Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2nd Amendment

LucidElement

I watched on CNN recently that Obama is trying to make the purchase of guns as well as keeping them in your house (even licensed) ILLEGAL

I call BS. He is doing no such thing.

• Like 3

Are you serious? That is your proof that obama wants make it illegal to buy and own guns? Your a fool. And if it wouldn't be an insult to morons I would probably call you something else.

Here he says more at the Presidential Debate!! MORON eh? lol

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2012/10/24/what-president-obama-says-hell-do-to-your-gun-rights/

I call BS. He is doing no such thing.

said he WANTS too.. probs wont get away with it.. but just stupid he even wants too.

Here is another article!!

http://www.infowars.com/gun-store-reports-400-surge-in-sales-after-obama-re-election/

Obama also indicated that he would attempt to eviscerate the right to keep and bear arms during a White House meeting with gun control advocate Sarah Brady last year. During the meeting, Obama told Brady he was working “under the radar” on new gun control policy. Brady added that Obama assured her gun control was “very much on his agenda.”

BOOM

Forgive the possibly daftness of the next bit, but I have a question regarding the Second Amendment.

I dimly remember reading something that stated that, if you are indeed part of a militia unit, you are only permitted to hold one weapon, and a set number of ammunition supplies. Is this true?

And in following, why is it this scare story is made every time there's an election in the US? I recall hearing it when Clinton won, and also when W. Bush came into office.

http://www.infowars....ma-re-election/

Obama also indicated that he would attempt to eviscerate the right to keep and bear arms during a White House meeting with gun control advocate Sarah Brady last year. During the meeting, Obama told Brady he was working “under the radar” on new gun control policy. Brady added that Obama assured her gun control was “very much on his agenda.”

BOOM

Well, there is view of over 16,000 guns that "disappear" every year from the control of their owners and many wind up related to some crime there is an urgent need to overhaul gun laws. That does not mean that anybody has to take any guns away from nobody. It just means that you are responsible for your guns and that responsibility will be enforced.

• Like 1

Forgive the possibly daftness of the next bit, but I have a question regarding the Second Amendment.

I dimly remember reading something that stated that, if you are indeed part of a militia unit, you are only permitted to hold one weapon, and a set number of ammunition supplies. Is this true?

And in following, why is it this scare story is made every time there's an election in the US? I recall hearing it when Clinton won, and also when W. Bush came into office.

There is no such a law or regulation that states that you can have only one gun. In fact in most states you can pack iron until you can't walk anymore.

And yes, in view of the brightness and the paranoia of the "serial gun owners" every election is used by the industry to send a scare around to make them buy guns they really don't need. Regardless of who wins.

Every gang in uniform parading around guns could be counted as militia.

But would that fall under "well regulated"?

http://www.infowars.com/gun-store-reports-400-surge-in-sales-after-obama-re-election/

BOOM

You are misreading all of the articles you presented. He is talking about gun control, not about banning them. It's a huge difference.

• Like 1

This is the one thing that would make me give up on the US(Wouldn't hesitate to pull a Texas well .02% Texas :P) if it passed taking away all guns. On the other hand.. there needs to be better classes to teach people gun safety to stop people from being stupid with them(I'm talking to you the I thought it was unloaded people). I'd rather have a well-armed and properly trained country then a pacifist country.

I love shooting though as a hobby in general, I hunt and I didn't even need to pick up any new guns or ammo this election.

. He is talking about gun control, not about banning them. It's a huge difference.

what is gun control iyo, and what laws needs to be passed to change situation. that already aren't on the books

Scares like this have been going on for years now. The 2nd Amendment is still firmly in place.

It wasn't that firmly in place in New Orleans after Katrina when our military went house to house taking those citizen's guns.

what is gun control iyo, and what laws needs to be passed to change situation. that already aren't on the books

Well we have been going on a lot about this before, and I didn't plan on repeating myself, but to keep it short: I'm in agreement with this ban on assault rifles like the AK, or an M4, G36, FAMAS (no idea if those can be legally obtained in the States), since they have not been designed for defense, hunting, sport or any other private usage. They are attack weapons, hence their name.

Gun control is regulating the availabilty of guns for private purposes. It is not making private gun ownership illegal. There are many forms, more or less strict, of gun control.

It wasn't that firmly in place in New Orleans after Katrina when our military went house to house taking those citizen's guns.

Yup and the government was wrong, admitted it (eventually) and have since passed Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006

It's not only citizens that are stupid and paranoid.

Nibs

• Like 1

Obama treads all over the constitution . So far he's raped two amendments ,oh wait,three amendments .

He's a sneaky b****** .

Obama treads all over the constitution . So far he's raped two amendments ,oh wait,three amendments .

He's a sneaky b****** .

Which ones?

Nibs

Well we have been going on a lot about this before, and I didn't plan on repeating myself, but to keep it short: I'm in agreement with this ban on assault rifles like the AK, or an M4, G36, FAMAS (no idea if those can be legally obtained in the States), since they have not been designed for defense, hunting, sport or any other private usage. They are attack weapons, hence their name.

Gun control is regulating the availabilty of guns for private purposes. It is not making private gun ownership illegal. There are many forms, more or less strict, of gun control.

you really didn't say anything. you actually showed how ignorant you are in regards to weapons, there are almost no assult rifles available, those few ppl that have atf permit, class3 permit, are hevily regulated, and taxed already. what you see on tv are NOT assult guns, they are look alikes. also it is absolutely irrelavant, since any "civilian" rifle can kill you just as good. and just so you know, ppl do hunt with ak's and ar rifles, that are not assult rifles in reality.

again, what laws you think need to be passed that already not on books.

Edited by aztek

And consider the NDAA, it won't be long before all the government has to do is consider you a terrorist (for stockpiling guns,ammo,and food) and confiscate your guns and cart you away to a FEMA detention camp.

you really didn't say anything. you actually showed how ignorant you are in regards to weapons, there are almost no assult rifles available, those few ppl that have atf permit, class3 permit, are hevily regulated, and taxed already. what you see on tv are NOT assult guns, they are look alikes. also it is absolutely irrelavant, since any "civilian" rifle can kill you just as good. and just so you know, ppl do hunt with ak's and ar rifles, that are not assult rifles in reality.

Well, I had to use those guns I am so ignorant of quite regularly while I was a paratrooper in the German Bundeswehr. I know there is a huge difference between an assault rifle and a pistol, especially in terms of their killing capability. .

I have also stated that I do not know if they can be legally sold in the States right now (how is that ignorant?). Thank you for giing me a slight insight on that. When I get the time, I will read into that topic, as I am very much interested in constitutional law by profession.

Actually, I only wanted to point out that "gun ban" and "gun control" are not interchangeable terms.

I live up in Montana, you can buy assault rilfes in pawn shops. My buddies have AR-15 and AK-47s etc.. one of my buddies just bought an assault rifle in California at a store.

I live up in Montana, you can buy assault rilfes in pawn shops. My buddies have AR-15 and AK-47s etc.. one of my buddies just bought an assault rifle in California at a store.

Yup, my son just bought an AR.

Nibs

FYI - Colorado Gun Broker

Edited by HerNibs

Militia has a negative connotation these days. The idea at the time was clearly an issue of defending communities and individuals from an oppressive government such as the one being escaped. I agree that if they come for the guns there will be trouble. And it won't just come from a small fringe or minority of citizens.

I disagree. I think if they passed the legislation to end the 2nd ammendment 99% of the sheep would whine and pout the whole way to the firearm buy-back center. Edited by OverSword

I have no problems in monkey rigging a brass press to make my own.

Can you own a gun in Greece?

is that fully automatic rifles??? you can buy them with no class 3 permit?

if they are not select fire, they are not assult rifles, just look alikes. you can get those even in ny. i had 5 ak's when i lived in li. none was assult rifle

Edited by aztek