Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

12th-century rabbi predicted Israel's future

Karlis

Judah Ben Samuel was a legendary and prolific German rabbi of the 12th century who made some astonishing and specific predictions about the future of Jerusalem and Israel that came true.

To recap the astonishing predictions: In AD 1217 this scholarly and pious rabbi prophesied that the Ottoman Turks would rule over the holy city of Jerusalem for eight Jubilees. Now, keep in mind, he made this prediction 300 years before the Ottoman Turks seized control of Jerusalem in 1517. If indeed 1217 and 1517 were jubilee years as Judah Ben Samuel believed, then his prophecy was exactly right, because exactly 400 years after the Turks took control of Jerusalem they were driven out of the city and the holy land in 1917 by the Allied forces under the command of General George Allenby – on Hanukkah, by the way.

The rabbi also prophesied that during the ninth Jubilee Jerusalem would be a “no-man’s land.” This is exactly what happened from 1917 to 1967, due to the fact that the Holy Land was placed under British Mandate in 1917 by the League of Nations and literally “belonged” to no nation.

~~~ ... But it gets even more interesting, because Judah Ben Samuel also prophesied that during the 10th Jubilee Jerusalem would be under the control of the Jews and the Messianic “end times” would begin. If he’s right, the 10th Jubilee began in 1967 and will be concluded in 2017.

Read more

Edited by Karlis
  • Like 1

Wow sounds like he is right on target on what he predicted. Wonder whatelse he has predicted?

• Like 1

Judah Ben Samuel was a legendary and prolific German rabbi of the 12th century who made some astonishing and specific predictions about the future of Jerusalem and Israel that came true.

To recap the astonishing predictions: In AD 1217 this scholarly and pious rabbi prophesied that the Ottoman Turks would rule over the holy city of Jerusalem for eight Jubilees. Now, keep in mind, he made this prediction 300 years before the Ottoman Turks seized control of Jerusalem in 1517. If indeed 1217 and 1517 were jubilee years as Judah Ben Samuel believed, then his prophecy was exactly right, because exactly 400 years after the Turks took control of Jerusalem they were driven out of the city and the holy land in 1917 by the Allied forces under the command of General George Allenby – on Hanukkah, by the way.

The rabbi also prophesied that during the ninth Jubilee Jerusalem would be a “no-man’s land.” This is exactly what happened from 1917 to 1967, due to the fact that the Holy Land was placed under British Mandate in 1917 by the League of Nations and literally “belonged” to no nation.

~~~ ... But it gets even more interesting, because Judah Ben Samuel also prophesied that during the 10th Jubilee Jerusalem would be under the control of the Jews and the Messianic “end times” would begin. If he’s right, the 10th Jubilee began in 1967 and will be concluded in 2017.

Read more

If Judah Ben Samuel understood the first of the 72 dimensions of The Hidden Book in The Torah he would know all the important events up to the coming of The Universal Messiah. The Qur'aan also confirms this in great details.

If Judah Ben Samuel understood the first of the 72 dimensions of The Hidden Book in The Torah he would know all the important events up to the coming of The Universal Messiah. The Qur'aan also confirms this in great details.

the jews think they are the chosen people but i was under the impression that muslims thought they are the new chosen people. a wise man knows that he can finish his work before he begins it, i dont think god would choose the jews and then think it wasnt worth the effort and choose some one to succeed them.

Edited by Armchair Educated
  • Like 1

If we were all made in Gods image why would he favor one over another. That's the problem with religion they all think their way is the only way or the only true word of God when most holy books were written by men not God. I'm not going to say there is no God but any religion that condones murder or keeping someone under their thumb probably has nothing to do with God.

• Like 1

If we were all made in Gods image why would he favor one over another. That's the problem with religion they all think their way is the only way or the only true word of God when most holy books were written by men not God. I'm not going to say there is no God but any religion that condones murder or keeping someone under their thumb probably has nothing to do with God.

i wouldnt say he favours the jews due to every thing they have gone through but then again a good parent rewards as well as punishes. if there is a god then there must only be one truth, otherwise reality would be a pretty unstable place. why would a god create anything unless he intented to use them? or influence them in some way?

• 2 weeks later...

If we were all made in Gods image why would he favor one over another.

I agree. And I think that is the difficulty with being the chosen people. In the OT, God made it clear that He chose Israel to bless all nations and become a beacon of hope for them all. Instead, Israel passed on that awesome opportunity, wanting instead to be like their neighbors.

That's the problem with religion they all think their way is the only way or the only true word of God when most holy books were written by men not God. I'm not going to say there is no God but any religion that condones murder or keeping someone under their thumb probably has nothing to do with God.

I agree. If you look at the OT writings, nobody got stoned for homosexuality, wearing two types of fabrics, or dishonoring their parents. A good majority of commandments weren't even headed.

But it wasn't for the fact that these commandments weren't followed, because, as Jesus stated in Matthew 23:23, those were the less weightier aspects of the Law. The more weightier parts of the Law can be found in Leviticus 19:8-18.

"When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God. "You shall not steal; you shall not deal falsely; you shall not lie to one another. You shall not swear by my name falsely, and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord . "You shall not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired servant shall not remain with you all night until the morning. You shall not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block before the blind, but you shall fear your God: I am the Lord . "You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor. You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the Lord . "You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord ." (Leviticus 19:9-18 ESV)

Not obeying any of these did not result in death, yet for the fact of not obeying these, Jerusalem and its temple was destroyed twice. For which of the less weightier aspects of the Law was Jerusalem made desolate?

Jesus reinterpreted the Law. It should be His intepretatiom that we go by and nobody else's. According to Jesus' teachings, there should be no elitism or oppression among God's people.

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." (John 15:12 ESV)

“The prophet Elijah, who will precede the Messiah, appeared to me and revealed many things to me and emphasized that the precondition for answered prayer is that it is fueled by enthusiasm and joy for the greatness and holiness of God.”

Any idea who Elijah might be? I mean, he must be walking around somewhere if he preceeds the Messiah (who apparently is returning in 2017)

The modern equivilant of Elijah is Elliot

Any idea who Elijah might be? I mean, he must be walking around somewhere if he preceeds the Messiah (who apparently is returning in 2017)

The modern equivilant of Elijah is Elliot

The coming of Elijah would likely be in the spirit of Elijah's ministry: To turn people to the worship of the one true God.

In that case, Elijah could have been around for a while. For me, Elijah is the martyr aspect of the Historical Church. They witness by laying down their lives for God, if need be. Like Elijah, their testimony of Jesus is consistent.

Believing in these prophecies equates to believing in the prophecies of Nostradamus (which are not credible, by any means).

Edited by Alienated Being

Believing in these prophecies equates to believing in the prophecies of Nostradamus (which are not credible, by any means).

Granted, i do not know the validity of these prophecies. Yet equating them with nostradamus is not quite correct. Nostradamus was so vague that you could apply the same passage to many separate events. These claims appear to be specific and correct.

There isn't more than one Ottoman empire, or Israel, or Jewish faith. Hence, when you say (300years before the fact) that "the Ottoman Turks would rule Israel for exactly 400 years then it will be own by no man for 50 years before being returned to Jewish hands" It can only be interperted one way.

But, as i stated, i have no way of verifing that the prophecies are not made up.

Granted, i do not know the validity of these prophecies. Yet equating them with nostradamus is not quite correct. Nostradamus was so vague that you could apply the same passage to many separate events. These claims appear to be specific and correct.

You are obviously missing my point. My point is that this individual is just as incredible as Nostradamus. I can predict that within 400 years, there will be a global nuclear war... and it will last ten years. If my prediction turns out to be correct, I will be hailed as a prophet; if it does not, then I will not. Anybody could have made a prediction like this proclaimed prophet.

Secondly, you will see that I clearly say "equates to BELIEVING IN", not "this prophet equates to Nostradamus".

Edited by Alienated Being

You are obviously missing my point. My point is that this individual is just as incredible as Nostradamus. I can predict that within 400 years, there will be a global nuclear war... and it will last ten years. If my prediction turns out to be correct, I will be hailed as a prophet; if it does not, then I will not. Anybody could have made a prediction like this proclaimed prophet.

Secondly, you will see that I clearly say "equates to BELIEVING IN", not "this prophet equates to Nostradamus".

I understand your point. I still think that believing something that is specific is not the same as believing in something that is not specific and can be applied to any situation.

The only similarity is that both have no possible explaination in science for their predictions.

I guess this would fit nicely into the war on Iran timeframe. The US is right behind Israel and I don't think Russia and China would approve of it either. So effectively all superpowers could become heavily involved in this conflict.

both have no possible explaination in science for their predictions.

:tu:

Religious nutters all. I bet the muslims can find some dusty old cleric who 'predicted' the situation as well. I bet we won't hear a single thing about Judah Ben Samuel after 2018.

• Like 1