Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

denied an abortion

glorybebe

I wonder if the tune from the pro-lifers would change if it were themselves, or their spouse, laying there fighting for their life.

It's so damn easy having opinions about other peoples distress.

Actually as I recall politicians who run on banning abortions for all instances have been caught getting their spouses abortions, either due to life threatening circumstances or just 'cause.

The only one that particularly sticks out was the instance of the Romney's that was made public during the elections.

As for the earlier person, yes no one forced her to become pregnant. Likely she wanted the child, and would have attempted again if she hadn't died.

• Like 2

Abortion isn't a medical solution. It's child murder.

do you really hold this barbaric medieval viewpoint ?if so stop decrying our muslim immigrant population for there medievel views on such things because if you really think a woman should be allowed to die in agony so a braindead babys heart can beat a little longer, you are no better(in fact worse)than they will ever be.

• Like 2

do you really hold this barbaric medieval viewpoint ?if so stop decrying our muslim immigrant population for there medievel views on such things because if you really think a woman should be allowed to die in agony so a braindead babys heart can beat a little longer, you are no better(in fact worse)than they will ever be.

Yup.

What I don't get are the people who see the world as black & white. You can disagree with abortions, but, this wasn't an abortion of an unwanted pregnancy...it was the fetus dying and not being able to be saved...so not only make the woman suffer physically, but mentally and emotionally? What century are we in?

• Like 1

The Irish Govt needs to face Negligent Manslaughter charges, IMO

I agree. Any Government which murders an innocent child needs to face the full weight of international law.

I wonder if the tune from the pro-lifers would change if it were themselves, or their spouse, laying there fighting for their life.

It's so damn easy having opinions about other peoples distress.

A lot of pro-lifers believe that it would be right to save the mother in this case. Something similar happened to Rick Santorum's wife and she terminated the pregnancy.

http://sarahditum.com/2012/01/04/the-political-womb/

That is so true.

Erm.. The baby was dying and taking the mother with it..... I don't see how the second part of what you said is relevant in any way.

How is it murder if the baby was going to die anyway?

I think the only murder here was of the mother. You do not even leave a woman in active labor with her cervix 100% dilated for that long because every minute it is open the risk of infection increases exponentially.

• Like 1

I agree. Any Government which murders an innocent child needs to face the full weight of international law.

Have you not read the story? the child was dying!!!

I can't think of many that do murder children.

I think the only murder here was of the mother. You do not even leave a woman in active labor with her cervix 100% dilated for that long because every minute it is open the risk of infection increases exponentially.

Exactly, that was murder.

The child was already dead. The abortion was to remove the dead embryo before the woman followed.

Do you misunderstand this point?

Catholics don't like abortion because it means less children to molest.

Why is the right to life of the fetus greater than the right to life of the mother?

People are nutty, and this poor woman suffered a horrible death because of it.

Why is the right to life of the fetus greater than the right to life of the mother?

People are nutty, and this poor woman suffered a horrible death because of it.

I can't imagine what she went through! Knowing the baby she wanted was dying and the doctors couldn't save it, feeling the baby die and then the infection taking over her body? The whole while in such horrible pain.....cruel, cruel doctors.

Well... as I see it the abortion of a non - viable foetus is NOT murder. What IS murder is the part that the Roman Catholic Church imposes on Nation States in determining their Laws when it affects non- Catholics. Separation of Religion and State is what is at stake here - I do not want to be forced into accepting Hysterical, Jihadist - like, Christian doctrines when my own belief system believes them to be nothing more than subjugation of my own personal rights..

The Irish Govt needs to face Negligent Manslaughter charges, IMO

Depends on the circumstances.. in this particular case if a Catholic Priest had been present I think he would of asked to save the Mother if he knew the baby was going to die. I know this for a fact because I was given the 'last rites' by a Priest with regard to a pregnancy that had gone terribly wrong, the baby wasn't going to survive no matter what intervention and I was critically ill and he gave me his blessing

Edited by Star of the Sea

fool

:yes:

Some people don't take the time to read the article and the circumstances to make a knowledgeable post. It seems that the world is black and white and they will not change their opinion. It is quite sad really.

Belfast, Northern Ireland (CNN) -- The husband of a woman who died after being refused an abortion in Ireland will take the case to the European Court of Human Rights, his lawyer said Thursday....

....Despite two other government investigations, Halappanavar decided to take the case to court because the Irish health minister had not agreed to a public inquiry into his wife's death by Thursday...

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/29/world/europe/ireland-abortion-controversy/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

What is the holdup on an inquiry? You would think since this instance caused such a huge impact on the news worldwide that the Irish Government would want to deal with it ASAP. Do they think it is just going to go away?

:yes:

Some people don't take the time to read the article and the circumstances to make a knowledgeable post. It seems that the world is black and white and they will not change their opinion. It is quite sad really.

Or some stupid anti Abortion group