Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

Simbi Laveau

Looks like there might be a bit of a backlash to all this secession stuff:

https://petitions.wh...e-them/ZbMjcwPf

"Mr. President, please sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported."

Deported where exactly? This petition wasn't well thought out.

Edited by Likely Guy

"Mr. President, please sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported."Deported where exactly?

If you mean it, you can file a petition to the effect here

A petition from a non-American?

Guess that would not work, sorry.

Excuse me? Can we not use the term 'Confederate States'? First, it no longer exists, second, they were whining about 'states rights' while just wanting to keep slaves (while today it's a minority of political whiners because their guy didn't win~), third, it's generalizing an entire part of US as grey coat wearing, bigoted racists, which I can assure you the VAST majority of Southerners are not, by any stretch of the word 'racist'. Does the South have a large population of people who are racist? Perhaps, I don't have numbers on hand but I'd believe it. But is that the majority of Southerners? God no! This idea of Southerners being bigots, Bible Thumpers, and oil barons may be true about SOME of the people, but you have generalized the entire area as a massive quarantine zone. I do see how much the First Amendment means to people like them, if people do not fall in line with their way of thinking, they're wrong, but I sense the very same interpretation coming from you MacGuffin. The South is as varied of opinion as the North, just because someone shouts louder or their temper tantrum is given more news coverage does not make that true for everyone.

Hey, Mac, you seemed to have missed these points I made a few pages back. You wouldn't mind addressing them now, would you?

• Like 1

seems like a lot of foot stomping and fist shaking to me.

i'd be very surprised if anything comes of all this.

Hey, Mac, you seemed to have missed these points I made a few pages back. You wouldn't mind addressing them now, would you?

Just possibly not enough people take the idea at all seriously to consider it worth any serious consideration of the issues. :-/

you need rifles to succeed not petitions. just saying lol

View PostHasina, on 14 November 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Excuse me? Can we not use the term 'Confederate States'? First, it no longer exists, second, they were whining about 'states rights' while just wanting to keep slaves (while today it's a minority of political whiners because their guy didn't win~), third, it's generalizing an entire part of US as grey coat wearing, bigoted racists, which I can assure you the VAST majority of Southerners are not, by any stretch of the word 'racist'. Does the South have a large population of people who are racist? Perhaps, I don't have numbers on hand but I'd believe it. But is that the majority of Southerners? God no! This idea of Southerners being bigots, Bible Thumpers, and oil barons may be true about SOME of the people, but you have generalized the entire area as a massive quarantine zone. I do see how much the First Amendment means to people like them, if people do not fall in line with their way of thinking, they're wrong, but I sense the very same interpretation coming from you MacGuffin. The South is as varied of opinion as the North, just because someone shouts louder or their temper tantrum is given more news coverage does not make that true for everyone.

Dear Plainly Outspoken Hasina,

I don't think Mac has any interest in addressing your post...but I do! So, I hereby offer the following address:

Bravo! :tu::gun::nw::tu:

If we allowed Texas to secede, what would stop every other state from doing the same if they so wished?

I live in California and we have the eighth largest economy in the world. If we, Texas, and a small handful of the other more productive states seceded, what would happen to the US? What would it be like for a less productive state like North Dakota?

All I have to say is that many states depend on food and other necessities from the other states. Would these less productive states be able to survive?

It'll never happen.......

Less productive state like North Dakota?

You may want to re evaluate that one.

North Dakota is one of only two states not running in the red.

California is bankrupt (financially and morally)

North Dakota is currently producing oil hand over fist and has more jobs than people to fill them.

Go ahead and gather up the 8 larger states and figure out how to keep paying the illegal immigrants welfare benefits.

We in North Dakota are fine and wont object.

I wonder if those who signed to separate from the US figured out what that would do to their Social Security and Medicare?

Most are smart enough to know that the boomers are going to suck that program completely dry before they are old enough to see one dime of the tens of thousands they contributed.

Even the SSN website admits it will be bankrupt in the not so distant future, yet privatization is bad... and leaving it in failure mode IS the answer???

Got to love the Govt thought process.

Strangely we see that Obama did not get 47%, which according to you are on government benefits (which is not really true, a study has shown that more than 90% of Americans get a government benefit of some sort and that 1% of those don't want to contribute to them supported by 40% who are also taking from the pork barrel) he got almost 8% more than Romney, or somewhere around 53%. Which happens to be a clear majority.

Now, you can accept that the majority wants something different than you or you can retire into the sulking corner.

Strangely you assume that every single American actually voted.

Secondly, i said 47% DONT PAY TAXES.... THere is a difference between taxes and welfare.

YOUR problem as always in these posts is that rather than listening and understanding what a person is saying, you jump straight to the defensive posture and talk out your rear.

The majority of people DID vote for Obama, duh!

The Majority of people OBVIOUSLY want something different than i do. double duh!

The problem is, WHAT do they want?

I have not seen a single person come out and say they voted for Obama because of his aggressive anti spending platform, or his deficit reduction plans. (These would be what I want)

I have seen people flat out say they voted for Obama on hopes of getting Gay Marriage bills passed, His flexibility on Illegal Immigration, His Obamacare package. The majority voted for Obama on the premise that he GIVE them something.

So much for JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you speech".

And guess what? This is America. I do actually have the RIGHT to speak about how i feel in terms of the way my country is being run.

If you are truly in Greece, you of all people should fully understand what happens when a group of people is cared for to the point that hte govt can no longer support its people.

I could sulk quietly in the corner, but then i wouldnt have the right to say I told you so when America turns into Greece.

Strangely you assume that every single American actually voted.

Secondly, i said 47% DONT PAY TAXES.... THere is a difference between taxes and welfare.

YOUR problem as always in these posts is that rather than listening and understanding what a person is saying, you jump straight to the defensive posture and talk out your rear.

The majority of people DID vote for Obama, duh!

The Majority of people OBVIOUSLY want something different than i do. double duh!

The problem is, WHAT do they want?

I have not seen a single person come out and say they voted for Obama because of his aggressive anti spending platform, or his deficit reduction plans. (These would be what I want)

I have seen people flat out say they voted for Obama on hopes of getting Gay Marriage bills passed, His flexibility on Illegal Immigration, His Obamacare package. The majority voted for Obama on the premise that he GIVE them something.

So much for JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you speech".

And guess what? This is America. I do actually have the RIGHT to speak about how i feel in terms of the way my country is being run.

If you are truly in Greece, you of all people should fully understand what happens when a group of people is cared for to the point that hte govt can no longer support its people.

I could sulk quietly in the corner, but then i wouldnt have the right to say I told you so when America turns into Greece.

Because I am in Greece I understand fully what happens to a country where the rich refuse to pay taxes.

• Like 1

Because I am in Greece I understand fully what happens to a country where the rich refuse to pay taxes.

The Rich in America pay the majority of taxes.

I think we tried once before and failed. I hope that history does repeat itself.

The Rich in America pay the majority of taxes.

They earn about 65% of all income and pay 40% of the taxes, we know, we know.

They earn about 65% of all income and pay 40% of the taxes, we know, we know.

...as if there should be some kind of a ratio between what one earns and what one pays in taxes...we know too...

...as if there should be some kind of a ratio between what one earns and what one pays in taxes...we know too...

There always has been one, from biblical times on. But keep on believing in the asocial and greed brainwash they gave you.

There always has been one, from biblical times on. But keep on believing in the asocial and greed brainwash they gave you.

Okay I will...thanks!

you didn't show anything exsept your antiamerican stance and lies.

He is not Anti- American, or a liar! He is disagreeing and supporting his argument with his reasons why. Your counter is an attack on his character, as opposed to addressing the parts of his argument that you disagree with.

What is it that you disagree with and why?

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

He is not Anti- American, or a liar! He is disagreeing and supporting his argument with his reasons why. Your counter is an attack on his character, as opposed to addressing the parts of his argument that you disagree with.

What is it that you disagree with and why?

I second that. Just because someone has a liberal perspective and a belief system that is...uh...different ( :) )...doesn't make one anti-American...and...Questionmark does present arguments that are based in truth...possibly from a parallel universe...but nonetheless he is not a liar...and name calling like that is just so...well...apart from being against the forum rules...it's just kind of vulgar...now...if I call Obama an out and out liar...which I believe he is...that is kind of different...but when you are calling a classmate, or teammate, or fellow forum member names like that...tsk, tsk... :no: