Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are humans getting less intelligent?

Still Waters

untitled.jpg

"Shaddup! You is tawkin' rubbish, innit!"

I wouldnt bother going to Stanford if thats all they can come up with,total rubbish again.You have to be more and more intelligent to survive in this modern day era.

Absolutely not! You only have to intelligent enough to find your way to the welfare office. And a Neanderthal could manage that.

Fact is that in modern societies, the less intelligent reproduce more than the intelligent. And reproduction is the the future. Ironically that means that genetically, the most advanced societies are moving backward.

I think maybe you mistake "material success" with "evolutionary success". But those two are completely different. The rich executive with two spoilt kids might be wealthy today, but the slum dweller with 20 kids paid for by social security is the one who is evolutionary successful.

Absolutely not! You only have to intelligent enough to find your way to the welfare office. And a Neanderthal could manage that.

Fact is that in modern societies, the less intelligent reproduce more than the intelligent. And reproduction is the the future. Ironically that means that genetically, the most advanced societies are moving backward.

I think maybe you mistake "material success" with "evolutionary success". But those two are completely different. The rich executive with two spoilt kids might be wealthy today, but the slum dweller with 20 kids paid for by social security is the one who is evolutionary successful.

Kids of today are not taught properly,for example,they are allowed to go into Maths exams with a CALCULATOR,why cant they use their brains and work out problems without aids like this,any noddy head can press the buttons to get an answer.I asked a new starter at work to work out how many cubic feet were in a cargo 24ft long, 11ft high,6ft wide, he asked me if he could borrow a calculator,so I gave him a pen and pencil,and said "you already have one sitting on top of your neck". He couldnt work it out, then he accused me of harrassment.He lasted almost 5 days then packed the job in and became a Truck driver. I gave him a good reference because I felt sorry for him.

Kids of today are not taught properly,for example,they are allowed to go into Maths exams with a CALCULATOR,why cant they use their brains and work out problems without aids like this,any noddy head can press the buttons to get an answer.I asked a new starter at work to work out how many cubic feet were in a cargo 24ft long, 11ft high,6ft wide, he asked me if he could borrow a calculator,so I gave him a pen and pencil,and said "you already have one sitting on top of your neck". He couldnt work it out, then he accused me of harrassment.He lasted almost 5 days then packed the job in and became a Truck driver. I gave him a good reference because I felt sorry for him.

All that has nothing to do with the topic, which is intelligence. The fact is, modern advanced societies have turned human evolution on its head, so if this continues humans will get less in intelligent, and not more intelligent over the course of many generations. What an individual learns at school at any moment is irrelevant to that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not excusing anyone. If anything, I'm arguing that people should watch less TV and keep their brains from spilling out.

Also, not just judging on your typos. Judging on your speech mannerisms, sentence structure, inability to narrate thoughts, and, in general, anecdotal opinions.

If I may ask, just how long do you watch the television a day.

Also, i watch television and play video games for about 10 hours a day on weekends, 3 to 4 on weekdays.......and I am in a gifted program, my intelligence obviously is unaffected.

If you truly believe that it's the technology's fault, stop using it, see how long you can last.