Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

Zoser (or anyone supporting the AA story), you have an explanation for how they built that thing?

A block of stone weighing almost 300 tons... as a roof.

Immediately when I see this sort of thing I don't get the same sort of feeling of mystery. The same precision isn't there for a start, and it doesn't compare in any way to the heights involved with say the GP.

My guess is shear mass of man and horsepower; but it's a much smaller scale mystery.

No one is going to express a deep sense of awe at a one off construction. The ancients were manipulating dozens of blocks like this at the same site, and probably much more accurately cut.

Edited by zoser

[/font][/color][/size]

How about we decide to conclude what the author of the text you quoted concluded?

Source: your own reference.

Harte

All the same it wasn't exactly a convincing test was it? Pretty much a failure as far as I can make out.

Here's one thing I've seen for myself when I was in Bosnia, the pyramid that is 25-30,000 years old. No civilization capable of building pyramids existed on earth at that time, at least as far as we know. In reality, there is so much that we don't know, but at some point all these atypical anomalies we keep finding are going to add up to a typical something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ukiLiJIeYo8

Try here instead (page 113):

http://books.google....be drill&f=true

Those little numbers are footnotes in the complete text to the original reports whose absence has you so worried. Note too the reference to in situ sockets I omitted.

Seriously? Where are the all the advanced machines that are supposed to've been in use? No evidence exists of even the capacity to create one unlike copper and bronze, of which innumerable examples have been found. And then there's the traces of verdigris found in some of these holes. But more on that later.

A simple tube is not contructionally equivalent to an ultrasonic drill. Attempting to infer that such a thing was beyond their abilities only serves to weaken your argument.

And there's where your drills went. And here's your sign.

Very convenient though I must say. No drills remain because they were all ground into dust. Classic.

Many questions indeed. And these bring up questions of their own, Such as exactly how many holes have actually been found in granite specifically and to what depth? And so many variables. What difference would it make if bronze were used? What if the abrasives were adhered to the tube as in most such tools?

Puma Punku is one of the best examples as far as I can tell. Hundreds of holes. Many of them very small diameter but some very large. Exact numbers unknown.

However, this continues to dance around the main point again that Stocks produced actual results, and in-arguably demonstrated the feasibility of the method.

The test was a failure. The hole depth of 6 cm achieved proved nothing other than an acceptable copper loss. I don't possibly see how you can claim this?

I conclude that all but the last sentence doesn't exactly help your case, and that for the last, the same arguements for copper apply.

I have seen reports of primitive living enthusiasts drilling holes in granite using cane so a question arises as to the efficiency of Stocks' chosen technique.

But unless it can be properly supported it's just more archaeological speculation. As vague as the AA hypothesis that you reject so vehemently.

See above, although it should be pointed out that they had access to several native species of bamboo, (from the same source as the timber that's a lot closer than claimed.) which the chinese have successfully used for drilling hard stones like jade for thousands of years, so they must know something Stocks doesn't.

Proof of concept trumps speculation every time.

This concept is proved? Really? How? On this extremely weak evidence?

He has done no such thing, as to date, to my knowledge he has only examined one mark on one core (With string. How's that for, paltry analysis?) and did we not establish above that one example is insufficient evidence? Well, one of us did anyway.

You cannot offer this weak test as 'proof of concept'. Anyone trying to simulate the same conditions would only run up against the same difficulties. The case is proven.

The core Dunn analysed showed typical cutting marks seen in other samples.

Ditto. Only the names have changed, and it's not the innocent that are being protected.

The Truth? I think it's safe to say that you literally can't handle the truth.

If I can see evidence I will acknowledge it. All I see is half baked ideas that have somehow become established historical fact with very little supporting basis. This is assumption at best, cover up and denial at worst.

Edited by zoser

Here's one thing I've seen for myself when I was in Bosnia, the pyramid that is 25-30,000 years old. No civilization capable of building pyramids existed on earth at that time, at least as far as we know. In reality, there is so much that we don't know, but at some point all these atypical anomalies we keep finding are going to add up to a typical something.

Very nice MacG. More heretical evidence that many archaeologists wish could be erased no doubt.

• Like 1

Very nice MacG. More heretical evidence that many archaeologists wish could be erased no doubt.

More poor science and misrepresentation that is destroying actual historic sites that should be eraser.

The type of dating you're talking about can tell when the last time was that the sun shone on an object, not how old it is, usually.

Okay so for example they took samples from foundations in the case of Greek pyramid?

What do you say about OSL dating. This is from wiki:

In 1994, the principles behind Optical dating (and thermoluminescence dating) were extended to include surfaces last seen by the sun before buried, of carved rock types from ancient monuments and artifacts, made of granite, basalt and sandstone, and this has proved possible. The initiator of ancient buildings luminescence dating Prof. Ioannis Liritzis has shown this in several cases of various monuments.

Are you aware of any TL and OSL dating on Great Pyramid, Gobekli Tepe, Sphinx? We could easly took examples of granite inside pyramid. Or dark side . inner parts of blocks. Rightnow nothing falls on my mind how would they date Sphinx but Im sure there is a way. Maybe remove some bricks from repairing part then took samples. Or dating foundations from temples which we know that they built from stone around Sphinx.

Edited by the L

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ukiLiJIeYo8[/media]

I have been in Bosnia countless time. Few time in Visoko where is so called pyramid. Just because Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia and Herzegovinia is near.

Osmanagich is charlatan. There is none evidence of pyramid there whatsoever. There is none artifact found. Tunnels in mountain are either natural due runing water or artifical due mining. Bosnia IS well known for different kinds of ores and mines. Its land of mines. From Gold mines, Oil fields, salt mines. Romans, Ottomans, Illyrians, Vinča, Austria Hungary, Croats, Serbs, Bosniaks were diging in Bosnia. And many others. Trust me on this. I would be very happy if we found pyramid in Bosnia but there is no such thing.

Osmanagich connected so called pyramid with city Daorson. Which is proven to be Illyrian megalithic site. By doing so now common people who have mind think that Daorson is hoax too. Now thats Osmanagich hands work. Also we found in Bosnia small granite balls. Granite do not show in nature in ball form. By connecting so called pyramid with granite balls he again made big mistake so now no one realy investigate those balls. Now thats only thing that Osmanagich achived. He created turmoil in research with invented informations about so called pyramids, granite balls and Illyrians sites. Furthermore this charlatan connected Bogomils statues with mysterious civilization. Bogomils were sect in Bosnia which were mostly Croats and Serbs. By the time Ottomans came in Bosnia there was 700 000 Chatolics/Croats, 30 000 Orthodox/Serbs, 20 000 Bogomils/Croats and Serbs. Bogomils are not mystery at all. Science now all about their Stećaks. Those are fine carved tomb stones. Bosnia is full of them. Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro also have them. Personally I adore Stećak tomb stones but they are from middle ages. Osmanagich simply doesnt understand concept of time. Everything he found in Bosnia is mysterious civlization origins. He ignores crucial historical facts.

Also Osmanagich connects so called pyramid with tilts, round iron rings, on top of mountains on which this mysterious civilization tied their ships when sea was so high to cover all land except peaks of mounatins. Do I need to say more?

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

Was the Puma deliberate or just a coincidence I wonder?

Personally its new to me. But I like idea that they tried to built walls with decorating shapes hidden in walls. That could explain some complex blocks.

Also would be trilling to try solving puzzles what they tried to illustrated.

Edited by the L

well there has to be some sort of connection with aliens and our ancient history, the indians or hindus have been the longest religion around more than over 6000 years and its been proven yet our timeline is running when jesus was born over 2000 years ago. the stories in indias history show pictures of men in flying rocks or carpet or machine that basically indicate they were flying in the sky before planes were even thought of and that the god krishna was fighting monsters in the sky that were shooting lasers and ****. there is so much that is hidden and still unknown and to say that there is no aliens or that they have nothing to do with us or there not real is really ignorant. we have sightings and crop circles made all the time every year so obviously somethings going on but what? and why? we dont know whats real or not anymore but finding proof helps

Immediately when I see this sort of thing I don't get the same sort of feeling of mystery. The same precision isn't there for a start, and it doesn't compare in any way to the heights involved with say the GP.

My guess is shear mass of man and horsepower; but it's a much smaller scale mystery.

No one is going to express a deep sense of awe at a one off construction. The ancients were manipulating dozens of blocks like this at the same site, and probably much more accurately cut.

And according to Garcilaso de la Vega that is what the Incas used...lots of manpower, lots of sweat..

Smaller scale mystery, maybe, but the thing is there staring in your eyes. And no one really knows how they lifted the thing up to put it in its place.

And how do you know it hasn't the same precision?

Edited by Abramelin

and that proves aliens and not the majesty of the human imagination how?

I'm not sure it does; other things definitely do however such as precision megalithic architecture. That's the real smoking gun.

And according to Garcilaso de la Vega that is what the Incas used...lots of manpower, lots of sweat..

Well that may well be what the Inca did. The point is that the Inca did not build PP or any of the other megalithic sites did they? Or to put it another way, they evidence says that thy didn't.

Smaller scale mystery, maybe, but the thing is there staring in your eyes. And no one really knows how they lifted the thing up to put it in its place.

The awe that people experience when looking at AE, PP or other ancient relics is in the shear scale of the precision.

And how do you know it hasn't the same precision?

I haven't studied that particular building in detail.

However even in that relatively low resolution picture the gaps between the blocks are visible.

What I do know is that high precision was not a phenomena that was repeated after ancient times. The technology disappeared. If it hadn't it would still be being done on that scale. It's a simple argument. Someone somewhere around the world would have replicated it. It never happened.

Edited by zoser

Hmm.

On Sacsayhuaman according to Garcilaso de la Vega:

"It seems as if they were built by some form of magic. A work carried out by demons rather than mortal men......."

It would appear that Mr de La Vega was perhaps a little inconsistent with his sentiment?

at 11:20

ANCIENT ALIENS IN PERU - Directors Double Feature

Edited by zoser

i was miself big deffender of ancient aliens theory but after this video , i got less shure about it :

Ancient Aliens Debunked - (full movie) HD

• Like 1

Hmm.

On Sacsayhuaman according to Garcilaso de la Vega:

"It seems as if they were built by some form of magic. A work carried out by demons rather than mortal men......."

It would appear that Mr de La Vega was perhaps a little inconsistent with his sentiment?

at 11:20

ANCIENT ALIENS IN PERU - Directors Double Feature

In the Dutch translation of his book I read what I said: hard work.

But the result would seem like the work of demons or the result of magic, yes.

You found an English translation of his book?

• Like 1

Well that may well be what the Inca did. The point is that the Inca did not build PP or any of the other megalithic sites did they? Or to put it another way, they evidence says that thy didn't.

The awe that people experience when looking at AE, PP or other ancient relics is in the shear scale of the precision.

I haven't studied that particular building in detail.

However even in that relatively low resolution picture the gaps between the blocks are visible.

What I do know is that high precision was not a phenomena that was repeated after ancient times. The technology disappeared. If it hadn't it would still be being done on that scale. It's a simple argument. Someone somewhere around the world would have replicated it. It never happened.

The technology didn't disappear. I think it was in this thread that I posted about a Imperial Temple in Tokyo, Japan. If you watch those walls, it's like Incas made them.

It was in another thread, in the Alternative Histories forum:

Those walls ^^ look impressive, but I view the Inca's as more so. The ones pictured above look somewhat simplified, in that all the mating surfaces seem to be straight.

In the Dutch translation of his book I read what I said: hard work.

But the result would seem like the work of demons or the result of magic, yes.

You found an English translation of his book?

No it's on the clip posted earlier; a verbatim quote apparently.

Later on at 38:00 it mentions how de la Vega wrote in his chronicles about the monuments being erected before the Inca during a period he refers to as 'the first age'.

Edited by zoser

The technology didn't disappear. I think it was in this thread that I posted about a Imperial Temple in Tokyo, Japan. If you watch those walls, it's like Incas made them.

Do we have firm evidence as to the date of this Japanese wall?

The reason for asking is if you watch the video at 34:50 (no need to watch the whole clip) it shows a part of the wall at Ollyantaytambo that has been repaired.

The repair has been carried out using much shoddier workmanship with tolerances in inches not thousandths of an inch.

Yet again we see what looks to me very much like later Inca work on top of or extending something more ancient. If the Inca performed the original work, why not repair it to original tolerances if their mastery of precision megalithic stonework was that high?

This can also be seen when comparing the known Inca fortification of Puka Pukara with nearby Cuzco.

puka_pukara_cusco_04.jpg

Edited by zoser

Those walls ^^ look impressive, but I view the Inca's as more so. The ones pictured above look somewhat simplified, in that all the mating surfaces seem to be straight.

That rather looks as if it was chucked together with whatever size & shape blocks came to hand. The Incas* did do it neater, I'll give them that.

* or the Aliens