Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best sicky excuse for your boss

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Ah yes the good old sicky I've heard some whoppers over the years and I've even told a few, one of the best was a mates wife rang in and told the boss that her husbands work pants have been stolen of the line and eaten by a herd of goats. So folks whats your best excuse to take a sick day. :yes:

• Like 2

I've done it loads of time, because I was ill and didn't realise it, so couldn't face work everyday....the worst one was 'I fell downstairs last night and put my back out'. :blush:

Thankfully now I'm medically retired I can wake up every morning without that anxiety, or the need to come up with a dumb excuse!

• Like 1

For any building workers out there....

• Like 2

I didn't miss work too much but I did lie about being sick a couple of times. Just had to have to have the day off.

• Like 1

I didn't miss work too much but I did lie about being sick a couple of times. Just had to have to have the day off.

I know what you mean. I used the brocken car excuse once to many times and got caught out. By the way I like your avatar. :tu: Edited by Harlequin Dreamer

There was a spider in my shower, so I couldn't get washed or dressed lol

• Like 3

There was a spider in my shower, so I couldn't get washed or dressed lol

Thats a good one I might just try that next time. :yes:

I called in "hungover" once... fortunately, the rest of my department called in "sick" with various lies. We'd all been at a wild company party the night before.

Since I was the only who called in with the truth, I got paid! Everyone else had to take a vacation day. LOL. Two thumbs up for telling the truth, even when the truth is unpleasant! LOL

• Like 1

I've done it loads of time, because I was ill and didn't realise it, so couldn't face work everyday....the worst one was 'I fell downstairs last night and put my back out'. :blush:

Thankfully now I'm medically retired I can wake up every morning without that anxiety, or the need to come up with a dumb excuse!

Medically retired? :huh:

for women saying you have period cramps is the best excuse.. no one can argue with that, especially if your boss is male..

men are safest saying they have food poisoning.. and its coming out both ends.. leaves a nice visual for the employer..

• Like 2

Womanly problems.

I would tell you to take some pain killers and get your ass into work lol :P

I never took any time off for monthly problems, and i did have it bad.. I knew that if I did, it would look really bad, because the rest of the women in my team were always in ... A hot cup of coffee or tea, few painkillers, and I went on the move.. It wasn't so bad in the end.. A bit of exercise helps ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

for women saying you have period cramps is the best excuse.. no one can argue with that, especially if your boss is male..

If a male boss can see other women getting on with their work day, and knowing some of them complaining about their pain, yet he see's they can still get on with things.. I seriously doubt he will accept the monthly problem as an excuse.... I wouldn't accept it as an excuse, and I know exactly what it's like..

• Like 2

I lost my dog in the park I have take the day off to find him, he is like family to me.

• Like 3

Well I've seen it work many times. Lol. Some girls get it bad.

I know, I was one of them that did... I used to sit down the back at break time and drink hot tea , smoke a ciggy, a couple of strong pain killers and it helped me cope the rest of the day. It can drain you and make you feel tired...so when I got home, a hot water bottle or hot bean bag for my tummy.. and I would sleep..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

When one has been told not to work indefinately because they have medical problems.

I fell of a building and buggered up my whole right side so I know what you mean but I was lucky enough to get a lot of movement back and so now I work part time. :yes:
  • Like 1

I fell of a building and buggered up my whole right side so I know what you mean but I was lucky enough to get a lot of movement back and so now I work part time. :yes:

Glad you mended :)

You said 'buggered' *childish giggle*

• Like 1

Glad you mended :)

You said 'buggered' *childish giggle*

Yeah it's a slightly different meaning down under I forget about dual meanings to some words and in the context of how we use them. lol

"I got the flu. They said it's contagious. Still want me to come in?"

That one usually works, most of the time they say "no".

. So folks whats your best excuse to take a sick day. :yes:

I fell off a ladder on my sons skateboard that made me fall on my @ss on an innocent porcupine and his spines, which in turn gave me rectal dysfunction, at the same time my grandmother died....for the fifth time this year....so I cant come to work today.............honestly!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ah yes the good old sicky I've heard some whoppers over the years and I've even told a few, one of the best was a mates wife rang in and told the boss that her husbands work pants have been stolen of the line and eaten by a herd of goats. So folks whats your best excuse to take a sick day. :yes:

Did that excuse have any luck? :P