Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baptist Church.

Borana

I don't think Baptist John's and Jesus 'religion' are schism or rebellion from mainstream Judaism. But kind of self- government. Jesus's 'new religion' been called Christianity , but what is called Baptist John's ?

• Like 1

I don't think Baptist John's and Jesus 'religion' are schism or rebellion from mainstream Judaism. But kind of self- government. Jesus's 'new religion' been called Christianity , but what is called Baptist John's ?

To my knowledge, it was just a radical form of Judaism, perhaps just a movement named after John after all Christianity was for the first 70 years was just a movement within Judaism an they were just called followers of Christ.

• Like 1

To my knowledge, it was just a radical form of Judaism, perhaps just a movement named after John after all Christianity was for the first 70 years was just a movement within Judaism an they were just called followers of Christ.

You are right - it was radical. No longer were animals sacrificed. No longer was there an earthly high priest. All believers became priests and no longer had to go through temple priests to communicate with God. They prayed directly to God since they were now a priesthood of believers. No longer did they have to tithe. No longer did the male head of the family have to go to Jerusalem three times a year.

John the Baptist's following got so big because of the "baptism of repentance" which came down from heaven and bathed people supernaturally and they began to cry and repent. John said, "I must decrease so that He, (Jesus), can increase." So John insulted Herod about stealing his brother's wife and was summarily thrown in prison. There he sent a question to Jesus, are you really the one to come? As John lost his head, no one could continue to follow John; and Jesus took center stage.

My Bible says the early followers of Jesus were called "disciples." Once a person experiences the baptism of repentance they know God has touched them. They not only repent of their sins; but they begin to learn about this wonderful God. Disciple means learner. It was first at Antioch that disciples began to be called "Christians."

God bless us all is my prayer.

Edited by Copen
  • Like 1

...it just another sect of "self-government"...

there are so many religions and sects which makes me wonder do they really all believe in the same thing?

Obviously they do not HAVE ONE SET OF LAWS that applies to all mankind...

EACH SECT has its own "RULERS" playing god, making their own laws...

There is no UNIVERSAL LAWS that any of these sects follow....

They all worship themselves as a god on their own....

They do not worship any real GOD outside of themselves if they all make their own rules.

THE ABSENCE OF UNIVERSAL LAWS applicable to ALL and different codified man-made law applicable to only its followers (some people) is evidence of man playing god, and no REAL FAITH OR BELIEF in something greater than man himself.

THUS SECTS are all small groups of SATANISTS worshiping themselves and making their own laws throwing the finger in god's way...

THEY ARE ALL ATHEISTS IN MY OPINION if they do not believe in anything greater than themselves by playing god themselves.

SATANISM is really ATHEISM at its core.

68237_433628443352629_227567483_n.jpg

You have to becareful with the pictures you post, you will offend someone

everyone offends everyone...

especially when you challenge them to have enough guts to creep out of their comfort zones...

~~~~

true growth lies outside of the comfort zone...

if you have to be offended to grow,

then you better know the TRUTH would really p***ssss you off in the beginning,

but after a while you would be grateful as it begins to settle in,

and bring you to a new understanding of things.