Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I am contemplating becoming a mason.

White Crane Feather

It's against forum rules to troll, Ryleh. If you don't like my opinion, thats fair enough, but you don't need to try to undermine me. Understand?... Can we be sensible adults?

Anyway, for anybody interested, here are some passages from the book "When Pigs Move In" by Don Dickerman, on Freemasonry. The speak mostly about penaltys and punishment for exposing their practices.

-- These are Don's words, not mine.

Humbly, I ask the Moderator's to leave this post as is. Granted, it gets graphic towards the end, but I believe this post could be very educational for those who are interested in Freemasonry, or the occult. Peace.

Don: "I don't condemn people who are Masons. I have many friends who made the choice to join. I do believe they made a choice out of ignorance. Most of them tell me "Aw, I never go. I just joined because someone asked me to and I thought it was an honor to be considered." Others say, "I thought it might help me in my business ventures and associations."

"I would like to see every believer free. I don't think folks who get involved in these occult organizations realize what they are doing, nor do they understand what curses they may have brought on their family and future generations. Selwyn Stevens of Jubilee Ministries in New Zealand has gathered some valuable information to help free people from the curse of Freemasonry. I share this with you and encourage you to prayerfully read through it. Let the Holy Spirit give you direction."

Information about various Degrees and Oaths taken:

Thirty-Third and Supreme Degree:

"The Thirty-Third and Supreme Degree of Masonry has secret passwords, and these words show up as demonic powers during a deliverence session. This ungodly oath includes calling Lucifer the great architect of the universe and refers to him as the universal fatherhood of God. This degree includes the cable tow around the neck, the death wish that the wine drunk from a Human skull should turn to poison, and the skeleton whose cold arms are invited if the oath of this degree is violated.

This degree also involves greed and witchcraft in the attempt to manipulate and control the rest of mankind. Also introduced in this degree are the three infamous assassins of their grand master: law, property, and religion."

Blue Lodge:

Every oath of Masonry invites unclean spirits and often brings curses upon future generations. The Blue Lodge oath involves the first or entered apprentice degree and especially affects the throat and tongue. Involved is the "Hoodwink Blindfold" and it effects the spirit, emotions, and eyes including confusion, fear of the dark, fear of the light, and fear of sudden noises. Results are often the blinding of spiritual truth, darkness of the soul, false imagination, condescension, and the spirit of poverty, that can be caused by the ritual of this degree.

There is the "usurping of the marriage" covenant by the removal of the wedding ring, the invoking of the secret word "Boaz" - the serpent clasp on the apron, the spirit of the python, which is brought to squeeze out all spiritual life, the ancient Pagan teaching from Babylon and Egypt, and the symbolism of the first tracing board. There is the mixing and mingling of truth and error. Mythology, fabrications, and lies taught as truth. The dishonesty by leaders as to the true understanding of the ritual, and the blasphemy of this degree of Freemasonry. Also included in Blue Lodge oaths is the presentation of the compass.

There is also the cable tow noose around the neck, resulting often in the fear of choking and possibly causing asthma, hay fever, emphysema, or any other breathing difficulty. There is the ritual dagger, or the compass point, sword or spear held against the breast, causing the fear of death by stabbing pain, the fear of heart attack from this degree, and the absolute secrecy demanded under a witchcraft oath and sealed by kissing the Volume of the Sacred Law. Included also is the kneeling to the false deity known as the "Great Architect of the Universe" revealed as Lucifer. Results often brings curses of the throat, vocal chords, nasal passages, sinuses, bronchial tubes, and the like. I have dealt with virtually all of these symptoms in deliverance sessions with folks who have Masonry in their ancestry."

Second or Fellow Craft Degree of Masonry:

"This includes the curses on the heart and chest, the ancient Pagan teaching and symbolism of the second tracing board, and the sign of reverence to the generative principle. Resultant issues are often emotional hardness, apathy, indifference, unbelief, and deep anger. The chest, lungs, and heart areas many times are healed when this is denounced."

Third or Master Mason Degree:

"The curses here show up in the stomach and womb area. The ancient Pagan teaching and symbols of the third tracing board are used in this ritual. Blows to the head enacted as ritual murder are known to result in the fear of death, false martyrdom, fear of violent gang attack, assault, rape, and helplessness, the falling into the coffin or stretcher involved in the ritual of murder. Hiram Abiff is introduced as the savior of Freemasonry. The stomach, gallbladder, womb, liver, and any other organs of the body can be affected by Masonry.

The demonic spirits of Tubal Cain and Maha Bone have shown up in many deliverance sessions I have directed. They are high-ranking Masonry territorial spirits. In a recent deliverance, demons who were present by permission of Freemasonry in the ancestry began to cry for help. The candidate said "I am hearing "Maha, Maha" over and over. I hear it like a cry for help.

There is the Pagan ritual of the "Point within a Circle," with all it's bondages and phallus worship. The symbol "G" and it's veiled Pagan symbolism and bondages, the occult mysticism of the black and white mosaic checkered floor with the tessellated border and five-pointed blazing star. The symbol "G" does not represent God, as some may tell you."

The All-Seeing Third Eye of Freemasonry:

"This includes Horus in the forehead and it's Pagan and occult symbolism and the third eye and all occult ability to see into the spiritual realm. Because of the false communions taken and the mockery of the redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary, unbeleif, confusion, and depression are found as a result. This also results in fear of insanity, anguish, death wishes, suicide and death, anger, hatred, murderous thoughts, revenge, retaliation, spiritual apathy, false religion, and all unbelief, especially in God's Word."

York Rite:

"This includes the Mark Lodge and the mark in the form of squares and angles, which marks the person for life. There is the jewel or occult talisman that may have been made from this mark/sign and worn at lodge meetings. The Mark Master Degree, the penalty is having theright ear smote off, the curse of permanent deafness, and the right hand being lopped off for being an imposter.

Why is Masonry so secretive? Read very carefully the penalty of revealing their secrets as taken in vows. Past master penalty includes tongue split from tip to root, and of the most excellent master degree penalty: breast torn open and heart and vital organs removed and exposed to rot on a dung hill."

Holy Royal Arch Degree:

"This includes oaths taken and the curses involved in the Royal Arch Degree, especially the oath regarding the remonval of the head from the body and exposing the brains in the hot sun. Yes, you are reading correctly. It also includes the false secret name of "God" and worship of the false Pagan Gods Bul or Baal and On or Osiris. This degree also includes false communion or Eucharist, mockery, skepticism, and unbelief about the redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary. Many times healing of the brain and mind come when this is denounced and confessed as sin.

Just look at the curses involved in the Royal Arch Degree of the York Rite and the Select Master Degree. The penalty for telling the secrets is to have one's hands chopped off to the stumps, to have their eyes plucked out of their sockets, and to have their body quartered and thrown among the rubbish of the Temple."

"Super Excellent" Master Degree:

"It's curse is to have one's thumbs severed, eyes put out, body bound in fetters and brass, and conveyed captive to a strange land."

Knights Order of the Red Cross:

"It's curse or penalty is having their house torn down and being hanged on the exposed timbers."

Knights Templar and Knights of Malta Degrees:

"The Knights Templar & Knights of Malta degrees include vows taken on a Human skull,the crossed swords, the curse and death wish of Judas of having the head cut off and placed on top of a church spire, unholy communion, and drinking from a Human skull in many rites."

There are some more, but thats enough for now.

Seldom have I read so much BS in so short a time... ask yourself - how many times have such mutilations been reported in your local press.

You are just repeating that same Papal Bull from 1307 - which even the Roman Catholic hierarchy has apologised for - even the Pope.

• Like 7

Hi Keithisco,

I have no idea if you are a mason, but i do know that some masons align to the Egyptian stars Sirius and Alnilam, Belt of Orion, however they are not the only ones to align the stars to events in history, i can't show my disgust enough about how world history is controlled by those who believe that events must have an Alnilam or Sirius alignment. It would seem that while Israel and Gaza are blowing each other apart we had to wait for a Sirius Alignment at 21:00pm, 21st November 2012 for a peace deal to take place......why? Obviously Sirius was rising at location of Gaza, Gaza Strip at local time 21:00pm, off-set by one minute regarding orb of influence, astronomy graph link and information link are below:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-20436879

Graph below:-

http://2012forum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=6816&mode=view

I have to say in this case it wasn't a masonic alignment regarding beliefs but a Muslim alignment, the same alignment shows in Tel Aviv, so maybe a Jewish one....any comments....do you think the ceasefire will last just because it has a Sirius alignment rising along horizon at the time of event?

Insaniac, I am quite sure that my grandfather - a church-going, God fearing man - would love to know that he was actively involved in a Satanic group. :tu: Thanks for the enlightenment. :rolleyes:

Doesn't necessarily mean he was a Satanist, but some of them are. Which God does he fear, may I kindly ask?

And to the bloke who brought up the Press: The reason it's not in the press, is because it's most often kept a secret.

Take care, Lady Kasey.

Peace. ^ ^

Also, I was praying to my God about my situation with Rlyeh, about how troubled I felt over the whole situation and wanted things to be settled. I come back and everything, the argument, insults, etc, seems to be wiped clean. Thank you, God.

He does work through people to help those who are faithful to Him.

I just had to share that experience to glorify my God, Jehovah.

Edited by Insaniac

I am a mason and unless you can totally without a doubt keep secrets to yourself, don't join. There are things I would love to tell but can't. Things that would blow you away.

:whistle: I can keep those secrets to myself . . . if there were any! LOL

Freemasons are a Hermetically tinged Men's (and women now) Club.

Edited by Etu Malku

Etu Malku above leaves you with a riddle or conundrum, if you press him he will say he means a hermetic seal, being airtight in symbolism this means we keep our secrets, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_seal

But he could mean Hermeticism, don't expect him to explain symbolism, he has an oath, he will always write riddles, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermeticism

Doesn't necessarily mean he was a Satanist, but some of them are. Which God does he fear, may I kindly ask?

And to the bloke who brought up the Press: The reason it's not in the press, is because it's most often kept a secret.

Take care, Lady Kasey.

Peace. ^ ^

Also, I was praying to my God about my situation with Rlyeh, about how troubled I felt over the whole situation and wanted things to be settled. I come back and everything, the argument, insults, etc, seems to be wiped clean. Thank you, God.

He does work through people to help those who are faithful to Him.

I just had to share that experience to glorify my God, Jehovah.

There are groups of evil guys that may take in some Masons but there are crazies in every organization and church on earth.

I have to wonder why you as a God fearing person uses such a devilish avatar?

Heck, the only secrets I ever learned are some passwords and some funky hand-jive to tell if you are speaking with a Freemason... and even those aren't secret, because even with average Google-fu, you can find all of that on the interwebs.

The question was raised about what our meetings are like. We've got two types of meetings; "Stated" meetings (business meetings), and special meetings, where we do ritual-work (initiations) or other special stuff (like having a dinner for all Lodge widows, or honoring our Past Masters).

The ritual work is pretty cool - and the more you study about esoteric stuff (like the seven liberal arts and architecture and stuff), the more you understand. It got me a LOT more interested in studying about my chosen religion at the time.

A Stated Meeting is like almost any other business meeting. We open with the Pledge of Allegiance, then a non-denominational prayer, and from there it gets downright boring... the Secretary reads the minutes from past meetings and we vote on their validity, then the Treasurer reads his report and we vote on approving any new expenses and his report. Then we have New Business, Old Business and then anything for the Good of the Order. There's a welfare report about ailing Brothers, and the next meeting is discussed so it goes off more smoothly. Then we have a closing non-denominational prayer and we head to the dining room for either a meal or just snacks. Yeah - it's boring and extraordinarily unexceptional.

The only other "secrets" to which I have been privy are personal - things like when Brother Bob tells me a secret about his plans for the future and asks me to not say anything until he publicly announces his plans - stuff like that.

As for dues, some Lodges only pay nominal dues - $20-30 per year. Others are more expensive. My home Lodge is raising dues next year to $100 per year, and I know of one in NYC that has dues of $250 per year.

I've been to Lodges that had golden artifacts all over the Lodge room, and I've attended a meeting in the deserts of Iraq where our Tylers were armed with .50 caliber machine guns. I've met friends I've never seen before all over the world. I wouldn't trade this for anything.

• Like 2

A Stated Meeting is like almost any other business meeting. We open with the Pledge of Allegiance, then a non-denominational prayer, and from there it gets downright boring... the Secretary reads the minutes from past meetings and we vote on their validity, then the Treasurer reads his report and we vote on approving any new expenses and his report. Then we have New Business, Old Business and then anything for the Good of the Order. There's a welfare report about ailing Brothers, and the next meeting is discussed so it goes off more smoothly.

Sounds like a local Chamber of Commerce, Park Board or Cemetery Society meeting to me. Oh, except that after the meeting we dance around a tree naked and worship satan.

(Just kidding!)

Edited by Likely Guy

Etu Malku above leaves you with a riddle or conundrum, if you press him he will say he means a hermetic seal, being airtight in symbolism this means we keep our secrets, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia....i/Hermetic_seal

But he could mean Hermeticism, don't expect him to explain symbolism, he has an oath, he will always write riddles, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Hermeticism

:unsure2: Actually I'm not a Mason, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn! :whistle:

Sounds like a local Chamber of Commerce, Park Board or Cemetery Society meeting to me. Oh, except that after the meeting we dance around a tree naked and worship satan.

(Just kidding!)

Don't forget the orgy afterwards . . . (don't let anyone tell you different, this is why they all attend meetings) :innocent:

Hi Etu Malku,

I had to make you make a statement that you were or wasn't a mason, it must be noted that i'm liberal about masons, obviously you did say that masons are Hermetically tinged!

A lot of different esoteric societies have different interpretation of how to put a hermetic belief alignment in place, some are passive, others involve violence, all align Sirius and Alnilam!

The alignment below involves when Hitler adopted the Swastika in Starnsburg, that i feel was an evening meeting after sunset:-

http://wiki.answers...._get_his_Symbol

In no way am i connecting this to masons, however alignments like this are used many different ways in the beliefs of hermetics.

The alignment at sunset is rare regarding both Sirius and Alnilam, but there is a corridor through Europe where as the Sun sets, so does Sirius and Alnilam, with beliefs of this nature, then sunset at location of Starnberg, Germany at sunset day marker would be highly prized on 20th May 1920, astronomy graph below:-

http://2012forum.com...=5156&mode=view

Political judgements must be valued on careful study in a democracy and votes, not alignments of stars!

A sore that has history in America would be Civil War, brother against brother, i don't mind showing the alignments to the Battle of Gettysburg if you wish that seem intentional!

Edited by monk 56

Hi Etu Malku,

I had to make you make a statement that you were or wasn't a mason

LOL, oh you had to "make" me say I am not a Mason? Hmmm . . . I am at the hands of a greater sorcerer than I? :nw:
A lot of different esoteric societies have different interpretation of how to put a hermetic belief alignment in place, some are passive, others involve violence, all align Sirius and Alnilam!
The Golden Dawn and the original Freemasons incorporate much more than astrology, otherwise known as al-Hakim or The Picatrix.

If one wishes to understand Freemasonry as it originally was intended, then a thorough study of Albert Pike is in order.

Edited by Etu Malku

Dancing naked? Orgies?

Damn! I must have joined the wrong Lodge!! :w00t:

Heck, my home Lodge jurisdiction is DRY - no alcohol at meetings or functions at all (Grand Lodge of Ohio). I've been at others where drinking is allowed.

Still, there wasn't any nakedness anywhere. I feel so slighted!!

• Like 1

The Golden Dawn and the original Freemasons incorporate much more than astrology, otherwise known as al-Hakim or The Picatrix.

If one wishes to understand Freemasonry as it originally was intended, then a thorough study of Albert Pike is in order.

Please, elucidate.

Edited by Likely Guy

I sometimes wish I were involved with a church. That would be a lot of fun, but cringing during worship services probably wouldn't go over well. I have heard of a church that is nonspecific religion. Mabey I'll go check out what's going on over there.

I feel like this too... I liked my old church (at that time) because of the community, the instruction and the service but I can't be there anymore. Its been awhile since and I've been recently feeling the void. I've been thinking of joining some political activist groups, or looking into the nonspecific religion churches (we have one at least out here too)... but I really don't know yet.

I am presently at a church but it is very small, there is nothing more to it than short Sunday services which are basically personal motivation, references to and thankfulness to God. I was happy with it at first, and still am to a certain degree, but by itself it is too simple... I need more too.

I'm sure if you keep looking (seeking lol) you will find something that at least semi-suits your needs. Sounds like since you are already a business owner and leader you are not interested in starting something of your own? That way your parameters could be decided by you, but then you'd have to put in a lot of time... probably better to join something already established and ran by another responsible party, maybe even an offset of a bigger church or group - a side organization that concentrates on a particular area...

..just thinking out loud

Edited by SpiritWriter

Etu isn't a Freemason, and his idea of what "Original" Freemasonry is quite warped. Albert Pike was an OMG prolific writer in the 1800's that wrote what HE thought the Fraternity should be doing. The problem is that he was not in the mainstream of the organization. He was VERY knowledgeable, but he wanted us to go back to a Golden Age that never existed - and there is no proof of it ever existing.

As for the claim of "more than astrology", I already alluded to that in my previous posts. There are seven liberal arts and sciences: Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric (speaking and debating ability), Arithmetic, Music, Geometry and Astronomy (also called Astrology) - and all Freemasons are encouraged to study them all. Quite a bit of our Ritual work deals with these topics and the more you know, the more you will understand the meanings behind the Rituals.

As for al-Hakim and the Picatrix, while it is an interesting work and it set up the Scientific Method that we now use, to say that it is involved in Freemasonry or that we use it is akin to saying that we base our memberships upon Merriam Webster's Dictionary.

• Like 1

Etu isn't a Freemason, and his idea of what "Original" Freemasonry is quite warped. Albert Pike was an OMG prolific writer in the 1800's that wrote what HE thought the Fraternity should be doing. The problem is that he was not in the mainstream of the organization. He was VERY knowledgeable, but he wanted us to go back to a Golden Age that never existed - and there is no proof of it ever existing.

Albert Pike was elected Sovereign Grand Commander of the Scottish Rite's Southern Jurisdiction in 1859. He remained Sovereign Grand Commander for the remainder of his life (a total of thirty-two years), devoting a large amount of his time to developing the rituals of the order.

Notably, he published a book called "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry" in 1871.

Pike is still regarded in America as an eminent and influentialFreemason.

"Let's clarify right at the outset: the vast majority of those who become Masons have no idea whatsoever who Pike was." - read more on Pike

As for the claim of "more than astrology", I already alluded to that in my previous posts. There are seven liberal arts and sciences: Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric (speaking and debating ability), Arithmetic, Music, Geometry and Astronomy (also called Astrology) - and all Freemasons are encouraged to study them all. Quite a bit of our Ritual work deals with these topics and the more you know, the more you will understand the meanings behind the Rituals.
Isn't Astronomy different than Astrology?
As for al-Hakim and the Picatrix, while it is an interesting work and it set up the Scientific Method that we now use, to say that it is involved in Freemasonry or that we use it is akin to saying that we base our memberships upon Merriam Webster's Dictionary.
Huh? :huh:

:unsure2: Actually I'm not a Mason, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn! :whistle:

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about.

Albert Pike's tomb is in the House of the Temple in Washington DC, probably the most powerful masonic temple in the world, how masons align their temples is strictly their affair, i only get uneasy when Sirius and Alnilam are used in politics, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_the_Temple

You will note that groundbreaking took place on 31st May 1911, ancient Greek day marker was applied, being sunset of previous day, when Sirius set with the Sun at location. Cornerstone ceremony happened on 18th October 1911 and the building was dedicated on 18th October 1915, i'm only showing the 1911 alignment as the 1915 date will only show the same, astronomy graph below showing that midnight day marker was used with Sirius rising:-

http://2012forum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=3508&mode=view

I thought George Washington's innauguration would interest, time isn't recorded in any notes on 30th April 1789 at Federal Hall, New York, however there hangs a painting in the House of the Temple that dates from the period, which has a clock in the background showing the time of 12:35pm, link below:-

http://www.dcpages.com/gallery/House-of-the-Temple/Dsc05094.jpg.html

George Washington was too humble to use a Sirius alignment for himself, but he did pick a great star, being the Royal Persian Star Regulus, very apt really as it means "LITTLE KING", at 12:35pm at location on 30th April 1789, Regulus was rising along the horizon, astronomy graph below:-

http://2012forum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=3628&mode=view

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about.

Obviously you never saw the commercial advertisement, unfortunately all wit & pith has been lost to you.

Albert Pike was elected Sovereign Grand Commander of the Scottish Rite's Southern Jurisdiction in 1859. He remained Sovereign Grand Commander for the remainder of his life (a total of thirty-two years), devoting a large amount of his time to developing the rituals of the order.

Notably, he published a book called "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry" in 1871.

Pike is still regarded in America as an eminent and influentialFreemason.

"Let's clarify right at the outset: the vast majority of those who become Masons have no idea whatsoever who Pike was."

It's amazing what someone with a little knowledge and no understanding claims to understand.

Pike was head of the Scottish Rite for a long time - and the Scottish Rite is NOT Freemasonry - it is an appendent body. If you were a Freemason - or studied on the subject, you'd understand the difference. It's an associated club, separate from Freemasonry.

He wrote some 130 books, and he USED to be considered the go-to man for information on... wait for it... THE SCOTTISH RITE, not the Blue Lodge. There is a profound difference between the two. Nowadays, the only people that hold him up as the most important man in Masonic history are Anti-masons.

Isn't Astronomy different than Astrology?

Yes, now it is, but before astronomy was an established science, most sages and learned people called it astrology - the study of the stars. In the mid 1800's, the terms were used interchangeably... and even until the 1950's it was very common to use "astrology" to label the actual science of astronomy.

Huh? :huh:

Do you understand now what trouble can be caused by spouting things off without fully understanding them? If you had read the Picatrix or had just studied ABOUT the Picatrix, you'd understand that it is the cornerstone in the scientific community, and laid out the process by which a learned man could evaluate his surroundings by using what we now know as the Scientific Method - hypotheses, testing, recording, conclusions - the whole works was laid out in that great tome.

Would you care to try to sound educated again, or are you going to admit that you are discussing something that you have not studied or contemplated, and that you would rather just rattle things off that others have said without actually checking their veracity? There is no shame in saying, "I just don't know."

• Like 1

[/font]

It's amazing what someone with a little knowledge and no understanding claims to understand.

Pike was head of the Scottish Rite for a long time - and the Scottish Rite is NOT Freemasonry - it is an appendent body. If you were a Freemason - or studied on the subject, you'd understand the difference. It's an associated club, separate from Freemasonry.

He wrote some 130 books, and he USED to be considered the go-to man for information on... wait for it... THE SCOTTISH RITE, not the Blue Lodge. There is a profound difference between the two. Nowadays, the only people that hold him up as the most important man in Masonic history are Anti-masons.

The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry (the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction in the United States often omits the and), commonly known as simply the Scottish Rite, is one of several Rites of the worldwide fraternity known as Freemasonry.

Whereas it is officially recognized in the United States as an extension of Freemasonry, The Scottish Rite is one of the appendant bodies of Freemasonry that a "Master Mason" may join for further exposure to the principles of Freemasonry.

So obviously Pike had been a Master Mason. Are you certain you're in the right club? LOL

Yes, now it is, but before astronomy was an established science, most sages and learned people called it astrology - the study of the stars. In the mid 1800's, the terms were used interchangeably... and even until the 1950's it was very common to use "astrology" to label the actual science of astronomy.
Right, and this is 2012.

Do you understand now what trouble can be caused by spouting things off without fully understanding them? If you had read the Picatrix or had just studied ABOUT the Picatrix, you'd understand that it is the cornerstone in the scientific community, and laid out the process by which a learned man could evaluate his surroundings by using what we now know as the Scientific Method - hypotheses, testing, recording, conclusions - the whole works was laid out in that great tome.

The reason I said "huh" was your statement of which I didn't understand:
Would you care to try to sound educated again, or are you going to admit that you are discussing something that you have not studied or contemplated, and that you would rather just rattle things off that others have said without actually checking their veracity? There is no shame in saying, "I just don't know."
I am not Mason, and I am not an expert on Freemasonry, I am on the other hand well read on the Picatrix.

Albert Pike was considered THE authority on Freemasonry, for you to ignore this throws red flags up as your own validation as a Mason.

Here is an article on exactly your view of Pike and why you are completely wrong in your assertion of his worth in Freemasonry.

http://freemasonrywatch.org/albertpikeandkkk.html

Here is an article on exactly your view of Pike and why you are completely wrong in your assertion of his worth in Freemasonry.

http://freemasonrywa...pikeandkkk.html

See, I can do it too.

http://www.masonicinfo.com/pike.htm

I'll save you some time regarding Pike's so called connection to the KKK.

http://www.masonicinfo.com/kkk.htm

Edited by Likely Guy

After speaking to a friend of mine who used to be a Mason this is what I was told:

"The way it works in some places is that the first three degrees, the third and final degree being Master Mason. That is called The Blue Lodge. At this point you can join "Appendant Bodies". These are Masonic style Orders that require members to be a Master Mason to join. The Scottish Rite can be worked as a stand-alone Masonic Order, including the first three degrees, but it can also accept the first three degrees that individuals receive from a Blue Lodge and take them through the system from the 4th degree on."

Yes, he is an important figure in Freemasons and developed the Scottish Rite which along the lines of the York Rite. He wrote Morals and Dogma which is the book of the 32degrees.

Though in Freemasonry there are only 3 recognized degree's Entered Apprentice, Fellowcraft and Master Mason. So in a sense he is correct, however, you have to be a Mason to be in the Scottish Rite, which I once was."