Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jacket converts to homeless shelter

ozman

What a wonderful invention, a jacket that converts into a sleeping shelter for the homeless.

• Like 4

A great invention. More people should think of creating things for the homeless and less fortunate and less on selfish desires.

The world can be an awfully cold place when you no longer have a roof to shield you from the night. This idea is wonderful and I wish this young lady and her cohorts all the success in the world for doing good work.

• Like 1

Wow, "the uploader did not make this video available in your country" hilarious, thanks you-tube uploader :td:

Anyway, for those in my sphere I found a kinder uploader here is the Southern Hemisphere friendly link....

• Like 2

Here is a somewhat similar story, which was aired on Australia's TV last night.

'Angel' lends a helping hand

November 14, 2012, 6:18 pm Mark Gibson Today Tonight

A selfless young woman whose mission is to help her city's homeless has secretly been joined by an undercover angel - one of Australia's richest men.

Every Saturday night Sarah English takes volunteers on a walking tour of Perth, exposing the city's homelessness problem.

Along for the ride is Tony Sage - Perth Glory's well-known owner, a multimillionaire mining magnate and red carpet regular, who's about to become English's 'undercover angel'.

English and Sage are total strangers, who are about to become the best of friends.

Three years ago, as a twenty-year-old, English started Swags Team Perth. Her aim is to provide a life-saving 'backpack bed' to every homeless person in Perth.

The award-winning beds, created by Tony Clark are designed for homeless people who are turned away from shelters empty-handed.

English did the sums and realised that with 760 rough sleepers in the Perth CBD, the beds, at $68 each, would cost around $52,000. Add $3000 for shipping and storage, and her target is $55,000.

"We've raised about $23,000 so far, so we're nearly half way there which is brilliant," English said.

And that's where the 'undercover angel' comes in with a very special surprise offer.

Source: and watch the video

In case the above video clip from TV Station Channel 7 is not playing,

Edited by Karlis
  • Like 3

What a inventive idea. I want one and I'm not even homeless.

• Like 1

What a inventive idea. I want one and I'm not even homeless.

Me too, so many reasons - chilly nights out watching fireworks or open air shows, camping etc. For the homeless who have no choice it is a poor substitute for real shelter though. Community halls should be opened with airbeds lined up across the floor and these jackets avail for homeless who cannot access a bed in a proper shelter, it's better than freezing or being molested in an isolated "nook" between buildings somewhere.

• Like 1

Me too, so many reasons - chilly nights out watching fireworks or open air shows, camping etc. For the homeless who have no choice it is a poor substitute for real shelter though. Community halls should be opened with airbeds lined up across the floor and these jackets avail for homeless who cannot access a bed in a proper shelter, it's better than freezing or being molested in an isolated "nook" between buildings somewhere.

Thou (really) speakth the truth, Libstak. If I were homeless, I think I know I would prefer a warm shelter with a airbed any day. Yet, I'm glad someone came up with this invention/idea.

• Like 1