Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A last hurrah and yet a hello

shanlung

Welcome to UM Shanlung, I'm so sorry for your loss. Do you mean Phillip Little was the man behind the jingle/commercial used by Singapore Airlines? I am not aware of any other reference to "Singapore Girl" in my part of the world so I am curious.

He appears to have been a man who led an exuberant and full life, that is a blessing at least, but still a life cut short and very sad in that.

Edited by libstaK

Hello there shanlung. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. You have some beautiful photos in your blog, very interesting too. Welcome to UM :)

Huān yíng, Mountain Dragon. My condolences on your loss.

I have visited Batu Pahat a few times many years ago. Nice to meet you.

Thank you , my new friends.

libstaK, Phillip was the man behind the advertisement for Singapore Air Lines in 1980s. 90s.

He then decided being a beach bum was more satisfying in his soul even if not so good for the bank.

I was thinking which other of the blog I had been writing I should put for my intro.

Problem is that they were written not really for the kind of world of your forum.

That said, my life style and what I have done were out-of-the-world for the birdie world and kittie world.

I think you agree taking your parrot out for rides on motorbike would be screamed at in parrot forums.

I was banned from a few of them. I think it was their loss and not my.

30254468_f1717edc20_z.jpg

You probably seen in the pets photos that my kittie joined us on the mountains of Sultanate of Oman and in the tide pools off Indian Ocean.

That was screamed at in kittie forums and I was banned from at least one of them.

Those were in my past chapter of life.

At least the last hurrah was recent. And with some interestering shots of Taoist Temple of Wealth. I guess no one can mistake the God of Wealth being lofted high on the traditional Chinese ingot of gold. Nice to know Ealdwita being to Batu Pahat a few times and might even know of the places I wrote of Batu Pahat. And if Ealdwita being to Taiwan too, he had been to Paradise on Earth.

I am a Taoist. How I became a Taoist might well be the main reason why I am here.

Where I probably met with a Taoist Immortal on a rainy road one day in Taiwan.

Unluckily, he was not associated with the God of Wealth and I do not have a Gulfsteam and a fleet of RR and Maseratis. But then, if I have that, I probably not have time for this forum and not gone to know the nice folks here.

Edited by shanlung

It's many years since my visit to Batu Pahat, Dragon and my memory isn't what it should be. I do remember visiting the old Well at Minyak Beku though. I never got to visit Taiwan sadly, so the closest I ever got to 'Paradise on Earth' was probably Singapore. (I so miss that place!)

Thank you for confirming for me Shanlung. That is one beautiful commercial and concept and all I can claim to know of your dear friend but enough to say it is a great loss.

i love your parrot :)

ealdwita,

To each their own. As an expat, Singapore might seem like paradise for you.

The rules are different for you there.

For those unfortunate to born with a Singapore passport, it is a Gulag to be feared.

I was working and living in mainland China, and Beijing will be like a beacon of freedom and human rights when compared to Singapore.

libstaK,

All of us must go when our number is called.

It then matters not at all if you have been a Tsar of finance and commerce or a beach bum.

And friends, I posted the main reason why I came to this site.

That's Fragments of earlier memories of Taiwan

And in this thread here

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=237998

I am still trying to come to terms with that.

Perhaps I never can.

But your comments may help me to shed light on what happened.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry about the loss of your friend. I love the African Grey.