Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

I can see that you lot are keen to try out your diplomacy skills!! Good to see even we skeptics are ready for anything! Like Seeder, it is a bit scary there being two of them, but hey, for the team, I guess I could wander in and try to negotiate whirled peas.

:clap:

we just got to share a beer one day!

• Like 1

anyway, wheres zoser and crikey? did we say sumfin?

Zoser's in the UK, it's entirely possible that he's literally snowed in and lost his Internet connection.

Crickey's had his "fun" with us and I think's moved onto the History section.

:clap:

we just got to share a beer one day!

Done deal :D

frabz-Why-dont-you-love-me-anymore-Is-it-because-of-the-burgers-i-gave-8d097d.jpeg

In summary AA is comprised of lies, mistakes, half truths and ignorance. You would know that if you watched the vid.

Let's do a deal muchachos! - i'll watch the vid if you guys go watch a "Bible Evidence of ET Visitation" vid.. :)

you need to go over to the religion section of the forum and stop posting such clap trap here

What's religion got to do with anything?

Here PC Alan Godfrey sketches the UFO that blocked his patrol car and abducted him-

AlanGodfrey.jpg

And here's Ezekiels biblical close encounter-

"I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal...a wheel intersecting a wheel...I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking, he said...stand up on your feet and I will speak to you"

ezekielswheel.jpg

See my point? A UFO sighting report is a UFO sighting report no matter whether it's in the local paper or in the Bible or the Bhagavad-Gita, Vedic scriptures, Native American folklore or anywhere else, so it's our DUTY as open-minded investigators to examine ALL reports no matter where they are.. :)

Edited by Crikey

Dream on contenders, I'm still in the ring.. ;)

Tell 'em Rock!-

"C'mon, it's true, but that don't bother me, I just wanna prove somethin',I ain't no bum, it don't matter if I lose, don't matter if Crikey opens my head.

The only thing I wanna do is go the distance, that's all.

Nobody's ever gone fifteen rounds with Crikey.

If I go them fifteen rounds, an' that bell rings an' I'm still standin', I'm gonna know then I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood"...

rocky1.png

Edited by Crikey

Let's do a deal muchachos! - i'll watch the vid if you guys go watch a "Bible Evidence of ET Visitation" vid.. :)

Here PC Alan Godfrey sketches the UFO that blocked his patrol car and abducted him-

AlanGodfrey.jpg

And here's Ezekiels biblical close encounter-

"I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal...a wheel intersecting a wheel...I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking, he said...stand up on your feet and I will speak to you"

ezekielswheel.jpg

See my point? A UFO sighting report is a UFO sighting report no matter whether it's in the local paper or in the Bible or the Bhagavad-Gita, Vedic scriptures, Native American folklore or anywhere else, so it's our DUTY as open-minded investigators to examine ALL reports no matter where they are.. :)

What most often strikes UFO enthusiasts as reminiscent of a spaceship, other than the fact that everything that’s in it is airborne, are the wheels. Before dealing with those specifically, however, let us consider the vision as a whole and see if the imagery of the ancient religions of the Near East isn’t a better fit as the source of Ezekiel’s vision than the imagery of a spaceship.

First of all, Ezekiel says he saw the apparition as a cloud coming on a wind from the north. The word translated as “north” is, in the original Hebrew, zaphon, a word that means “hidden” or “dark” and is only associated with the north as being a quarter of the compass that was gloomy and unknown. To the north of the civilized world in the perspective of the ancient near east lay wild barbaric lands out of which such nomadic peoples as the Cimmerians and the Scythians erupted to wreak havoc on the settled world. Thus the portent of the cloud is ominous or mysterious. However,zaphon is also the name of a locality, Mt. Zaphon in Lebanon, the home of the Canaanite gods. The patriarch of the Canaanite pantheon, El, was merged with Yahweh and is referred to in the Bible in the plural / intensive form Elohim. In fact the two names were often coupled as Yahweh Elohim, translated in the Bible as “the LORD GOD.” In co-opting El’s name, Yahweh also co-opted his wife, Asherah, whose image is constantly being removed from the Temple by strictly Yahwist kings such as Hezekiah and Josiah (2 Kgs. 18:4 and 23:6). Yahweh also would have been seen by his worshipers as taking over the sacred mountain of the Canaanite gods, Mt. Zaphon. Thus, the cloud that approaches from the north (zaphon) is both mysterious and holy.

LINK

Dream on contenders, I'm still in the ring.. ;)

Tell 'em Rock!-

"C'mon, it's true, but that don't bother me, I just wanna prove somethin',I ain't no bum, it don't matter if I lose, don't matter if Crikey opens my head.

The only thing I wanna do is go the distance, that's all.

Nobody's ever gone fifteen rounds with Crikey.

If I go them fifteen rounds, an' that bell rings an' I'm still standin', I'm gonna know then I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood"...

rocky1.png

559px-AntonioTarverRaiseJuly2011.jpg

Been there.. done that.. used to have the books in my library.. even used to go to the little obscure movie sessions and talks.. then I looked into it myself.. and well you know the outcome of it :D

watch the vid crikey..

From you link psyche, I think the final paragraph illustrates quite nicely what I have been saying recently about taking the beliefs of ancient cultures out of context.

Ezekiel’s vision, so exotic and otherworldly to us, was something any of his compatriots in exile in Babylon would have understood easily. In fact, it is only when the vision is rendered in translation, rather than in the original Hebrew, coupled with modern readers’ unfamiliarity with the iconography of the ancient near east, that makes it possible for us today to mistake angels for spaceships.

:tu:

• Like 2

From you link psyche, I think the final paragraph illustrates quite nicely what I have been saying recently about taking the beliefs of ancient cultures out of context.

:tu:

Cheers mate.

I agree it is my bugbear too, they try to tell us that we should apply modern thinking to ancient art and literature, without a second thought to said literature or what it represents. I reckon it is deliberate. Easy to start with a clean slate, you can write what you want, but uncovering the traditions languages and customs now that would be hard work! And it will not sell as well on the telly!

Zoser's in the UK, it's entirely possible that he's literally snowed in and lost his Internet connection.

Crickey's had his "fun" with us and I think's moved onto the History section.

And it was 02:26 when this was posted.

Crikey, I did say a few posts back that unless you have watched 'our' vid, then most anything you post - will be pulled to bits, as you will see in the below, ten min vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIxjojgbsj8&feature=player_embedded

original source with full transcript for those who cant watch vids:

http://ancientaliens...zekiels-wheels/

Edited by seeder

Dream on contenders, I'm still in the ring..

rocky1.png

Ever see Ali with blood on his face and black eyes? NO! Know why? He put the time in to train/learn and refine himself, so take a leaf from his book, learn to do the leg work before you try the dancing

post-135078-0-38558500-1358936712_thumb.

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

religion as you quoting biblical sayings like "Im not from this world"

Anyway, one of the things I always found odd about the Godfrey case, is - his alleged alien abductors had a black dog with them! called 'Fido'. Guess the aliens 'had' to bring their dog if they wouldn't be home for a day or two to let him out for poopies.. kinda makes sense doesn't it? But it doesn't quite fit under the 'ancient alien theory is true' title of this thread does it?

Edited by seeder

Seriously, Crikey... You are applying aliens to the stories and finding places it fits, and using those as evidence, which is flimsy.

The language is faulty, and has been re-written too many times for any actual facts to make it through.The bible is an absolute atrocity of poor wording via translation upon translation upon translation, and we can really learn nothing concrete scientifically about anything in that book.

Why people cite the bible for evidence of ancient aliens baffles me.

Edd: here is what I was looking for.

UFOs in old art,...?

http://www.sprezzatu...e_UFO_1_eng.htm

http://www.sprezzatu...e_UFO_2_eng.htm

http://www.sprezzatu...e_UFO_5_eng.htm

Edited by Hazzard

I would like to know if Crikey believes in religion 'at all'. Whether that be Christian catholic or other. If so, OK fine.

But if not, why the heck quote from the bible if you have no faith to start with? Or is it just a case of any source will do so long as it supports my cause?

Edited by seeder

Seriously, Crikey... You are applying aliens to the stories and finding places it fits, and using those as evidence, which is flimsy...

Muchachos, muchachos, you're so old-fashioned in your thinking!

Here, chew on this from a modern scientist (repeat SCIENTIST)-

"Ezekiel's account was one of several encounters with ancient astronauts" - Josef F. Blumrich, Chief of the Systems Layout Branch at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Centre and development designer of the Saturn V booster and Skylab

http://www.earthport...ip/ezekiel.html

Edited by Crikey

I would like to know if Crikey believes in religion 'at all'. Whether that be Christian catholic or other. If so, OK fine.

But if not, why the heck quote from the bible if you have no faith to start with? Or is it just a case of any source will do so long as it supports my cause?

I'm non-denominational and wouldn't label myself a Christian, it's just that I modestly claim to know a" little bit" about the Bible. (insert smug emoticon here)

As for Organised Religion, let's not go into my views on it because a mod has already deleted the word "stupid" which I used against O.R. in another thread, so it's a waste of time giving you my views in full if they're only going to get censored out!

As for what Org Religionists think of me, this message I get from them when trying to log back into their websites and forums speaks volumes-

"Your account has been disabled, please do not make any attempt to participate further in any of our Communities"

Jesus had the same problem with the fundies of his day-

"The prostitutes are entering God's kingdom ahead of you, you think you look good in your fancy robes but inside you're full of filth and corruption!" (Matt 21:32/Matt 23:27)

"You're full of sh**!"

Jesus-v-snoots.gif

Edited by Crikey

Anyway, one of the things I always found odd about the Godfrey case, is - his alleged alien abductors had a black dog with them! called 'Fido'. Guess the aliens 'had' to bring their dog if they wouldn't be home for a day or two to let him out for poopies..

Congratulations mate, that was almost funny..:)

But the dog only cropped up during hypnotic regression, and as HR is notoriously unreliable we shouldn't attach too much importance to it.

Incidentally Godfrey got into hot water with his superiors after filing his report and they ordered him to see a shrink who found him to be "psychologically fit and healthy"

http://www.ufocasebook.com/godfreyabduction.html

"Ezekiel's account was one of several encounters with ancient astronauts" - Josef F. Blumrich, Chief of the Systems Layout Branch at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Centre and development designer of the Saturn V booster and Skylab

CHECK YOUR SOURCES!! (another zoser?) Do a 1-min Google on any name before you quote it please...to save me having to do if for you. Because....

Criticism

Ronald Story in his book Guardians of the Universe? (1980)[13] stated "Blumrich doctors up his Biblical quotes just a smidgen to make them conform a little better to his spaceship interpretation", and "The Spaceships of Ezekiel, in all honesty, can only be described as an extreme form of rationalisation, with a good supply of technical jargon, charts, and diagrams, carefully designed to impress the general reader. The book does contain a good collection of impressive drawings which prove nothing more than that whoever prepared them is a good draughtsman."

click this link

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Josef+F.+Blumrich

Edited by seeder

I have a book written by Josef F. Blumrich :

Kasskara und Die sieben Welten -

Weißer Bär erzählt den Erd-mythos der Hopi-Indianer

(Kasskara and the Seven Worlds -

White Bear tells about the Earth mythos of the Hopi Indians.)

It's almost like reading a book written by an Erich Von Däniken, but with lots less intentional lies.

++

EDIT

A scan of some pages of that book:

Kasskara-Blumrich.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Blumrich was not a liar, but he had a HUGE imagination

I kind of liked his ideas, but his ideas were based on mis-interpretations and a wrong understanding of scientific facts.

Believe me, I know that sounds kind of arrogant from some anonymous internet dork like me.

I liked Blumrich, I never liked Von Däniken.

Blumrich truly believed in what he published, Von Däniken did his best to fabricate 'proof' for his - ahem - theories.

Von Däniken even admitted he had lied, and his only excuse was that it would attract attention to his idea that aliens visited Earth in ancient times.

How desperate can one be, eh?

Edited by Abramelin

Zoser92_zps2c4638f3.jpg

Three places where similar precision megalithic architecture are known to exist all lie on a straight line. How true is this? What could the significance of this be?

This is in a very good you tube documentary:

Ancient Pyramids and Megaliths

Check it out. Not the Ancient Alien team. Be warned; the archaeological community does not get a very favourable review.

Zoser92_zps2c4638f3.jpg

Three places where similar precision megalithic architecture are known to exist all lie on a straight line. How true is this? What could the significance of this be?

This is in a very good you tube documentary:

Ancient Pyramids and Megaliths

Check it out. Not the Ancient Alien team. Be warned; the archaeological community does not get a very favourable review.

You connect dots that are millenia apart.

What does that prove? That people had similar ideas?

Great.

• Like 1