Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

Simbi Laveau

http://www.dallasnew...se-response.ece

Texas has asked to secede before ,or has dalied with the notion .

This request actually came from governor Rick Perry ,and this is the moron who lost to Obama last time.

Sour grapes .

(Yes I know he didnt run against him,but he was the candidate that was the comic relief of the last election)

These idiots do realize they will now all need passports ,to go into other states if they do this..

I think its time for Obama to tighten immigration laws,and see how they like it,if they need a visa to visit relatives in other states .

Morons .

Simbi, I usually agree with you on many things, but this time, I can't. It is their choice, if they wish to follow this path, they should be able to. We should not judge them for it (they may actually be making a smart move, as we as a nation approach the fiscal cliff). Rick Perry has actually done a decent job as governor for the state, regardless of his presidential bid, much like Romney has also done a decent job in Massachusetts as well.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

I would be happy to let Texas and the other Confederate States go, then we can finally be free of them and make the United States what it should have been all along, without them always holding the rest of us back and trying to regress into the 19th Century.

Excuse me? Can we not use the term 'Confederate States'? First, it no longer exists, second, they were whining about 'states rights' while just wanting to keep slaves (while today it's a minority of political whiners because their guy didn't win~), third, it's generalizing an entire part of US as grey coat wearing, bigoted racists, which I can assure you the VAST majority of Southerners are not, by any stretch of the word 'racist'. Does the South have a large population of people who are racist? Perhaps, I don't have numbers on hand but I'd believe it. But is that the majority of Southerners? God no! This idea of Southerners being bigots, Bible Thumpers, and oil barons may be true about SOME of the people, but you have generalized the entire area as a massive quarantine zone. I do see how much the First Amendment means to people like them, if people do not fall in line with their way of thinking, they're wrong, but I sense the very same interpretation coming from you MacGuffin. The South is as varied of opinion as the North, just because someone shouts louder or their temper tantrum is given more news coverage does not make that true for everyone.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 3

Also, I would like to add. The STATES have said nothing on secession. It is a MINORITY of POLITICAL SORE LOSERS who can't bite the bullet and accept that more people think the same then they do. Kindly stop thinking these states are going to, want to, or should be forced to leave the Union. Heck, even the whiners shouldn't be forced to leave. Why? Free flippin' speech. But I prefer my free speech with as much truth as possible. What about y'all?

• Like 2

Hi Fella's ,why is Texas getting grumpy,because you have the first ever coloured President ?,he is the top of the tree but dont forget that the Republicans control the Senate, so his hands are pretty well tied,whatever bill he tries to get passed.I think perhaps someone should take a good look at his "advisors", who just maybe trying to push him along to their way of thinking, perhaps he is being manipulated.The problem is He cannot run America on his own , that would be Dictatorship,and he isnt that by any means.

Actually I was thinking that Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and British Columbia would make a nice independant country. I'd sign that petitiion. Big sign at the border reading 'Californians keep out!'

Hi Fella's ,why is Texas getting grumpy,because you have the first ever coloured President ?,he is the top of the tree but dont forget that the Republicans control the Senate, so his hands are pretty well tied,whatever bill he tries to get passed.I think perhaps someone should take a good look at his "advisors", who just maybe trying to push him along to their way of thinking, perhaps he is being manipulated.The problem is He cannot run America on his own , that would be Dictatorship,and he isnt that by any means.

umm...spud in the USA coloured would be an offensive way to describe the president.(or anyone else) Edited by OverSword

The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were written by Southerners. The Contential Army was commanded by a Southerner. Without the south the US wouldn't be the country it is today. So if you are saying that the US should have been an English colony all along I guess you are correct. I'm not sure most Americans feel that way.

This is incorrect, as whether one uses the date 1776 (Declaration of Independence) or 1788 (US Constitution) there were no "Southerners". That distinction didn't come about until around 80 years later. As to the US Constitution, Gouverneur Morris actually penned much of it and he was from New York which was never part of the 'South'.

cormac

• Like 1

That figures. :yes: You strike me as a bigot.

funny that, you strike me as a bit of a

person with strong political opinions and who is not afraid to express them robustly

:clap:

Edited by 747400

funny that, you strike me as a bit of an ****. :clap:

now, now...

now, now...

Well really, you expect someone to call one a bigot and to just go :) ?

Some of the pro-secessionist Texans believe the state constitution reserve the right to secede because they felt Texas is a voluntary member of the union of the United States of America, not a "glued" on political entity for states to remain in the USA forever. Texas ought to be ready to live in itself without federal government assistance, like to maintain its' own army, transportation and economic infrastructure without outside help. Hopefully, Texas can prosper with its' petroleum reserves to generate an above-average income country and its' booming state economy continue to grow regardless of what country they belong to.

Some of the pro-secessionist Texans believe the state constitution reserve the right to secede because they felt Texas is a voluntary member of the union of the United States of America, not a "glued" on political entity for states to remain in the USA forever. Texas ought to be ready to live in itself without federal government assistance, like to maintain its' own army, transportation and economic infrastructure without outside help. Hopefully, Texas can prosper with its' petroleum reserves to generate an above-average income country and its' booming state economy continue to grow regardless of what country they belong to.

I tend to doubt that, petroleum, especially Texas petroleum is very finite. And in view of the eagerness of big Oil to pay taxes (in fact they get more federal subsidies than they pay taxes) they better prepare themselves for horse transportation...not for the lack of oil but for the lack of roads.

• Like 2

OK I just read this entire thread, and one idea that seems to be mentioned alot is that the people who did not vote for Obama are now whinning, crying losers.

Its all sour grapes, get over it, ect.

I realize I can't speak for everyone but I think alot of the crying(ect) is not because their guy lost, but because your guy won and because of what many, many people believe Obama is going to do to this country. (Consider the ramifications of the NDAA bill and how it was passed)

So the talk of states wanting to separate from the union, which I don't believe could ever happen, is just an example of the discontent, distrust and fear felt by tens of millions of americans towards this president and the federal government.

• Like 1

umm...spud in the USA coloured would be an offensive way to describe the president.(or anyone else)

My apologies, but its better than what he would be called over here, I dare not say it on this sight as I would be quickly ejected.

Come on me old mucka (buddy) get your Banana Republic in order. Sorry mate more apologies but I couldnt resist that.We can always send over Queen Liz to restore order,providing you let us put her image on your postal stamps. ha ha

• Like 1

OK I just read this entire thread, and one idea that seems to be mentioned alot is that the people who did not vote for Obama are now whinning, crying losers.

I realize I can't speak for everyone but I think alot of the crying(ect) is not because their guy lost, but because your guy won and because of what many, many people believe Obama is going to do to this country. (Consider the ramifications of the NDAA bill and how it was passed)

So the talk of states wanting to separate from the union, which I don't believe could ever happen, is just an example of the discontent, distrust and fear felt by tens of millions of americans towards this president and the federal government.

I doubt it is tens of millions, those who distrust Obama have, in their vast majority, not voted for him the first time either. At that point he had not done anything yet to make anybody distrust him (except maybe being a Democrat).

So, no it can't be that. In fact many who distrust him distrusted Romney and Akin and Mourdoch and whathaveyou much less. 'Cause Obama did not win due to his popularity.

My apologies, but its better than what he would be called over here, I dare not say it on this sight as I would be quickly ejected.

Come on me old mucka (buddy) get your Banana Republic in order. Sorry mate more apologies but I couldnt resist that.We can always send over Queen Liz to restore order,providing you let us put her image on your postal stamps. ha ha

If it keeps on like it is they will be grateful for some Tories to come back :devil:

If Texas officially secedes, they need to establish new states for each corner of their huge landscape and autonomous regions for south and west Texas' large Hispanic majorities. The Texas Panhandle, Northern, Eastern, Central and two other "states" means they need a 6-star flag instead of a Lone Star. I worry parts of Oklahoma, Louisiana and New Mexico wishing to join the new Texas republic, in fact the original republic covered parts of Kansas, Colorado and Wyoming with all of Texarkana extending to Arkansas.

And the governor becomes president, then again the first election held shows George W. Bush wins! LOL! :yes: Expect Rick Perry switch seats to vice-president. I wonder where's fellow Texan Ross Perot in all this commotion.

Texas might not want to be partisan, try a bicameral federal government free of political party representation, like Nebraska when it was founded a state after the divisive Civil War. The new states should have semi-presidents then for reasons to boost autonomy of Texas' smaller regional governments, more on the level alike the original 13 states of the early USA.

Edited by Tsa-La-Gie Oyate

yes, but isn't that how democracy works? Inevitably one side or the other is going to be disappointed; that's exactly what happened in 2000, and I don't recall that pro-Democrat states were so appalled at the prospect of what GW Bush would do the country that they clamoured to withdraw from the union? And considering what GW Bush did do, I'm afraid that people are going to have a hard job to make all the talk of fear of what Mr. O will do to the country sound like anything more than scaremongering.

Edited by 747400
  • Like 2

Plus a lot of the "fear" surrounding Obama seems to be mostly baseless paranoia. I mean how many threads have we had about how Obama was going to take away everyone's guns? I believe Americans are more heavily armed than ever. Yet the fear remains.

There's a lot of reasonable problems with Obama and his government but these get lost with all the "he's going to destroy the country!!!111" yelling.

Edited by Corp
  • Like 1

If it keeps on like it is they will be grateful for some Tories to come back :devil:

Queen Liz as head of the U.K and the Commonwealth (just a few countries some of whom still have our Union flag incorported in their own flag ie :- Australia, New Zealand, etc) is completely Neutral to all politics,which perhaps is just as well these days,because if I was her I would be saying "Off with their heads".
  • Like 1

You know all of you talking crap about Texas are just showing your prejudices because the last I saw half the union filed for secession so why are you singling out Texas? Is it because half of your populations came here to work where your state had and probably still has nothing to offer? You want to hate us, do so, at least I know where you're coming from now but I have to say, I'm really disappointed in seeing who has responded like this and others I'm not surprised...

Two issues divide the country. One, when that joker (forgot who) declared that Obamacare was going to be the law of the land (that didn't settle well with folks). And two, tax increases for wealthy and middle class. Both instances reduce the amount of, and circulation of, spendable currency within the economy. As a protest to the ever growing involvement of the Federal Govt. some states are opting to protest it by requesting to leave the union. Yes, I took note of the polarization during the election results.

McGuffin, you may not care if the entire South leaves the union, but I'm willing to bet the bank if we did, you'd retract that statement.

You know all of you talking crap about Texas are just showing your prejudices because the last I saw half the union filed for secession so why are you singling out Texas? Is it because half of your populations came here to work where your state had and probably still has nothing to offer? You want to hate us, do so, at least I know where you're coming from now but I have to say, I'm really disappointed in seeing who has responded like this and others I'm not surprised...

Nobody has filed for secession yet, some people have started a signature collection that does not seem to be very popular except in Texas, that is why we are a little amused about the Lone Star State (or should we say country?).

Two issues divide the country. One, when that joker (forgot who) declared that Obamacare was going to be the law of the land (that didn't settle well with folks). And two, tax increases for wealthy and middle class. Both instances reduce the amount of, and circulation of, spendable currency within the economy. As a protest to the ever growing involvement of the Federal Govt. some states are opting to protest it by requesting to leave the union. Yes, I took note of the polarization during the election results.

McGuffin, you may not care if the entire South leaves the union, but I'm willing to bet the bank if we did, you'd retract that statement.

When you compare that with what the last Republican president did, though, they're still going to have a long way to go to convince many people that Obama is so uniquely dangerous that unprecedented steps may have to be taken.

• Like 3

Being part of a mature political landscape is actually allowing the people who backed the other guy to have a quick whinge that their guy lost and then going "ho-hum, they're probably just like the guy who won anyway" (hint: Romney voted for NDAA as well).