Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World War II Love Letters Wash Up

sarah_444

Superstorm Sandy destroyed towns and homes, and took lives, but a stack of 57 letters tied together with a pink ribbon survived the devastating storm.

Kathleen Mullen was taking a walk along the Henry Hudson Trail in Atlantic Highlands, N.J., the day after the storm hit when she spotted the bundle of letters.

“They were obviously tied with a pink ribbon, so I automatically knew that they were love letters,”....

(more here)

So sweet! :wub:

• Like 1

Nice article, but would I can't see how they washed up? Surely they are from somewhere near by. Wouldn't the sea have destroyed them over those years?!

Yeah, it's not clear who had the letters before the storm, but another article I saw said that they believe they floated down a nearby river and into the bay where they were found. So I guess someone must have had them in thier home or something. Would be interesting for the family I bet, to find out a bit more about that.

• Like 1

Yeah that sounds more like what would have happened. Very intresting though and definitly intresting for the family. Good thread. :tu: Thought more people would have been intrested in it though.

I wonder who had them before the hurricane; an interesting story.