Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tweaking Subconscious Thoughts

Princess Tumbleweed

I have recently become interested in the subconscious mind. I have had impressive results with just thinking or saying something will happen in a positive way and it happens ( not always, but it has ). The interesting thing is if more than one person has the same thought/goal expecting results it is even more likely to happen. Example : I work in sales and on commission, I happened to be working with a coworker and we would be splitting the commission for the day. We had a goal for an exact amount of extra money we were going to make for the day. A customer gave us the exact amount as a bonus that we thought about. It was more than a thought though, we said we are going to make X more than this on commission and the exact amount we thought of was given. The impressive part is that the original amount we had due was already substantial for the job we were working on.

Has anyone had major life changes or minor changes because you changed your thought pattern? Do you have an explanation or idea why thinking can effect our lives?

• Like 2

I've always believed in the power of group prayer which is essentially the same thing: a group focused on one or more but many of the same thoughts/desires/wants/needs

• Like 1

Yes the same, Thank you!

my friends are to roudy to pray......I'm sure they do on days.

Mmm it is really fascinating that it can take different applications so that a group can think of a target profit quota and reach it. This could happen all the time even without the group thinking about it.

Maybe we could form our own group focused on different issues or even more trivial matters. Could we affect the situation in Gaza? Or the outcome of a sporting event?

• Like 1

Has anyone had major life changes or minor changes because you changed your thought pattern? Do you have an explanation or idea why thinking can effect our lives?

I havn't had any major life changing events through changing the thought paterns, but had deffinately discovered that one can do this.

I've dot been able to do it since, but about 5 months ago I found myself in a patern of thought or inner voice that was planning my day. Once I realised this I decided to change the plan and give myself a very eventfull day that would end with a very provocative surprise..

Well, to cut a long story short, everything I planned for the day happened, actually the plan was exceeded and I had plenty of energy thoughtout the day (which was even more surprising).. and at the end of the day the "provocative surprise" came in the form of being able to predict a card from a shuffled deck as though I had ESP.. lol.. It might sound like discovering this unrealised truth can be very positive if it is put to good use. But I can easily see that such a thing can also be put to negative or selfish use..

My explanation of this is simply that Thoughts are things, period...

I'm sure others will have other explainations or opinions, mine isn't gospel.. But thoughts aren't just electrical impulses in the brain that think of things past,present or future. They have weight, pressure, volume, temperature, taste, you name it.. Sure some thoughts are just brain fluff like "wonder what weatherman will be wearing on TV tonight" But other thoughts that are driven by intention have real-world effects because at different levels of reality they do have weight, pressure, volume and all of the other physical attibutes one doesn't think they have.

• Like 2

Coincidence, that's all. People in Africa think/hope/pray for raining, water all the time, but nothing good happened. And not just one person or dozens of people, thousands, millions of them.

Don't submerge yourself into a delusion

Edited by FlyingAngel

• 2 months later...

If I lived in that part of Africa I would start thinking of ways to get out! Some do think of more than rain.

Coincidence, that's all. People in Africa think/hope/pray for raining, water all the time, but nothing good happened. And not just one person or dozens of people, thousands, millions of them.

Don't submerge yourself into a delusion

This is a stereotypical view. Famines in Africa were not due to a shortage of food but rather in how it was distributed.

Let me guess you also believe that America is the best country and that Brazil is very poor? It would surprise most Americans that we are becoming weaker and no longer live on a unipolar world or that Brazil went from being a nation that had to borrow to becoming one that now lends with a growing middle class.

People might pray for rain in Africa but I believe most of them pray, if they pray at all, for more day-to-day life concerns as we all do.

If you are not American keep in mind that this largely applies to them.

Princess, one problem might be that wishing something good for you could in fact mean getting something bad for someone else. In your case, you work in sales, and since market that you cover is probably limited, each sucessfull sale that you complete means one less sale that can be completed by someone else, within your organizatoin or even outside, if your company has competition( which is usually the case in free markets). And i don't think anyone has privileged position regarding wish fulfillment, therefore i would dismiss that mere fact that you wished for something, resulted in wish realization. However, i would be more inclined to the thinking, that you somehow managed to foresee the goal that you will strive that day, and that exact amount was later bestowed upon you.

Intention is a very powerful tool if it's used consciously and with with conscience.

• Like 1

Intention is a very powerful tool if it's used consciously and with with conscience.

You just had to add in that conscience part. I think you made that up. I agree with the first part and admit conscience is beneficial for karmic reasons but not necessary.