Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

some vague experience

Tr14n913

Last night I was laying in my(couldn't sleep)

It was 00:00 hours

When I closed my eyes I started to see some weird distortion, so I tried to concentrate on it and the next moment I could literally see some weird figures. I thought that I was lucid dreaming, so I opened my eyes and there was nothing here

I closed my eyes again and saw the same distortion and I concentrated on it again, but this time I saw faces of some kind of things that didn't look human.......

Can someone explain this?

( I weren't drugged, I didn't drink any kind of caffeine or alcohol, I were fully aware of my surroundings, not paranoid nor mentally ill and no need of a therapist) I have a lot of experience with weird stuff but this surpasses even my expertise

Thanks, cata out

i dont see how this is related to astral projection

I've seen strange entities while attempting Astral Projection though Meditation..

The first looked like my avatar, the lastest was a being of light..

May I ask what they looked like?

They facinate me..

It's hypnagogia and it's fairly normal. Your brain is transitioning into sleep and therefore it's not uncommon to hallucinate or see dream-like images. It can get pretty weird, pretty real, and pretty awesome at times. It's more likely to happen when you're stressed or really tired. I've found that I can sometimes evoke it upon request.

Edited by Cybele

i dont see how this is related to astral projection

So you do not consider the distortion and faces as a consciousness/awareness shift ? and yes what did they look like, they fascinate me too.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

:huh: you see what? I really wish i could understand what your seeing? I am so sick of being normal.... :sm
  • Like 1

Let me put it this way, I was concentrating on something, like the inside of a space ship then I closed my eyes, and what I saw was like the cockpit of it I thought wtf, since I thought that it was cool I kept my eyes shut and after like 10 sec I saw seeing faces, screaming faces then it started to get scary and I opened them(my eyes) so after I opened I thought that it was nice and I closed my eyes again but this time my sight wasn't as clear like the first time

The second time I saw a beautiful half face of a girl with yellow eyes? I saw it for 6 sec and after that I fell asleep

:huh: you see what? I really wish i could understand what your seeing? I am so sick of being normal.... :sm

Sometimes its better to be normal

It's hypnagogia and it's fairly normal. Your brain is transitioning into sleep and therefore it's not uncommon to hallucinate or see dream-like images. It can get pretty weird, pretty real, and pretty awesome at times. It's more likely to happen when you're stressed or really tired. I've found that I can sometimes evoke it upon request.

This would be my first thought too.

So it isn't anything special? Just something common? That's sad

So how does that work? Evoke on request?

In july of this year I started making it a practice of meditating each night before sleep. Since then I've seen a hell of a lot more than just beings that look like my avatar. Granted, some of the images, sounds, sensations and voices are kind of vague and don't make much sense, but every now and then you connect with something that can really make your hair stand on end. The Astral projection thread would be a good place to start..

So it isn't anything special? Just something common? That's sad

I wouldn't say it's nothing special.. If you have a look at Wikipedia "hypnagogia" you'll soon come to realise that yes it is common, but the insight that one can gain from it is truely awe inspiring.. These people ( Beethoven, Richard Wagner, Walter Scott, Salvador Dalí, Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla and Isaac Newton) are known to have gained very important insight from hypnagogia.. And they are only the ones we know who have credited it for some of their insights..

So, is it nothing special? Hell no! It's awesome..

So, is it just something common? Well, yes, everyone is capable of inducing hypnagogia though meditation and awareness of self.

Like I said before, I've been meditating on self and awareness of self and occasionally finding that sweet spot of hypnagogia. I can usually find it every night, but I'm still working on maintaining it. Meditation, clearing the mind, concentrating on breathing and releasing all thoughts is part of it.. But like I said earlier, I've only been doing this for 5 months, I am no expert, and for some reason some people find it a lot easier than others..

I see but what are the effects and results from doing that hypnagogia stuff?

I see but what are the effects and results from doing that hypnagogia stuff?

Am speaking from experience here.. and like I said before, I havn't been practicing it very long.

Effects.

Auditory, visual, and sensations..

These appear to be random at times but there is imo no denying the reality of them.

Have heard voices. Seen people/places/entities. Felt shifts in gravity..

Results.

Experience, as you know..

Hypnagogic can be interpreted whichever way you percieve them. And by that I mean someone who thinks they are a hallucination will always percieve them as such, but someone who understands that the hypnagogic is a state of consciousness will soon learn or realise that as a state of conciousness it is a part of reality that shouldn't be dismissed as anything but real and should be interpreted as such..

Here's what wikipedia has to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

can you explain the link between this and astral projection?

P.S. sorry for the questions but this is rather a strange event for the first time of my life and my curiosity won't leave me alone :passifier:

Edited by Cataclysmic faith

can you explain the link between this and astral projection?

P.S. sorry for the questions but this is rather a strange event for the first time of my life and my curiosity won't leave me alone :passifier:

Well, as I havn't get been able to consciously astral project yet I can't really give much of an explaination.. Even though I have projected in the past, but never intentionally.. Don't know if I can help much, but will give it a shot and if I'm wrong, hopefully, someone with more experience will step in.

I'll keep this pretty basic..

The way I figure it, it all comes down to consciousness/awareness, and different levels and layers of it..

Woken "every day" consciousness or 3-d consciousness is what we're all very much accustomed to. it is a vibrational energy state that's relatively low compared to 4-d 5-d consiousness, Astral realms, other dimentions, ect....

Every night when we go to sleep we slip from Alpha 3-d consiousness into the Beta/Gamma/Astral realms, though all of us do this this few remember it because mind and body goes to sleep, and our 3-d consiousness (when it does remember things) has a damn hard time interpreting 4th or 5th dimentional experiences, hense we get weird dreams of a reality that is just as real as 3-d awareness but near impossible for our 3-d consiousness to comprehend.. As a result, we erase the memories, forget them, dismiss them..

So, we all do it every night.. Mind and Body sleeps..

Astral Projection is keeping the mind awake while the body sleeps, and maintaining that awareness.

Hypnagogia, Astral Projection, it all comes down to various levels or vibrational states of being. Meditating and clearing the mind get's ones self into higher/altered states of consciousness.. Er.. Perhaps a better or simpler explaination is that normal 3-d consciousness, hypnagogia, astral projection are all different vibrational states of consiousness.. Meditation is a tool to get you to the higher states.

hypnagogia is a sweet spot imo.. It's a border between 3-d & 4-d, which is probably why (for me anyway) it's the easiest for my mind to comprehend. From there you can see and experience damn near anything and enjoy a whole lot of WTF moments..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

Well, as I havn't get been able to consciously astral project yet I can't really give much of an explaination.. Even though I have projected in the past, but never intentionally.. Don't know if I can help much, but will give it a shot and if I'm wrong, hopefully, someone with more experience will step in.

I'll keep this pretty basic..

The way I figure it, it all comes down to consciousness/awareness, and different levels and layers of it..

Woken "every day" consciousness or 3-d consciousness is what we're all very much accustomed to. it is a vibrational energy state that's relatively low compared to 4-d 5-d consiousness, Astral realms, other dimentions, ect....

Every night when we go to sleep we slip from Alpha 3-d consiousness into the Beta/Gamma/Astral realms, though all of us do this this few remember it because mind and body goes to sleep, and our 3-d consiousness (when it does remember things) has a damn hard time interpreting 4th or 5th dimentional experiences, hense we get weird dreams of a reality that is just as real as 3-d awareness but near impossible for our 3-d consiousness to comprehend.. As a result, we erase the memories, forget them, dismiss them..

So, we all do it every night.. Mind and Body sleeps..

Astral Projection is keeping the mind awake while the body sleeps, and maintaining that awareness.

Hypnagogia, Astral Projection, it all comes down to various levels or vibrational states of being. Meditating and clearing the mind get's ones self into higher/altered states of consciousness.. Er.. Perhaps a better or simpler explaination is that normal 3-d consciousness, hypnagogia, astral projection are all different vibrational states of consiousness.. Meditation is a tool to get you to the higher states.

hypnagogia is a sweet spot imo.. It's a border between 3-d & 4-d, which is probably why (for me anyway) it's the easiest for my mind to comprehend. From there you can see and experience damn near anything and enjoy a whole lot of WTF moments..

sir you just made my day, but one final question, how did i do it then?, how can say that someone is relaxed?

sir you just made my day, but one final question, how did i do it then?, how can say that someone is relaxed?

lol, I've been asking myself the same questions on how I managed to unintentionally Astral project..

What you did unintentionally with hypnagogia though I know I've done before as well. Meditation isn't what the Main stream media portrays it as.. It isn't always sitting in the lotus position going "ommmmm! ommmmm!" and hanging your carpet on the wall..lol. Much of the time a great meditation is getting home after a hard day, kicking off your shoes, sinking into the sofa and just letting it all go, but keeping yourself aware of your self..

The night this happened you couldn't sleep, and from your origional post I can see you were in a perfect position to enter an altered state that was basically very close to Mind awake/Body asleep.. This is a good spot to experience Hypnagogia or Astral Projection or even other phenomena.

Last night I was laying in my(couldn't sleep)

( I weren't drugged, I didn't drink any kind of caffeine or alcohol, I were fully aware of my surroundings, not paranoid nor mentally ill and no need of a therapist) I have a lot of experience with weird stuff but this surpasses even my expertise

• Like 3

i see, well thank you a lot! :clap:

• Like 1

You can train yourself, as you're falling asleep, to experience hypnagogia. Basically, what I would normally do is ask for it to happen, or keep repeating the affirmation that I will experience it over and over again in my head as I'm about to fall asleep. You can ask a question to something you want to know and see how your mind answers you in imagery or sound. I've also felt sensations of touch at times.

It doesn't always work, but when it happens, you can prime yourself to the point where you'll automatically be woken up by this imagery for some period of time. By this I mean being startled awake on the brink of sleep, not during the middle of the night or upon waking up. It can be annoying or interesting, depending upon your perspective.

Edited by Cybele
  • Like 1

I to have experienced what the OP has described. Though i just chalked it up to imagination. Sometimes very clear images pop through the morphing shapes and colors though. I can do this everytime i close my eyes, though i do not pay it any attention until i am getting ready for sleep then take it for what it is.. seeing objects in the midst of colors and shapes.

• 2 months later...

I see faces as well when I close my eyes. I am very aware when this happens, I can open them up and as soon I close them again the faces are back. They rotate infront of me, come in and fade out. Very clear features and expressions. I feel as they are entities in the lower planes. As soon I higher my vibration they disapear and lot's of beautyful light and scenerie comes in. Or if I don't want to see anything I just close my third eye.