Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

Who is going to want to drag a diamond cutting tool out to Ollyantaytambo to vandalise an ancient relic?

By all means try LV.

I'll be back later.

That's an argument from personal incredulity.

• Like 2

i would like to know myself, though; it should be a reasonable question to ask, shouldn't it? How easy would it be to cut Granite in this fashion? is this likely to have been done during Stone Age times*, or more recently? Would it need out-of-this-World technology to do so?

* i.e. by the Incas

Sounds very much like you have conceded.

As I said no skeptic argument can cope with that cut.

I am not your biggest nightmare. I never was. Here is your biggest nightmare:

brien_foerster.jpg

And all he did was visit hundreds of sites in Peru and make people aware of what was there.

No advanced science needed.

Just common sense.

Ancient Egyptian Stoneworking Tools and Methods

basalt_pavement.jpg

Fig. 4. Saw marks on a basalt paving stone near the east side of the Great Pyramid (approximate height 50 cm)

copper_slabbing_saw_dry_sand_abrasive_experiment.jpg

results_of_slabbing_saw_experiments.jpg

These experiments demonstrate that the ancient Egyptians could have, using simple technology and the material available to them during their history, worked rocks with copper, bronze, and iron saws. It would be expected that for soft stones like limestone it was routinely used. In the case of hardrocks like granite, the expense incurred by the loss of copper during the cutting process (less with bronze and iron) would restricted it to royal monuments, for usage where other tools would not suffice (Arnold 1991).

http://www.oocities.org/unforbidden_geology/ancient_egyptian_copper_slabbing_saws.html

• Like 3

i would like to know myself, though; it should be a reasonable question to ask, shouldn't it? How easy would it be to cut Granite in this fashion? is this likely to have been done during Stone Age times*, or more recently? Would it need out-of-this-World technology to do so?

I'm afraid so. It's one thing to bash granite with some other stone and chip bits off, it's quite another to produce a thin cut of that length and depth.

Neither am I convinced that it was wire. The thickess of the cut does not look consistent over the entire length if you watch the video clip carefully.

How it was done is a mystery but there is no simple explanation.

Don't forget that there are many examples of is in Egypt and Peru. This particular example however is by far the most striking.

I would post the other examples of high precision cuts but I have to go out now.

May not be able to post for a while.

These experiments demonstrate that the ancient Egyptians could have, using simple technology and the material available to them during their history, worked rocks with copper, bronze, and iron saws. It would be expected that for soft stones like limestone it was routinely used. In the case of hardrocks like granite, the expense incurred by the loss of copper during the cutting process (less with bronze and iron) would restricted it to royal monuments, for usage where other tools would not suffice (Arnold 1991).

http://www.oocities.org/unforbidden_geology/ancient_egyptian_copper_slabbing_saws.html

Brave try Abe as usual.

Doesn't in any way explain how the cut at Ollyantaytambo was done.

No such blades ever found!

The shear depth of the whole block would use far too much copper. Just like Mr O's copper tube theory. The copper usage rate was 50 percent greater than the hole depth! For ever 6cm of copper it used 9cm of copper.

Copper to cut granite on that scale is a non starter.

Keep trying though.

Edited by zoser

Brave try Abe as usual.

Doesn't in any way explain how the cut at Ollyantaytambo was done.

We still have Ancient high tech.

Brave try indeed, but at least based on real experiments, not on on the simplistic and ignorant guesses by some tourist guide.

basalt_pavement.jpg

Then apparently the Egyptians with their primitive tools were equals of the AA with their 'advanced technology'.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

Someone could show a sketch of such a channel being cut with a length of pork sausage too, and I suppose that would be sufficient 'proof' for many here.

Alas, actual photos or video of a channel being cut in basalt with hand-hammered copper would be better, though.

• Like 1

A saw? Surely the Aliens didn't need to use saws. They used laser, or stone softhening, technology, didn't they. A Saw is surely way too bit crude for them. It must have have been crude primitive Humans.

Spot on LV :tu:

Brave try indeed, but at least based on real experiments, not on on the simplistic and ignorant guesses by some tourist guide.

Then apparently the Egyptians with their primitive tools were equals of the AA with their 'advanced technology'.

You cannot cut granite on that scale using copper.

Have another look ath the video clip.

The depth narrows in places precluding a saw or wire.

It fails Abe.

Edited by zoser

That's right. You got it. A high tech sonic cutter.

Evidence of Ancient Aliens. Hypothesis of thread proven in this clip.

:tu:

Proven is it? OK better email Brien and get him to inform the government - who may want to close the place down and get their teams in.

At last we can talk about another subject if this ones proven

Someone could show a sketch of such a channel being cut with a length of pork sausage too, and I suppose that would be sufficient 'proof' for many here.

Alas, actual photos or video of a channel being cut in basalt with hand-hammered copper would be better, though.

I'd like to see avideo of an 'ancient alien' at work too.

• Like 1

I have an idea, lets all ignore this thread/nonsense and see if poor zoser will implode in on his own ignorance.

sounds like a plan! Who else wants in?

You cannot cut granite on that scale using copper.

Have another look ath the video clip.

The depth narrows in places precluding a saw or wire.

It fails Abe.

Apparently - as usual - you didn't read my post properly.

Any theory has to be valid. Copper and granite does not work.

The thickness of the cut varies.

Has to be ancient high tech.

The shear depth of the whole block would use far too much copper. Just like Mr O's copper tube theory. The copper usage rate was 50 percent greater than the hole depth! For ever 6cm of copper it used 9cm of copper.

Copper to cut granite on that scale is a non starter.

Keep trying though.

In the case of hardrocks like granite, the expense incurred by the loss of copper during the cutting process (less with bronze and iron) would restricted it to royal monuments, for usage where other tools would not suffice (Arnold 1991).

sounds like a plan! Who else wants in?

Whatever you want seeder.

It doesn't change the fact that no copper tool could make that cut through abrasion.

And you all know it.

Lol...how about a sketch?

Lol, shall I send you a pair of glasses??

Oh, you mean a sketch depicting those AA working stone?

And all he did was visit hundreds of sites in Peru and make people aware of what was there.

Better men than he have visited too, with much more archeo knowledge than him.... you know, professional people. Not given to flights of fancy and letting imagination run away with themselves. Aliens needed to saw rocks indeed. Maybe the lazers run out of batteries, seeing as the pyramids were down and not giving off enough charge to replenish their lazers, they went back to doing things the hard way.

Much the way they built half of ancient Greece and Rome.

Long before

Edited by seeder

Any theory has to be valid. Copper and granite does not work.

The thickness of the cut varies.

Has to be ancient high tech.

Plus read Abe's post for yourself.

It says that the copper usage rate is too high.

But then we already knew that didn't we?

No such blades ever found!

If that is your main argument against the result of those experiments, then I ask you to show me some AA tools.

Plus read Abe's post for yourself.

It says that the copper usage rate is too high.

But then we already knew that didn't we?

In the case of hardrocks like granite, the expense incurred by the loss of copper during the cutting process (less with bronze and iron) would restricted it to royal monuments, for usage where other tools would not suffice (Arnold 1991).

"One of our successes: Denys Stocks measures the cut made over 10 days by a copper saw, just what the ancient Egyptians likely used"

990325n02.jpeg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

The debates over.

There is nothing, you, Seeder, Abe. Mr O , Dingo. Harte, LV, Myles, The Searcher, DBunker, and Uncle Tom Cobbly and all could dream up to explain that cut.

That's a cut using high technology.

It's not a natural fault; the face of the stone is far too flat all they way down.

It's granite and it's been cut deliberately. The images even show where the cut stopped. Nothing the Inca had or stone age tribes had could do that.

Hypothesis proved.

I'm open to explanations to the contrary but philosophy from Hazz won't work.

It's over.

With what did they cut it, dear zoser, dear zoser? Perhaps you'll recall the discussion of grit saws back when this thread was still in double digits?

You can't rule out modern intervention either. You can belittle it but you can't rule it out.

As to the flatness of natural joints...

ECDELLS.jpg

jointsA.jpg

4921437641_366773aa31_z.jpg

JointsMcCormicksCreek.jpeg

• Like 1

"Petrie did not take into account that you do not need a material harder than the one you are cutting. While today we are using diamond studded saws and drill bits to work hard rock, sand used as an abrasive which gets imbedded in soft copper tools, may be less efficient, but works as well [8]. According to Denys A. Stocks when drilling or cutting hard stone, diorite, granite or the like, for every three millimetres of depth cut one should expect to lose one millimetre of the copper tool. For soft stone such as calcite or limestone the ratio is much more favourable, estimated to be greater than one hundred to one.

But not everybody is satisfied with this theory. C.Dunn [15], relying on the work done by Petrie and his own expertise as an engineer, thinks that any kind of copper is far too soft for dealing with granite (which of course it is - on its own). He proposes that

The application of ultrasonic machining is the only method that completely satisfies logic, from a technical viewpoint, and explains all noted phenomena. Ultrasonic machining is the oscillatory motion of a tool that chips away material, like a jackhammer chipping away at a piece of concrete pavement, except much faster and not as measurable in its reciprocation. The ultrasonic tool-bit, vibrating at 19,000 to 25,000 cycles per second (Hertz) has found unique application in the precision machining of odd-shaped holes in hard, brittle material such as hardened steels, carbides, ceramics and semiconductors. An abrasive slurry or paste is used to accelerate the cutting action. [4]

Unfortunately for Dunn's theory, the only tools ever found that can be dated to the Old Kingdom, are a few copper chisels and hammerstones. So apart from the tool marks [2] left in the stone nothing factual [6] even remotely supports Dunn's theories [7]; and these marks are explained by orthodox Egyptology without recourse to energies or materials the availability of which cannot be proven. If Old Kingdom Egyptians had extraordinary tools and methods for working hard stone, this knowledge (and with it every trace of the tools or power sources) was lost during the turmoil of the First Intermediate Period, but the production of stone vessels continued well into the Roman Period, a highly unlikely scenario.

The Egyptians went from copper to bronze and then - during the first millennium BCE - iron tools, inventing many of them by themselves. Marks left on limestone by claw chisels, which had been thought to be an invention of Greek masons working marble, were found in a 7th century tomb.

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/timelines/topics/stonework.htm

I don't blame zoser for getting excited , that is an impressive cut in the stone that is , conventional saws would get stuck more often than not that deep in the stone