Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Open enrollment is here

RavenHawk

Anybody here making their healthcare selections? Hows the sky rocking deductible balancing out with the slightly less premium? Anybody come to the conclusion that it doesnt pay to be healthy? It also appears that maybe for the younger workers, it's cheaper to take the tax penalty but will their company be willing to take that hit? Decisions, decisions…

Edited by RavenHawk

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Startraveler

• OverSword

• Ashotep

• RavenHawk

Anybody here making their healthcare selections? How’s the sky rocking deductible balancing out with the slightly less premium? Anybody come to the conclusion that it doesn’t pay to be healthy? It also appears that maybe for the younger workers, it's cheaper to take the tax penalty but will their company be willing to take that hit? Decisions, decisions…

I work in the insurance industry and just did my enrollment yesterday. Wellness is the new scam. We actually had to take a wellness survey or are monthly premium (employee contribution part) was about double.

I have a feeling if there wasn't any health insurers at all it would only cost you a fraction to see a doctor as it does now. Probably wouldn't have the medical advances though wouldn't be that much money in it and the law suits would still be there.

My deductible isn't changing, though my premiums are dopping slightly in January.

That said, I thought conservatives wanted to see higher deductibles in insurance markets?

My deductible isn't changing, though my premiums are dopping slightly in January.

That said, I thought conservatives wanted to see higher deductibles in insurance markets?

Yeh,but only if they come by something they passed the law on...

• Like 1

Yeh,but only if they come by something they passed the law on...

Exactly. It's not about how something may be good for us, but rather how it's good for their party.