because there is a list or because you have the best technology. That's not how this works," Plouffe said.

"They have to build up that kind of emotional appeal so that people are willing to go out there and spend the time and their resources and provide their talents because they believe in someone and in what you're offering," he said.

"The only reason that all this happened on the ground - whether it was 08 or this time … was because they believed in Barack Obama."

Back to the drawing-board GOP.

http://www.businessi...ollapse-2012-11

http://www.businessi...isaster-2012-11

http://www.businessi...1#ixzz2C36WaiNE

Edited by EllJay

The uproar continues within the GOP. This time Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal speaks up.

Jindal said that Republicans need to: "stop being the stupid party"

Bobby Jindal: “It is no secret we had a number of Republicans damage our brand this year with offensive, bizarre comments — enough of that,” Jindal said. “It’s not going to be the last time anyone says something stupid within our party, but it can’t be tolerated within our party. We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

“We’ve got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything,” Jindal said. “We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.”

Is it a political suicide or what?

Edited by EllJay

I've always been a fan of Bobby Jindhal ever since Katrina. He seams like a good conservative. Would like to see him move up the ladder but don't want to see te MSM shred him apart because that's what they do to minority conservatives. It must not be known that they exist. It doesn't fit the narrative.

• Like 1

Blaming the MSM is just another conservative excuse. I'm not saying there isn't some bias, but I think it does not have the impact people think it does.

If Gov. Jindal is honest about what he is saying, I'll be more that willing to listen. The GOP has been the lapdog for the uber rich for too long, and if they did start listening to the rank and file conservatives, their message would be much clearer.

Blaming the MSM is just another conservative excuse.

Really? What exactly happened with Herman Cain then?

The blame game has always went around. I remember when Bush won his second term, how devastated the democratic party was. They blame themselves for not being conservative enough and not hearing the voice of the people.However the next election it was a shoo in for Obama to win being our frist black president. Now that the republicians lost this election on Obama`s second term they are saying, maybe we are not liberal enough and not hearing the voice of the people, but after the next four years when the economy fails again, lost of jobs and even more people have to get welfare and a greater debt, people will think maybe we better start voting for the party`s different policies that may work, not just who the President is.

ORCA?? who? I thought this was a thread about sea mammals ...Duh :cry:

I guess I didn't notice it's under the political header, I'm moving to Florida now.....

Edited by Idano

Piyush Jindal as Pres? Hmmm. Has a nice ring to it. He always seems to know what to say but can he get anything done?