Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

Oh thanks. Are the dimensions or whatever they talked about on the show true? I was only partially paying attention to the show. I'll check it out. It's just another "lucky" piece of land in my opinion.

I didnt watch the show or at least not in its entirety.... I especially would not have chosen to watch it unless I was trying to decipher a point someone made - based exclusively on the show......I'm a reading man, and will zoom thru texts quicker than sensationalized shows get to their points... but pls do read from 149 for about 2 pages....

or start here to save yourself going any further:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramids

History research especially academic research of history is all guessing.

Qualified (and by this I mean "backed up by evidence that people themselves can examine") guessing, yes.

The atlantic ocean is huge note the etymology of atlantis with atlantic, have you explored every inch of the atlantic ocean?

Personally?

No.

But people who have studied this better then me have said "there's little chance of Atlantis being in the Atlantic", however Phil Coppens suggests that what Plato called Atlantis was actually on mainland Europe, which is a theory I'm intrigued by. The prevailing theory I do subscribe to is that Plato did a "all names have been changed to protect the innocent" on his Critias.

That's bullcrap. Ther are many expert who believe it was a leprechaun fart.

Give me a minute and I'll find a vidoe that proves it.

You sir are a fool and a moral coward.

You FEAR, yes I say FEAR the truth of Ping-Pong.

• Like 1

Thats why you should be more open minded and less dismissive of non mainstream conformist theories.

You have no imagination, people with no imagination are pretty boring, all great inventors had vivid imaginations.

So you are looking for fun and crazy things. How do you feel about the growing leprechaun fart theory?

• Like 1

As it's my job to fire that imagination in children, I have to agree.

However it's also my job to ensure that children don't accept any old rubbish as facts, I have to say "there's a fork in the road between imagination and fantasy", and fantasy is where reality is well and truly left behind.

So plato's tales about atlantis is rubbish? yet herodotus and his tales about the pyramid are credible?

Edited by LRW

The point many of us are making is that the points should be disputed on the show itself.

Without that, they are presenting a massively biased article - that in and of itself isn't unusual, but it's on the bloody History channel, so it should at least pretend to be scientific and subject it's claims to analysis or at the very least offer an alternative theory.

Hell, picking one idea - the perfect walls of PP for example - and spending an entire episode exploring the possibilities of their construction, maybe using our best guess at contemporaneous techniques, modern techniques etc etc would make for fascinating viewing IMO.

I agree. It's horrible how it is presented on the history channel. My 10 year old daughter watched it and thought it was spouting facts. Apparently there are several 10 year old who believe in the ridiculous.

• Like 1

So plato's tales about atlantis is rubbish? yet herodotus and his tales about the pyramid are credible?

Not rubbish, just not what they appear.

Thats why you should be more open minded and less dismissive of non mainstream conformist theories.

non mainstream conformist theories?

non mainstream conformist theories????????

eh?

more open minded to theories?

quote: 1. Definitions

Conformity = A change in behavior or belief as a result of real or imagined group pressure.

sorry sweety I dont suffer from group pressure, my posts have indicated that...

!

Edited by seeder

Qualified (and by this I mean "backed up by evidence that people themselves can examine") guessing, yes.

They are biased, many museums won't display certain artifacts that do not fit in with mainstream model of history.

That's bullcrap. Ther are many expert who believe it was a leprechaun fart.

Give me a minute and I'll find a vidoe that proves it.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: ....hahaha, its silly-o-clock time again!!! lovin it !!

They are biased, many museums won't display certain artifacts that do not fit in with mainstream model of history.

thats a bold statement indeed. so which museums dont do that, and what is it they wont show?

Edited by seeder

There is no proof of that. Museums display religious items. There is not a museum czar who rules the worlds museums. You are making frivolous assumptions made up to fit your story.

• Like 2

As much as I'd like to agree with you, because I'd really like something like Atlantis to have existed, there are suggestions that are too far out, that are too unsupported by proven history and/or understood physics to be acceptable as anything other then fodder for science fiction stories.

I like Mysteries of the Museum because in my travels I saw there are many out of place artifacts and bones just thrown into drawers because they don't fit in with the established theories for particular digs! Usually I learned about most facinating relics from asking curators about items in storage than the one in the exhibits. We need shows that just throw out some of those kind of things and doesn't really speculate on the why or how but just says here's a really weird item that we found at the dig.

Mr Hats if there were an "Atlantis" it would be very hard to find! If you ever watched "Life after People" show, you know how little could be expected to survive the destruction of a really ancient civilization no matter how advanced. Speculations for science fiction or looking for clues to further evidence is great, but I really hate these so called shows that spew out stuff as fact and even the mysterious stuff is then discredited more than it should be.

• Like 3

There is no proof of that. Museums display religious items. There is not a museum czar who rules the worlds museums. You are making frivolous assumptions made up to fit your story.

lol

Because there is no proof, then therefore its impossible?

I like Mysteries of the Museum because in my travels I saw there are many out of place artifacts and bones just thrown into drawers because they don't fit in with the established theories for particular digs!

They don't want their history model being exposed for the utter garbage that it is, the AD/BC and BCE/CE chronology they use is alarming to say they least, their whole model is based around conjecture.

I like Mysteries of the Museum because in my travels I saw there are many out of place artifacts and bones just thrown into drawers because they don't fit in with the established theories for particular digs! Usually I learned about most facinating relics from asking curators about items in storage than the one in the exhibits. We need shows that just throw out some of those kind of things and doesn't really speculate on the why or how but just says here's a really weird item that we found at the dig.

Mr Hats if there were an "Atlantis" it would be very hard to find! If you ever watched "Life after People" show, you know how little could be expected to survive the destruction of a really ancient civilization no matter how advanced. Speculations for science fiction or looking for clues to further evidence is great, but I really hate these so called shows that spew out stuff as fact and even the mysterious stuff is then discredited more than it should be.

It is nice to see a post that is reasonable. I don't think there are many on here who are not interested in or not open to the possibility of. It's the way AA presents it's stuff as fact. That is wrong and it harms the minds of young one's who may someday be real experts in a particular field.

• Like 1

Didn't say that they were rubbish - I said they were "name changed".

They don't want their history model being exposed for the utter garbage that it is, the AD/BC and BCE/CE chronology they use is alarming to say they least, their whole model is based around conjecture.

Who are these "THEY" you speak of?

You think that 99% of people who dedicate their lives to the study of ancient man are hiding the truth? Giorgio is in the 1%. The 1% gets the attention because as you said yourself, you like the "not boring" stuff.

History research especially academic research of history is all guessing.

The atlantic ocean is huge note the etymology of atlantis with atlantic, have you explored every inch of the atlantic ocean?

Until very recently we knew much more from our probes of other planets than we did the oceans of earth and geological mapping etc.. This would be the bed of the oldest life forms in Darwin's thinking.

Mr Hats if there were an "Atlantis" it would be very hard to find! If you ever watched "Life after People" show, you know how little could be expected to survive the destruction of a really ancient civilization no matter how advanced.

I agree, after all the only reason we still have the pyramids is because they were buried by sand for centuries, the sand protected them from winds and rain and the ususal things that damage stone buildings.

• Like 1

I certainly admire his tenacity. Rather reminds me of the good ol' days of the Best Evidence threads and our old friend Skyeagle.

Good times indeed :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

You think that 99% of people who dedicate their lives to the study of ancient man are hiding the truth? Giorgio is in the 1%. The 1% gets the attention because as you said yourself, you like the "not boring" stuff.

Agreed! and yet the real truth is even more of an amazing story...MAN did it. All of it. And never has he stopped doing it. cant you become enthused with that? WE are - or have that is, the potential to achieve anything.. we can fly.. we can go to the moon, we can create the number one language in the universe, MUSIC... we can create medicines, we can heal others, we can operate on a newborns lungs and save her life... we can sacrifice ourselves to save those we love in the ultimate unselfish acts...... we can cry/laugh/love/despair/forgive...learn....... we are...fantastic!! we are human!

we are as good as if not better than any imagined race of aliens

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

What a ridiculously absurd assertion. Any museum director would be more than thrilled to put on display anything that challenges history as we know it - imagine the publicity it would create.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

If you want funding for your research, you can't risk the museums credibility. The same way a discoverer of certain items in a dig is not given credit only the lead person or just the sponsor and name of the dig. That's the way things work. Most of the guys who research more of what they found that that strikes them as weird, do it on their time. If they find something they may publish their research and unfortunately a lot of speculation right or wrong.

• Like 1

I don't regard Giorgio Tsoukalos as being reputable when it comes to disseminating knowledge of the ancient world. I don't like his tone in the same way i don't like modern mainstream history conformists tone, when they talk about history, its like they say it as if its undeniable truth. lol

Mainstream historians when they talk, they say it happened in such a time bla bla, the era is being described by them as if they were there themselves when they simply were not. When they were not there themselves, then they are only guessing what happened, so they should be more cautious when talking about what they think happened, but no, instead they are portraying themselves as being there firsthand and having witnessed everything, they believe everything the so called ancient scholars wrote, those scholars were usually biased in particular the roman ones. When a tribe is defeated, the romans would make up all derogatory stuff about them, romans were cowards.

Edited by LRW

What is sane for one man might be insane for the other. It's not really a matter of sanity, it's a matter of what can be proven and what can't be proven.

Then read what has been posted and decide what you think is sane.