Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2nd Amendment

LucidElement

Can you own a gun in Greece?

Yes. But you are required to ensure that no authorized 3d party has access to it.

is that fully automatic rifles??? you can buy them with no class 3 permit?

if they are not select fire, they are not assult rifles, just look alikes. you can get those even in ny. i had 5 ak's when i lived in li. none was assult rifle

None are sold as fully auto but very easily converted. Class 3 is not required based on the barrel length.

Nibs

I know there is a huge difference between an assault rifle and a pistol, especially in terms of their killing capability. .

actually you wrong again.

here civilan guns, are not limied to pistols, 3006 hunting rifle will make a lot bigger hole in person\animal than ak, or ar rifle. and it shoots farther, some are semi auto, just like assult guns look alike. not to mention magnum cartriges, we also have shotguns, and pistols that use rifle ammunition. so in some cases pistols here will do a lot more damage than ak or ar.

Edited by aztek

None are sold as fully auto but very easily converted. Class 3 is not required based on the barrel length.

Nibs

most guns, unless they don't have a magazine or are bolt action, can be converted into an automatic. Some you can only use once afterwards.

than none was assult weapon.

You're playing a semantic game.

Assault Weapon

Criteria of an assault weapon

Assault weapon (semi-automatic) refers primarily (but not exclusively) to firearms that possess the features of an assault rifle (which are fully-automatic). Semi-automatic firearms, when fired, automatically extract the spent cartridge casing and load the next cartridge into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun; rather, only one round is fired with each trigger pull.

In the former U.S. law, the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, TEC-9, non select-fire AK-47s produced by three manufacturers, and Uzis) and other semi-automatic firearms because they possess a minimum set of features from the following list of features:

300px-Zastava_M70AB2_with_folded_stock_Hunter_la5.JPG

magnify-clip.pngA semi-automatic Yugoslavian M70AB2 rifle.

300px-Kg99.jpg

magnify-clip.pngAn Intratec TEC-DC9 with 32-round magazine; a semi-automatic pistol formerly classified as an Assault Weapon under Federal Law.

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

• Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
  • Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
  • Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
  • Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
  • A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

• Folding or telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
  • Detachable magazine.

Nibs

most guns, unless they don't have a magazine or are bolt action, can be converted into an automatic. Some you can only use once afterwards.

Yup. NOT that I am advocating that in the least.

Nibs

Nibs

you can't convert it, there are laws that make it illegal. lol.

as for barrel lenght, yes you need special permit for short barreled rifles, don't think so?? cut off a barrel of even .22 bolt action, to 12" than show it to your sheriff, see what happens,

Edited by aztek

you can't convert it, there are laws that make it illegal. lol.

Umm...yeah, it can be ILLEGALLY converted. If the plan is to own a fully auto weapon then I don't think the fact that conversion is illegal will stop someone.

Nibs

So infowars as a source and FEMA camps being brought up. Well good that people are using calm logical reasoning instead of baseless emotional parania. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So infowars as a source and FEMA camps being brought up. Well good that people are using calm logical reasoning instead of baseless emotional parania. :rolleyes:

Duh, what did you expect?

:P

Nibs

Umm...yeah, it can be ILLEGALLY converted. If the plan is to own a fully auto weapon then I don't think the fact that conversion is illegal will stop someone.

Nibs

my point exactly, just like laws wont stop you from doing it, they will nether stop anyone from getting a gun. that is why i don't like gun control, it is just bunch of new laws, that crooks ignore anyway.

there are quite a few semi auto hunting rifles, that don't look anything like assult look alikes. and they fire more powerfull cartriges than assult rifles.

actually assult rifle ban didn't ban real assult rifles to ppl that have class 3 license, even silencers are legal to sell, use, if you have such license. neither it stopped crooks from getting guns. nor it helped to curb crime. why even bother reinstating it.

it is just as useless as nyc gun fingerprint program, that wasted millions, and never helped to solve a single crime according to nypd.

Edited by aztek

Duh, what did you expect?

Nibs

On UM? I expected everyone to reject the paranoid hyperbole, laugh at how silly the entire situation was, and then focus on more practice issues in calm debates full of mutual respect. I mean isn't that what always happens?

• Like 2

It seems like many DD-preppers are actually longing for the chaos, death and despair that would follow.

Maybe not longing for death, but more for sitting alone in a cabin up in the hills -bunkered up with food water any guns enough to invade a small country- and pick off anyone coming near.

Almost like they want back the lawless wild west where lead did the talking and no ****er gave a crap if you were dead or alive.

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 1

It seems like many DD-preppers are actually longing for the chaos, death and despair that would follow.

Maybe not longing for death, but more for sitting alone in a cabin up in the hills -bunkered up with food water any guns enough to invade a small country- and pick off anyone coming near.

Almost like they want back the lawless wild west where led did the talking and no ****er gave a crap if you were dead or alive.

It is the "good old times" syndrome... where anybody who has been there can only confirm the "old" part.

actually you wrong again.

here civilan guns, are not limied to pistols, 3006 hunting rifle will make a lot bigger hole in person\animal than ak, or ar rifle. and it shoots farther, some are semi auto, just like assult guns look alike. not to mention magnum cartriges, we also have shotguns, and pistols that use rifle ammunition. so in some cases pistols here will do a lot more damage than ak or ar.

I am not wrong; my statement is correct. We are talking about different things, and I get the feeling you are implying to much into my posts. A gun's killing ability is not only detirmined by the size of the bullet, but also by many other factors. I can put 5-10 shots in a target with an assault rifle, single shot, but only 1 or 2 with a hunting rifle at the same time (as long as you are not Lee Harvey Oswald). There are surely many more.

An assault rifle is designed for this very purpose, while a hunting rifle is designed for a precise strike over a long distance. That people may use an AK for hunting (seriously? That gun is so inaccurate) changes nothing about it's intended purpose.

Also, a semi-auto gun fires as fast as I pull the trigger. No need for full auto, which I have found only useful for suppressive fire in a combat situation anyway.

• Like 1

. A gun's killing ability is not only detirmined by the size of the bullet, but also by many other factors. I can put 5-10 shots in a target with an assault rifle, single shot, but only 1 or 2 with a hunting rifle at the same time (as long as you are not Lee Harvey Oswald).

yea, here is is determined by the way it looks apperantly. there are sami auto hunting rifles as well here.

ppl do hunt with ak, nothing wrong with that 100-150 yards is close enough for ak to be more than usefull, and accurate, in right hands. seen it done hundreds of times.

A gun's killing ability is not only detirmined by the size of the bullet, but also by many other factors.

It is hardly determined by the size of the bullet. Even a .22 Long Rifle can kill at a greater distance than anybody could shoot it straight.

• Like 1

actually it is determined by bullet energy, we have laws which dictate what caliber gun can be used for what game, even if .22 can kill someone 500 yars away by accedent, it doesn't mean anything.

yea, here is is determined by the way it looks apperantly. there are sami auto hunting rifles as well here.

ppl do hunt with ak, nothing wrong with that 100-150 yards is close enough for ak to be more than usefull, and accurate, in right hands. seen it done hundreds of times.

I was not taling about the looks. A .44 Colt looks scarier than a FAMAS, in my opinion.

I do believe you that people successfully hunt with an AK, but that would never be my choice. It's ridiculous to campare an AK and a proper hunting rifle in terms of accuracy. I would think of them as posers, who do that for the implied coolness factor of the AK.

• Like 1

I dont think some people would be satisfied until they have a M61 Vulcan in their bedroom window, or mounted on their pickup.

With a ROF around 6000 rounds/min maybe they feel a bit "safer".

[media=]

[/media]

I dont think some people would be satisfied until they have a M61 Vulcan in their bedroom window, or mounted on their pickup.

With a ROF around 6000 rounds/min maybe they feel a bit "safer".

[media=]

[/media]

yeh, but they would probably need a second mortgage to pay for a full magazine :devil:

I do believe you that people successfully hunt with an AK, but that would never be my choice. It's ridiculous to campare an AK and a proper hunting rifle in terms of accuracy. I would think of them as posers, who do that for the implied coolness factor of the AK.

i beg to differ, if i hunt game 100-150 yards away, and ak does that just fine, i don't see why it is a poor choice, the rifles does what i need it to do, reliable in any condition, and ammo costs pennies. it has absolutely nothing to do with the way it looks.

i call posers ppl that come at the range\woods with 2000 dollar rifle, with 1000 dollar scope, but can't hit a barn from 100 yards, those are posers.

Edited by aztek