Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

Simbi Laveau

You don't place a wake up call because you lost the elections, that is only a sign of sore loosing.

And again... you take it right back to the win/lose scenario.... This country is in true trouble and more than a handful of people see it. Maybe you can give me a breakdown of party lines on the petition... tell me who stands on what side of the fence... if not... PLEASE stop pitting party against party and people against people instead of people against the policies that are slowly drowning this country.

that's the trouble with democracy; people have to accept, or at least grin and bear, what the majority choose, and in this case the majority (narrowly) chose the other lot. If there was a Republic of Texas, would it, i wonder, would it allow opposition parties, or would it be a one (Republican) party state?

No, we dont have to grin and bear it, In all reality we are setup so that we DONT have to grin and bear the current situation. We are where we are because the current AND past administrations have erroded away what this country is supposed to be... The question in your post is a mute point to me, because as I stated, I dont think the petitions were truely about leaving the union, its about sending a message to the administration.