Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bubba

markdohle

Bubba

When you are 'older', a tad overweight, and bald on top, long beard and a pony tail, well you know the saying, we all look alike. There are a couple of men here in Conyers who seem to look just like me, or enough to be mistaken for them. One is named "bubba", not an uncommon name in Georgia and I think he is a carpenter; the other man is named John and a motorcycle fixer upper. It kind of makes me nervous at times. You never know, one of them could be my evil twin. One day I was coming out of Wal-Mart, and this lady runs up to me and gives me a hug and says: "Bubba where have you been, have not seen you in weeks". Then she saw that my eyes were blue and got red and said she was so sorry, but insisted I looked just like "Bubba". I kept looking for the candid camera crew to pop out. With John I have also been approached a couple of time. One time was not too pleasant. I think John owed someone some money. So now when I am in town, and I see someone approaching me with that look of finding a long lost friend, or someone who may owe them money, I raise my had, give them my best smile and say: “I am not a carpenter and I don't fix motor bikes and my name is not John or Bubba". That stops them in their tracks and they say sorry and continue on their way. This had not happened for a few years, and then last week someone approached me about me fixing their bike again. After I explained that I had the mechanical ability of a rat on cocaine, he laughed and went on his way. Yeah, we all look alike, makes me feel part of something greater than myself that can bite.

• Like 2

And here's me thinking you were one of a kind! Only kidding Mark, it's an interesting story. Thank you for the read, as always :)

• Like 1

And here's me thinking you were one of a kind! Only kidding Mark, it's an interesting story. Thank you for the read, as always :)

LOL, nah lots like me ;-).

peace

mark

• Like 1