Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House demolished because of wrong delivery

glorybebe

Congratulations to the home owner though, now the Insurance company will be building him the home of his dreams - brand spanking new no renovation required. Every cloud has a silver lining so they say.

• Like 4

Congratulations to the home owner though, now the Insurance company will be building him the home of his dreams - brand spanking new no renovation required. Every cloud has a silver lining so they say.

after the land is decontaminated. I guess he gets his rent paid until this is all finished. What a hassle, but as you say....new house! LOL

• Like 2

You think so?

I reckon the insurance company will weasel out of paying a cent by saying "ohh you accepted delivery without double checking it was what you ordered, its you're fault, we can't be held responsible for your decisions".

You think so?

I reckon the insurance company will weasel out of paying a cent by saying "ohh you accepted delivery without double checking it was what you ordered, its you're fault, we can't be held responsible for your decisions".

I'm thinking he never signed for anything given the insurance co. is paying the cleanup and new house bill (according to the article). Many of these type of deliveries are done regardless whether home owners are available to sign for it or not.

• Like 1

You think so?

You are not always home when companies deliver here in Canada, they bill you later. So, yeah, the guy wouldn't even know until the stuff was pumping out into the ground. And how the driver didn't smell it really makes me wonder.....

• Like 1

Hopefully nothing personal that can't be replaced was lost.

• Like 1

Hopefully nothing personal that can't be replaced was lost.

Yeah, that would really be heartbreaking for the poor guy.

I wonder if the driver has unemployment benefits that will cover him for a tragic mistake?

I wonder if the driver has unemployment benefits that will cover him for a tragic mistake?

no employment insurance benefits if you are fired unless you can prove you were fired unuystly. I dont think that will apply here.