Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion and Belief Survey

SpiritWriter

Please be honest and speak from your heart. I presume it would be best for you to answer without reading others responses to get, your initial unadulterated answers, but of course, do it how you want to…

Survey –

1. Do you have religion?
    ---
  2. Do you have a religion?
    ---
  3. How would you define ‘spiritual’?
    ---
  4. How would you define 'religious'?
    ---
  5. What are the good parts about religion?
    ---
  6. Is there anything 'religious' you practice?
    ---
  7. Would you like more practice to your religion?
    ---
  8. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about religion?
    ---
  9. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about your religion?
    ---
  10. Concisely list 5 more religious things that bother you.
    ---
  11. Do you have major qualms with (any) another religion? If yes which one(s)?
    ---
  12. Do you have major qualms with any another person because of any of these differences: race, culture, religious practice, sexual preference (if yes to any, please explain why)
    ---
  13. Are you concrete in your (spiritual/religious) belief or are you speculative?
    ---
  14. Is there anyone in this world that you truly hate?
    ---
  15. Do you know what true love is? If the answer is yes, how do you know this?
    ---
  16. A. Do you believe in freedom from:
    a. racism b. harassment
    c. unequal treatment d. purposeful blocks in your advancement
    16 B. Do you have the opportunity to teach, or give some of these qualities of life to your
    a. people in your community b. the world at large c. in your home?
    16 C. List three institutions that take these things away from people and how.
    16 D. Think deeply - If it is possible that you take these things away from people, please explain.
    ---
  17. How would you summarize the difference between a. Freedom from religion b. Freedom of religion?
    ---
  18. How many religions (this can include sects*) do you feel fairly familiar with (knowledgeable in). This includes basic legends, theories, practices, inner spiritual workings?
    ---

Please, feel free not to answer (or skip some) of course – But you should answer! Speak – be proud of what you believe! :)

* sects - no matter what a label is, the reader should know that beliefs may vary greatly between one person and another, even under a particular title .

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

1. Do you have religion? I have a theology, a codified and structured system of beliefs and practices.
    ---
  2. Do you have a religion? Yes, Catholicism.
    ---
  3. How would you define ‘spiritual’? The peace of knowing and aiming to understand the interconnectivity of life.
    ---
  4. How would you define 'religious'? A structured belief system.
    ---
  5. What are the good parts about religion? Hope, inner peace, the bones of a code of morality.
    ---
  6. Is there anything 'religious' you practice? Not quite sure what you mean.
    ---
  7. Would you like more practice to your religion? I'm quite happy with the level of religon in my life.
    ---
  8. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about religion? Asswits using religion as a tool of oppression.
    ---
  9. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about your religion? The protection of paedophile priest.
    ---
  10. Concisely list 5 more religious things that bother you - People reading only part of the Bible and using it as a stick to beat others with, people who think that because I'm Catholic I'm like all other Catholics, people who don't genuflect in Church, people who don't take their hats off in Church, the fact the Church has tonnes of money and isn't as active as I think it should be in helping the needy.
    ---
  11. Do you have major qualms with (any) another religion? If yes which one(s)? Only the closedminded merchant bankers in all religions.
    ---
  12. Do you have major qualms with any another person because of any of these differences: race, culture, religious practice, sexual preference (if yes to any, please explain why) No.
    ---
  13. Are you concrete in your (spiritual/religious) belief or are you speculative? Concrete enough to be sanguine about going to Purgatory when I die before going to Heaven.
    ---
  14. Is there anyone in this world that you truly hate? No.
    ---
  15. Do you know what true love is? If the answer is yes, how do you know this? I hope I can say "yes", it's a feeling of timelessness when in the presence of hte beloved.
    ---
    a. racism b. harassment
    Yes.
    16 B. Do you have the opportunity to teach, or give some of these qualities of life to your
    Yes.
    I see where you're going with this, and I disagree.
  17. 16 D. Think deeply - If it is possible that you take these things away from people, please explain.
    --- Who knows, probably. I don't intentionally do it, nor do I believe that my religion does it altough people within the religion do.
  18. How would you summarize the difference between a. Freedom from religion b. Freedom of religion?
    --- (a) Not being told what to believe and left alone when walking down the street - also (B) being much the same.
  19. How many religions (this can include sects*) do you feel fairly familiar with (knowledgeable in). This includes basic legends, theories, practices, inner spiritual workings? Six, maybe three.

• Like 2

1. Do you have religion? I have a theology, a codified and structured system of beliefs and practices.
    ---
  2. Do you have a religion? Yes, Catholicism.
    ---
  3. How would you define ‘spiritual’? The peace of knowing and aiming to understand the interconnectivity of life.
    ---
  4. How would you define 'religious'? A structured belief system.
    ---
  5. What are the good parts about religion? Hope, inner peace, the bones of a code of morality.
    ---
  6. Is there anything 'religious' you practice? Not quite sure what you mean.
    ---
  7. Would you like more practice to your religion? I'm quite happy with the level of religon in my life.
    ---
  8. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about religion? Asswits using religion as a tool of oppression.
    ---
  9. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about your religion? The protection of paedophile priest.
    ---
  10. Concisely list 5 more religious things that bother you - People reading only part of the Bible and using it as a stick to beat others with, people who think that because I'm Catholic I'm like all other Catholics, people who don't genuflect in Church, people who don't take their hats off in Church, the fact the Church has tonnes of money and isn't as active as I think it should be in helping the needy.
    ---
  11. Do you have major qualms with (any) another religion? If yes which one(s)? Only the closedminded merchant bankers in all religions.
    ---
  12. Do you have major qualms with any another person because of any of these differences: race, culture, religious practice, sexual preference (if yes to any, please explain why) No.
    ---
  13. Are you concrete in your (spiritual/religious) belief or are you speculative? Concrete enough to be sanguine about going to Purgatory when I die before going to Heaven.
    ---
  14. Is there anyone in this world that you truly hate? No.
    ---
  15. Do you know what true love is? If the answer is yes, how do you know this? I hope I can say "yes", it's a feeling of timelessness when in the presence of hte beloved.
    ---
    a. racism b. harassment
    Yes.
    Yes.
    I see where you're going with this, and I disagree.
  17. 16 D. Think deeply - If it is possible that you take these things away from people, please explain.
    --- Who knows, probably. I don't intentionally do it, nor do I believe that my religion does it altough people within the religion do.
  18. How would you summarize the difference between a. Freedom from religion b. Freedom of religion?
    --- (a) Not being told what to believe and left alone when walking down the street - also ( B) being much the same.
  19. How many religions (this can include sects*) do you feel fairly familiar with (knowledgeable in). This includes basic legends, theories, practices, inner spiritual workings? Six, maybe three.

Thank you so much. Love your answers.

1. Not in the traditional sense, no.

2. I don't follow any particular branch, no.

3. Spiritual to me, is being in tune with yourself and energies around you.

4. Adhering to a set of beliefs. Often it is more "organized" than spirituality.

5. I guess for some, it is having a sense of belonging. It also can be utilized to teach morality.

6. Nothing in particular, aside from observation of various religious holidays. This is to teach my children to respect all faiths, more than anything. Though, I do light a candle on special occasions like birthdays, etc. for loved ones who have died.

7. I don't really have a "religion".

8. Rampant hypocrisy.

9. N/A

10. Religious people who do horrendous things in the name of God/a god.

Religious people who stand in judgment of others.

Each branch of Christianity (not picking on christianity, but this was what I was exposed to as a child and it has always bothered me) has separate beliefs of what is okay and what is not. For example: In one church, it's okay to cut your hair if you're a woman, while in others, it's not. Why so different from one another? Aren't they all using the same Bible?

In most religions, women are oppressed and treated as less than men.

Free will vs. God's will. Both are used by religious people, but they often seem to change positions, depending on which stance suits them at the time.

(It's hard to explain each of these in a concise manner, because I feel these require more of an essay type of response).

11. No

12. No

13. Neither

14. Yes, and with good reason.

15. Yes. I know it because I felt it for my parents, my grandmother, and my children.

16 A. Yes to all

16 B. Yes to all

16 C. I may come back to this one later. I'm getting tired and am not really feeling like delving further at the moment.

16 D. Unintentionally possible, but not probable.

17. Freedom from religion is being free of the confines of what you are told is right by religious superiors, while freedom of religion is being free of the confines of what the rest of society might tell you is right.

18. Around ten, if that's including sub-sects.

**edited to add a missing word

Edited by ImaLoner
  • Like 3

Why would that be up my street, maybe I don't have a street. Maybe, just maybe, I live in a van down by the river. Relax amigo! It's what we in the fun-loving world call a friendly 'joke.'

Off topic, I know, but I can't resist.. I've bolded the relevant part.. bones... I always suspected that you were Matt Foley in disguise... You have now confirmed it..

1 Yes

2 No, if you mean a SPECIFIC one, borrowed from another's beliefs

3 Dealing with, or having to do with the transcendence of feeling and energy that binds one to the world around them, unhindered by limitation or rules.

4 Being devoted to religion- A concrete, defining system of rules that explain how spirituality is governed and works in one's life.

5 Giving a practical tool, by which one may apply and understand the spiritual workings in their life and what the deep meanings are to that individual, bringing them closer to the True Religion, their own.

6 Yes, but customized to my own preferences, and ever evolving toward ultimate truth. Not fixed in place, by someone else's beliefs.

7 Not at the moment.

8 The imposing on others who are lost and want guidance. They are susceptable to being controled in their beliefs, and therefore their actions. The longing for this guidance is the longing for the true self and true truth. Taking another persons "Religion" that governs their actions, is denial and repression of the true spiritual self.

9 N/A

10 N/A

11 N/A

12 Just in imposing beliefs, as mentioned above, and narrow-mindedness. Judging others because of one's own incompitance.

13 I evolve with my understanding.. which is becoming pretty concrete.

14 N/A

15 Love is the opposite of FEAR (not 'hate'). LOVE is an all encompassing feeling of "oneness" with (Blank) and abolishion of the ego, a total trustingness and free radiation of energy results. Fear is a contracting of this energy and seperation of the self from the environment and others resulting, inevitably with "negative" thoughts that mix with the energy/emotion of fear creating things like "hate".

16 A. D

B. B

C. All sectors of society that group together in attempt to control others in any shape or form (Rather not be specific, there).

D. N/A

Will finish at another time.

• Like 1

Please be honest and speak from your heart. I presume it would be best for you to answer without reading others responses to get, your initial unadulterated answers, but of course, do it how you want to…

Survey –

1. Do you have religion? I'm a Celtic Pagan.
    ---
  2. Do you have a religion? As in officially recognized by government, no.
    ---
  3. How would you define ‘spiritual’? People who believe there is more than just the materal world.
    ---
  4. How would you define 'religious'? People who believe in a higher power, organized in a community.
    ---
  5. What are the good parts about religion? Being in a community working to a better life.
    ---
  6. Is there anything 'religious' you practice? I do circles and rituals with others. Sometimes I do them on my own for my own comfort and pleasure.
    ---
  7. Would you like more practice to your religion? I am good with what I am doing.
    ---
  8. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about religion? People trying to force their religion on others by way of law.
    ---
  9. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about your religion? All the misinformation that gets passed around that is misleading.
    ---
  10. Concisely list 5 more religious things that bother you. Murder in the name of religion, war in the name of religion, making profit from the gullible, blasphmey laws, theocracies.
    ---
  11. Do you have major qualms with (any) another religion? If yes which one(s) Yup, the Abrahamic religions. They just promote to much of all the stuff in question 10.
    ---
  12. Do you have major qualms with any another person because of any of these differences: race, culture, religious practice, sexual preference (if yes to any, please explain why) No not really.
    ---
  13. Are you concrete in your (spiritual/religious) belief or are you speculative? Speculative, I can change with in context of Paganism.
    ---
  14. Is there anyone in this world that you truly hate? Specifiably no, but if you murder and cause harm, I might hate you.
    ---
  15. Do you know what true love is? If the answer is yes, how do you know this? Yes, been loved and have loved.
    ---
    a. racism b. harassment
    c. unequal treatment d. purposeful blocks in your advancement yes
    a. people in your community Yes b. the world at large No c. in your home? I live alone so no.
    16 C. List three institutions that take these things away from people and how. Theocracies take away the freedom of religion and people to choose their own way of life.
    16 D. Think deeply - If it is possible that you take these things away from people, please explain. I don't think so, If I do I am sorry.
    ---
  17. How would you summarize the difference between a. Freedom from religion b. Freedom of religion? I think they are the same. To have freedom of religion you have be free to walk away from it too.
    ---
  18. How many religions (this can include sects*) do you feel fairly familiar with (knowledgeable in). This includes basic legends, theories, practices, inner spiritual workings? Christianity, Buddhism, and Hinduism.
    ---

Please, feel free not to answer (or skip some) of course – But you should answer! Speak – be proud of what you believe! :)

* sects - no matter what a label is, the reader should know that beliefs may vary greatly between one person and another, even under a particular title .

• Like 2

taking my own quiz now - I kind of cheated because I did read some of the responses. But nevermind any previous instruction anyway, answer how you want, do what you want. :)

Survey –

1. Do you have religion?
    yes
  2. Do you have a religion?
    yes - non-denomination Christian
  3. How would you define ‘spiritual’?
    I see this in different ways, but ultimately I see this as someone with a 'Spiritual Awareness' meaning they have knowledge of 'the spiritual world' which may mean different things to different people but is quite different than 'the physical world' and deals with deeper concepts, including spirits, spiritual influence, the psyche, and other esoteric subjects
  4. How would you define 'religious'?
    I also see this in different ways, but mainly, the devout practice of something in the form of ritual. I can also see this as a 'person' or 'group' that adheres to a certain set of theories and rules. It has more meanings than these for me however, such as in 'Religious Zeal' for example - I see this as a person who's heart is on fire for what they have become convinced of and display this zest with exuberance.
  5. What are the good parts about religion?
    a. The impartation of the 'truth' of that religion. - In MY religion I would say that is the glorifying of and accessibility to 'God'.
    b. The development of a discipline.
    c. Teachings of morality and spiritual growth that have been handed down from generation to generation, therefore the theories and practices are already in place and have proven results. (even if they may need some personal adjustments from time to time.)
    d. development of community/family mindedness, including the internal social atmosphere and the outreach aspects
    e. Holidays/celebrations
  6. Is there anything 'religious' you practice?
    Not that I can think of right now, besides attending Church most Sundays...
  7. Would you like more practice to your religion?
    yes - I have let go of many of my old practices because I changed churches and my mind has been changing about a lot of spiritual/religious matters, I had become disheartened by the church in some regards - but now I want to get back to more discipline, ritual, rites (for the sake of the spiritual results), and celebrations.
  8. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about religion?
    Corrupt leaders
  9. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about your religion?
    The idea that the Bible, the Pastor, The Priest etc... has more spiritual authority than the common believer has. I say that each man be a priest, and that we would not submit to any hierarchy, save God alone, who speaks to the hearts of men and who is within all of us.
  10. Concisely list 5 more religious things that bother you.
    1. In Christianity I hate the attitude of authority any member takes, or the overall appearance that the Church takes regarding spiritual authority, including hate toward other religions. 2. Dirty church leaders (that pimp the congregation/members of the community, usually the downtrodden, etc.) I do not blame the sheep but do wish they could somehow take their blinders off. 3. The extreme hate exibited by those from another religion (including those who claim to have no religion, but hate the religious), which in extreme cases lead to genocide and on a minor scale take the form of personal attacks on believers. 4. The manipulation of history regarding these matters to serve an elect group and the confusion passed down to the mass population 5. the separatism propagated by (false) religion ---
  11. Do you have major qualms with (any) another religion? If yes which one(s)?
    no - well I may, but I don't know what it is right now, most that I have researched I see their good side. I generally am against the summoning up of demonic forces and the use of witchcraft to either harm, or try to harm another. (If these things be a part of any 'religion' I don't know.) I also wouldn't agree with any sort of human sacrifice. As far as animal sacrifice - I just really can't say how I feel about that. Specifically no, I cannot name one religion in particular that I have a major problem with. ---
  12. Do you have major qualms with any another person because of any of these differences: race, culture, religious practice, sexual preference (if yes to any, please explain why)
    no ---
  13. Are you concrete in your (spiritual/religious) belief or are you speculative?
    I am concrete on some things. I haven't a clue about most things, but am always growing. I have a theory that we (as individuals and as groups) go through rotations in our beliefs. Those things that are concrete are at the core and the defining precepts change in intervals- we see this in the merging of religions every 2000 years (for example) on a large scale, similar to: art movements, political upheavals, and on a small scale, a person changes from being Roman Catholic to Agnostic etc (this is not MY example, just AN example.) Because we are only alive (on earth) for a short period of time, it is not necessary for us to go through to many changes, probably just a few of deep proportion. When we die (and I believe in the afterlife) we will be given an even greater knowledge and transformation. ---
  14. Is there anyone in this world that you truly hate?
    No, but I've had it pretty easy. ---
  15. Do you know what true love is? If the answer is yes, how do you know this?
    Yes, because of my Children. ---
    a. racism b. harassment
    c. unequal treatment d. purposeful blocks in your advancement Yes
    Mostly "C" but probably on a small scale, all of the the above
    Government, Education Systems, Prisons
    16 D. Think deeply - If it is possible that you take these things away from people, please explain.
    Probably (on a very small scale), but this is something that I DO NOT want to do, so I need to be
    cognitive about my actions, especially in positions of 'so-called' authority.
  17. How would you summarize the difference between a. Freedom from religion b. Freedom of religion?
    I guess its the same, Freedom from an outside source having influence on your religion (or the lack of one)
  18. How many religions (this can include sects*) do you feel fairly familiar with (knowledgeable in). This includes basic legends, theories, practices, inner spiritual workings?
    Only one, I have read pieces of theory etc.. from other religions, but I have only practiced and grown spiritually within one. I have been meditating about a year and this is different from traditional Christian teaching. I have broken away from what I considered Traditional Christian teaching (although I have always taken the liberty to question religious authority) but after much contemplation, I appreciate and understand even better now all that I went through (within my religion), what I have learned and the esoteric meanings behind these things. ---

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

Do you have religion?

Do you have a religion?

My answer to both is the same. I don't have, nor want, a religion.

---

How would you define ‘spiritual’?

I'll try and word to the best I can. I think spirituality is about searching, about looking for answers. About making some sort of connection. But the important, key thing is you have to do it yourself.

---

How would you define 'religious'?

I see religion as being like spirituality for the lazy. You don't have to search or look inside yourself you just have to do as your told. Be it by riest or imman or holy book. It's not about any sort of journey or self-discovery, but more about simply doing as you're told.

---

What are the good parts about religion?

The only 'good' parts are the ones which concern heling others, though again it concerns me. People that follow them are either doing it because they're told to or to get into god's good graces which see to counteract the general 'goodness'. I'd much rather people did those things without religion.

---

Is there anything 'religious' you practice?

No.

---

Would you like more practice to your religion?

NA

---

What is the #1 thing that upsets you about religion?

How people hate others because 'the bible says so' or the 'koran says so'. And how they try and restrict freedoms beause of what religion says. (And how blindly they follow it.)

---

What is the #1 thing that upsets you about your religion?

NA

---

Concisely list 5 more religious things that bother you.

Counting the things about as 1-3. How religions try (and suceed) getting loopholes around legislation. Their tax free status in certain countries, which they frequently flout to influene the law. How the catholic church (technically a foriegn power) has influence on the laws of countries.

---

Do you have major qualms with (any) another religion? If yes which one(s)?

How religions treat others. The whole hate the sin/love the sinner crap. How they treat women, people of other faiths and gay people.

---

Do you have major qualms with any another person because of any of these differences: race, culture, religious practice, sexual preference (if yes to any, please explain why)

No to most of them. However, with culture and religious practice? It'd depend what it is.

---

Are you concrete in your (spiritual/religious) belief or are you speculative?

A little of both. I' concrete the the aberhamic faiths are absolute nonsense. But I do think there may be something after death.

---

Is there anyone in this world that you truly hate?

Doesnt everyone have someone like that?

---

Do you know what true love is? If the answer is yes, how do you know this?

---

A. Do you believe in freedom from:

a. racism b. harassment

Yes to all. I do believe that such freedom is necessary. I also think it's necessary to remove religious exeptions from those things.

I don't think I have any skills or qualities I could teach. The most I do is teach mum to use things.

---

How would you summarize the difference between a. Freedom from religion b. Freedom of religion?

Freedom from religion is basically the no religion should have any form of control over issues for everyone. Basically that a speicfic law of a faith should not be law simply because that faith says so.

Freedom of religion is people being able to practice the religion of their choosing freely, as long as it doesn't cross into harming people. Again, I think religions do have a tendancy to get away with harming people and refusing to aknowledge it unless it's physical harm.

---

How many religions (this can include sects*) do you feel fairly familiar with (knowledgeable in). This includes basic legends, theories, practices, inner spiritual workings?

Probably three. With bits and pieces from others (although some of that's faded since I learned it).

Do you have religion?...No

Do you have a religion?...No

How would you define ‘spiritual’?..Doing things for others that benefits them, not some imaginary sky daddy.

How would you define 'religious'?...Having a religion, organized or not, and letting that run your life.

What are the good parts about religion?...None really

Is there anything 'religious' you practice?...No

Do you have major qualms with (any) another religion? If yes which one(s)?...No

Do you have major qualms with any another person because of any of these differences: race, culture, religious practice, sexual preference (if yes to any, please explain why)...No

Are you concrete in your (spiritual/religious) belief or are you speculative?...No

Is there anyone in this world that you truly hate?....No

Do you know what true love is?...Who defines "true love"?

a. racism b. harassment

c. unequal treatment d. purposeful blocks in your advancement..Yes

a. people in your community b. the world at large c. in your home?...I provide in-home services to a neighbor.

How would you summarize the difference between a. Freedom from religion b......Freedom of religion?..Freedom OF religion is being able to worship as you wish so long as it isn't actively hurting others. Freedom FROM religion is being free from having religion forced on you by whatever means.

I really wanted to answere.... But ..... Naaaa . To msny question at at once for me. I'm a libertarian, feminist, shamanic dreamer. That should answer most of the questions.

I hope you get some good answers

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Survey –

1. Do you have religion? Yes
    ---
  2. Do you have a religion? Eclectic Paganism
    ---
  3. How would you define ‘spiritual’? Having an understanding of Spirit, yours and everyone/thing else's.
    ---
  4. How would you define 'religious'? Having, believing, and acting upon those beliefs. You can believe something is a 'sin' or against your religion and still do it. Religious people (in my opinion) try harder not to do those things.
    ---
  5. What are the good parts about religion? Most of the religions I'm familiar with, generally try to get their members to improve upon themselves and follow a few general rules (ex: don't kill, don't hurt others, adultery, healthy lifestyle etc.)
    ---
  6. Is there anything 'religious' you practice? Certain ritual guidelines.. among other things.
    ---
  7. Would you like more practice to your religion? Well a more frequent practice schedule wouldn't hurt.
    ---
  8. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about religion? People and their intolerance, close-mindedness, and hypocrisy.
    ---
  9. What is the #1 thing that upsets you about your religion? People who abuse it. Can't think of anything I don't actually like.
    ---
  10. Concisely list 5 more religious things that bother you. 1. People who use religion for excuses to hurt people. 2. People getting tricked into a mass suicide and taking their children with them to indulge in the lies they were conned into believing. 3. I listed close-mindedness on Q. 8 but... people themselves are NOT God/dess, they do NOT know they are correct, they BELIEVE they are correct. Not knowing the difference bothers me. 3. War in the name of religions that are against killing. (Duh?) 4. Hypocrites. (We don't drink but there's a six pack and a bottle of wine in the fridge.) and 5. Using religion for political power.
    ---
  11. Do you have major qualms with (any) another religion? If yes which one(s)? Not with the religions themselves, just some of the people who harass others about their flaws when they ignore their own.
    ---
    --- I do have issues with people against Gayness... those who use religion to say homosexuals are sinners need to realize their God created these people like this, and need to accept that. Otherwise they don't believe in what they say they do.
  13. Are you concrete in your (spiritual/religious) belief or are you speculative? Being eclectic, I am not concrete. I change and adapt my beliefs when I learn new things.
    ---
  14. Is there anyone in this world that you truly hate? Yes and no. In my opinion, you have to love someone before you can hate them. I hate what he has done to hurt me, which is part of his nature, which is part of him. So yes.
    ---
  15. Do you know what true love is? If the answer is yes, how do you know this? Yes. Because I've felt it, and more often I've seen it. Like at my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. No one else for 60+ years.
    ---
    a. racism: I think eventually we will all be one race.. therefore no more reason to judge upon skin color or geography.
    Well I consider C as in family as well. To the younger generations.
    1. School. The more education about race, and why it exists, will do everyone a lot of good. (2. and 3. will come to me later, I'm sure)
    Sad to say there will always be ignorance getting in the way of prosperity in life, in my opinion, but I say keep trying. Maybe the balance will be tipped and more knowledgeable people will surface and ignorant people will be few and far between.
    ---
    From, meaning that religion itself is the snare. Of, meaning that you have a choice in which religion you believe in.
    ---
  18. How many religions (this can include sects*) do you feel fairly familiar with (knowledgeable in). This includes basic legends, theories, practices, inner spiritual workings? Urm... Quite a few really, but lets go with a nice number 4.
    ---

Survey –

Do you have religion?

no ---

Do you have a religion?

not one

1. ---

How would you define ‘spiritual’?

being human ---

How would you define 'religious'?

Having a codified or ritualised set of behaviours pertaining to belief ---

What are the good parts about religion?

Social

---

Is there anything 'religious' you practice?

Not per se

---

Would you like more practice to your religion?

Not relevant ---

What is the #1 thing that upsets you about religion?

I dont do upset. Life is too short

---

What is the #1 thing that upsets you about your religion?

as above ---

Concisely list 5 more religious things that bother you.

as above ---

Do you have major qualms with (any) another religion? If yes which one(s)?

In general it depends on the good vs the harm a religion does. Most religions in modern times do more good than harm for people. ---

Do you have major qualms with any another person because of any of these differences: race, culture, religious practice, sexual preference (if yes to any, please explain why)

No. I have lots of qualms about lots of things and people but none based on religious beliefs. ---

Are you concrete in your (spiritual/religious) belief or are you speculative?

I know what i know and i suspend belief and disbelief in things i do not know.

---

Is there anyone in this world that you truly hate?

---LOL. No

Do you know what true love is? If the answer is yes, how do you know this?

---Yes. It is how I feel about myself, and thus how I can feel about others.

a. racism b. harassment

With freedom comes duty and responsibility. No one in a society is truly free.

Yes to all three

I do not know of any.

---What things? in general no one can take something away from another person which they are not prepared to surrender, except their mortal life.

1. How would you summarize the difference between a. Freedom from religion b. Freedom of religion?
    Freedom from religion would be a world without religion of any kind. Freedom of religion is a world where people can exercise any non- destructive religion, (eg one that doesn't sacrifice babies or burn down people's houses) or chose not to have any religion. ---
  2. How many religions (this can include sects*) do you feel fairly familiar with (knowledgeable in). This includes basic legends, theories, practices, inner spiritual workings?
    ---A dozen or more; in part because I teach comparative religions on occasions to students as a part of societies and environments, and partly because i have a personal interest in human spirituality and religious beliefs.

Edited by Mr Walker

• Do you have religion?
    Yes.
  • Do you have a religion?
    No.
  • How would you define ‘spiritual’?
    Anything pertaining to the afterlife or the "death dimension."
  • How would you define 'religious'?
    Devotion to a higher power and the hope of attaining truth.
  • What are the good parts about religion?
    The unified message of loving each other.
  • Is there anything 'religious' you practice?
    Not really, not in a ritualistic way.
  • Would you like more practice to your religion?
    In my opinion my religion is fine as it is, and I am happy.
  • What is the #1 thing that upsets you about religion?
    Those who claim that theirs is the only right one.
  • What is the #1 thing that upsets you about your religion?
  • Concisely list 5 more religious things that bother you.
    1: Wars. 2: Institutionalized religion. 3: Attacks upon those with differing beliefs. 4: Monetary abuse. 5:
  • Do you have major qualms with (any) another religion? If yes which one(s)?
    Any religion/cult that glorifies harming others.
  • Do you have major qualms with any another person because of any of these differences: race, culture, religious practice, sexual preference (if yes to any, please explain why)
    No.
  • Are you concrete in your (spiritual/religious) belief or are you speculative?
    Wet concrete.
  • Is there anyone in this world that you truly hate?
  • Do you know what true love is? If the answer is yes, how do you know this?
    No.
  • A. Do you believe in freedom from:
    a. racism b. harassment
    Yes to all.
    Only if asked, I don't want to force my beliefs down the throats of others.
  • How would you summarize the difference between a. Freedom from religion b. Freedom of religion
    Not sure... I'll have to think about that.
  • How many religions (this can include sects*) do you feel fairly familiar with (knowledgeable in). This includes basic legends, theories, practices, inner spiritual workings?
    Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Shinto