Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

Simbi Laveau

Believe what you want.

That does not change the facts as I have shown you at least a dozen times.

you didn't show anything exsept your antiamerican stance and lies.

you didn't show anything exsept your antiamerican stance and lies.

Ah, musta hurt.

Edit: So sorry, did not want to hurt your little feelings.

Edited by questionmark

They'll have to deal with counter revolutionaries if they want to secede, I'm from Texas and I'd fight for the north.

I don't think that, should some of these jokers actually succeed, there will be a clear war North/South. What is left of the Union can simply wait until those, where secession has a chance, degrade to 3rd world status (which is not very difficult as most of them depend on one or more pork barrel from Washington for their subsistence) and then dictate them any humiliating terms to be accepted again and they would take it.

• Like 1

Maybe they should put all the people who want to seceed in one state, and then remove the state from the union on the same day they admit Peurto Rico, that way the flag stays the same.

Maybe they should put all the people who want to seceed in one state, and then remove the state from the union on the same day they admit Peurto Rico, that way the flag stays the same.

Lol.

But the way I remember Puerto Rico if the rest secedes they'll just pursue their favored dream: Nationhood (big error, but if they want it they should get it). Just hope they don't pass the same kind of funny laws other nations decided on their independence. I got a farm to loose there.

How about everyone secede from my country except for myself (obviously) and a handful of Victoria Secret models of my choosing. I'd be cool with that.

• Like 2

How about everyone secede from my country except for myself (obviously) and a handful of Victoria Secret models of my choosing. I'd be cool with that.

I love this idea. Let's do this.

Also, and completely unrelated, I'll volunteer to stay around and help out with odd jobs.

This does sound a lot like: "Wah! I'm not playing with you any more 'cos the wrong lot won!!" Plus has anyone done any sort of check to even see if any of the various states asking for this could actually be able to fund such a breakaway? Also, has anyone also considered the idea that if any of the States do decide or are permitted to leave the US, and go it alone, they might have to say bye bye to any sort of federal funding they may currently get? After all, it wouldn't be right for them to get handouts from the States remaining in the union.

Edited by Shayde

True that 7's. Finding a balance is difficult, to say the least. I think it was the tone used after the election that was the turn-off. Best described as haughty, or arrogant. With the race being so close, it would have been best for them to enjoy the win and leave it at that.

Oh, very much agree there. There does seem something rather evangelical about him, and some of his admirers. "Now we can promise Hope and Change!" Well, you didn't manage to deliver Hope or Chnage last time, mr. O, what makes you think you're going to be able to now?

• Like 2

I wonder if those who signed to separate from the US figured out what that would do to their Social Security and Medicare?

Maybe their `top-notch reasoning´ were along these lines >>

govtoutofmedicare_1.jpg

• Like 1

I love this idea. Let's do this.

Also, and completely unrelated, I'll volunteer to stay around and help out with odd jobs.

Sold! (We'll keep the cloning scientists around too I think...can never have too many Miranda Kerrs, or Adriana Lima's). ^_^

This is incorrect, as whether one uses the date 1776 (Declaration of Independence) or 1788 (US Constitution) there were no "Southerners". That distinction didn't come about until around 80 years later. As to the US Constitution, Gouverneur Morris actually penned much of it and he was from New York which was never part of the 'South'.

cormac

You are incorrect. There was a "south" and "southerners". John Adams wanted someone form the "south" (therefore a "southerner") to lead the army in order to assure the "south" was on board with the revolution. The constitutional debate of whether slavery would be allowed in the US was between "northern" and "southern" states. There were also the "middle" states.

James Madison is called the "Father of the Constitution". He was from the "south".

John Adams, John Hancock and Benjamin Franklin were not Southerners, but your post is typical of the Southern mentality.

By the way, my own ancestors also fought in the American Revolution.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison are. Your post is typical of a bigot mentality.

By the way, so did mine.

History, doomed to repeat it, it seems.

Nope, things just happen twice in history, once as tragedy and once as comedy.

Nope, things just happen twice in history, once as tragedy and once as comedy.

Hmmm...so Hitler attempted to annihilate the Jews. That was tragedy. Iran wants to annihilate the Jews....so when 10 million Jews die that will be comedy?

Hmmm...so Hitler attempted to annihilate the Jews. That was tragedy. Iran wants to annihilate the Jews....so when 10 million Jews die that will be comedy?

There will be no annihilation of the Jews by Iran, maybe some day they will run out of the need of somebody to blame their faults on and decide to wipe Israel off the map, but that will have to do little with Jews, much more with Zionists. Sometimes a Jew and a Zionist are the same thing, but not always. There are in fact Christian Zionists.

Derailed enough, thank you.

There will be no annihilation of the Jews by Iran, maybe some day they will run out of the need of somebody to blame their faults on and decide to wipe Israel off the map, but that will have to do little with Jews, much more with Zionists. Sometimes a Jew and a Zionist are the same thing, but not always. There are in fact Christian Zionists.

Everything is either the fault of the Jews, or the Muslims. It's always the fault of the other bogey group. It's never ever the fault of one's own group.

Okay...I won't derail any further than (I must leave for work) other than to say that regardless of what label you want to put on them. The President of Iran has said numerous times that he would like to wipe Israel off the face of the map....and to also say to this:

Everything is either the fault of the Jews, or the Muslims. It's always the fault of the other bogey group. It's never ever the fault of one's own group

Seriously...what the hell does that have to do with what was just said? Nothing. Thank you!

But....to the point of the topic.......

What is left of the Union can simply wait until those, where secession has a chance, degrade to 3rd world status (which is not very difficult as most of them depend on one or more pork barrel from Washington for their subsistence) and then dictate them any humiliating terms to be accepted again and they would take it.

I think you have it a bit bassackwards....Texas doesn't need Washington...and if we succeed...well...look at the other states that would go with us...it would be the rest of the Union that would come begging to join us when they became destitute.

I don't think that, should some of these jokers actually succeed, there will be a clear war North/South. What is left of the Union can simply wait until those, where secession has a chance, degrade to 3rd world status (which is not very difficult as most of them depend on one or more pork barrel from Washington for their subsistence) and then dictate them any humiliating terms to be accepted again and they would take it.

Where do y'all plan on getting gas for your vehicles? You realize that most refineries are in Texas and Louisiana.

Where do you think Washington DC gets there money for pork? From the citizens of the states.

Where do y'all plan on getting gas for your vehicles? You realize that most refineries are in Texas and Louisiana.

Where do you think Washington DC gets there money for pork? From the citizens of the states.

The same way they get most of it right now anyway because there are not enough refining capacities in the US: buy it in Europe, as they use mostly Diesel they have too much of it.

Edited by questionmark

You know there is a very easy solution to all this. The US will be disolved and revert to British control. Then your leader, Queen Elizabeth the Second, will restructure your country into a more suitable orginization. We'll test it for a year or so and then the US will be allowed back into the Commonwealth. There, problem solved.

• Like 2