Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery of the Pointy S

tapirmusic

But Why? Why did you draw them? What does it or what did it symbolize to you? And who taught it to you?

That is the mystery!!!!

I cant remember who taught it to me, I think one of my cousins. It didnt mean anything to me I just loved to draw and I would spell out words with it.

Oh that's easy. At my middle school we use it to represent the MSU football team. Everybody uses it XD, not sure what it means elsewhere, but that's how I've always known it.

My local skate store still carries stussy stuff. It's basically high end skate/surf wear. £50 for a hat, £100 for a hoodie that kind of ball park but I've never been that S on any of their gear. We drew it at school too. We always tried to design graffiti tags with an S in them so we could use it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a friend who drew these once, we were making pins as little kids and had this lame machine that took a picture and made it into a really bad pin. I was too little to be able to draw it, but she taught some of the older kids. It could just be a classic thing thats easy to draw and looks cool, like how kids draw stars.

You want something really hard to draw. try a perfect circle.

That symbol is totally wasted in fraternity houses...

It needs a new home in the shape of the County Ground.

What I'm trying to say is ,it could be used as the new logo of Swindon Town.

Our penultimate logo did have a pointed shape but with the S inside.

It's the best thing to do to promote the first division champions elect.

However it could turn us from a legend into an urban legend which is the only down side.

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 1

You want something really hard to draw. try a perfect circle.

Meant so say a perfect cirlce freehand lol

it's just some gangsta stylized S :huh: however i do recall one time accidentally drawing it partially i was just randomly scribblin lines out of boredom meh lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That symbol is totally wasted in fraternity houses...

It needs a new home in the shape of the County Ground.

What I'm trying to say is ,it could be used as the new logo of Swindon Town.

Our penultimate logo did have a pointed shape but with the S inside.

It's the best thing to do to promote the first division champions elect.

However it could turn us from a legend into an urban legend which is the only down side.

champions elect? Aren't you 4th lol. My sky blues are going well. Might be seeing you at Wembley soon!

champions elect? Aren't you 4th lol. My sky blues are going well. Might be seeing you at Wembley soon!

We might be fourth but the only possible rival for the title is Doncaster Rovers.

The rest with their still outstanding cup dates are just getting too inconsistent.

You would have expected more from the likes of the Franchise and Sheffield United.

The plastic scousers are getting ready to join their ranks because they are having it this Saturday.

Tbh I think Swindon Town are booked for second at least but we'll see what happens in that televised six pointer at Doncaster in April.

I'll have to say that Coventry City look rather flattered by seventh because the teams behind have games in hand.

And they have replaced Mcgoldrick with Leon Clarke who's still villiefied by Swindon fans.

However your in a better position than Portsmouth and Hartlepool United.

Usually these sleeping giants get promoted in their second season in the lower leagues.

We might be fourth but the only possible rival for the title is Doncaster Rovers.

The rest with their still outstanding cup dates are just getting too inconsistent.

You would have expected more from the likes of the Franchise and Sheffield United.

The plastic scousers are getting ready to join their ranks because they are having it this Saturday.

Tbh I think Swindon Town are booked for second at least but we'll see what happens in that televised six pointer at Doncaster in April.

I'll have to say that Coventry City look rather flattered by seventh because the teams behind have games in hand.

And they have replaced Mcgoldrick with Leon Clarke who's still villiefied by Swindon fans.

Usually these sleeping giants get promoted in their second season in the lower leagues.

I agree we're definitely playing above our ability at the minute but don't think playoffs is too optimistic but don't think we'll go up this season.

Wow I never realized this was a worldwide thing! The town I live in starts with an S so I always thought that was where it came from, guess not!

I agree we're definitely playing above our ability at the minute but don't think playoffs is too optimistic but don't think we'll go up this season.

I'm beginning to think the play-offs is optimistic for us as well.

It looks like our manager is going to resign,the consortium takeover is on shaky ground and we didn't get the players we were hoping for. And Bournemouth had the brass neck to steal Matt Ritchie under our noses.Which is why Paulo feels the situation at Swindon Town is untenable. But I'll have to say last night he was very non- committal in his post- match interview last night. I think he's hanging on to see if Sam Alladyce gets a contract extension at West Ham.

At least you've still got Leon Clarke. Tbh I think you will end up at Wembley but it won't be the play-off final. It's just too tight to call and you've got a severe disadvantage.

Drew this is 2nd-3rd grade, I remember kids putting paperclips into S's as well. I remember the teacher telling everyone to quit drawing this S and leaving those paperclips around as well. lol

I remember doing this in elementary school in the early 90s. We also had a fad where we'd trace over it with glue and sprinkle crayon shavings over it so it was 3d and rainbow. :tu:

It's strange, but what i don't understand most is why it is drawn mostly by boys. Maybe it is something attractive and easy to be drawn, but i don't get how these students have this ''connection'', to put it in simple terms. On the contrary though it might just be a coincidence from the many that are made every day....dunno what to say!!!

It was WAY different in my school. Mostly girls drew it. If a boy drew it, they were made fun of for being like the girls.

It was WAY different in my school. Mostly girls drew it. If a boy drew it, they were made fun of for being like the girls.

Drawn by boys in one school, drawn by girls in another school. Maybe it's unisex :P

Lol, just kidding. Maybe it's kind of easy to draw something like this and it comes out naturally...

I was taught to draw that symbol by placing a row of three vertical lines above another row of three vertical lines and then putting in a few diagonal lines to make the S.

Swindon Town are third and they are just two points off top spot, which is currently occupied by Tranmere Rovers. In my view, anybody in the top four or five could win it. Coventry City are seven points behind Swindon in eighth place having played one game more.

Swindon play the Monkey Hangers on Saturday. It should be a certain three points for you. And if Walsall beat Doncaster Rovers and Leyton Orient beat Tranmere you will go top.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun