Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What physical senses do you use the most?

MarvelAtTheWords

And which sense do you think you could live without if you had to?

• Like 1

Um thats hard.

Edited by The Id3al Experience

Yeah, sight, as I dont feel this is needed for me I have been trained in a few fighting styles which require only sound, not vision. Wing Chun for example and Ninjitsu, I need sound. also because Music is my happy place. haha

Edited by The Id3al Experience
  • Like 1

Sight the most...

I could live without ( if I had to ) of the four....Without.....

Taste

Smell, some odors are unpleasant but I guess some sights and sounds are too. Then again I love the smell of roses and freshly baked bread. I don't want to play this game.

• Like 4

I'm going to be a smartass and say that the sense I use the most is "balance".. or equalibriam.

And the sense I could live without is "Pressure"

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 5

I could live without sight. I would be loathe to live without hearing and never hear my daughters' voices. I would be heartbroken if I could never smell their hair after a bath. If I could not touch or feel, I think my life would be bereft as well. I love food and cooking and without taste I'd be horribly depressed. Our worlds are set up from a visual perspective and our lives are centered around what we see, but I actually regard my sight as the sense which carries the least actual meaning in my life. If I could not see tomorrow I would always remember the tthings I have seen thus far. Smells, sounds, tastes, and touches are far more ephemeral. I need them more.

• Like 2

I love to feel the warmth of a fire or listen to bird singing or smell freshly baked cookies & taste them or see all the wonders this world has to offer, so I would have to say "NONE".

• Like 1

Not the answers I was expecting to see on here. I think I would most like to have sight. I can do without hearing...but then again my mom, sister, and most of her side of the family is deaf and I am taking ASL as my language...so maybe I am biased

Edited by CommunitarianKevin
  • Like 1

Sound I favor the most but I'm a glutton for all of them. Only one I could live without is sight the rest well yeah.....

In order of importance to me:

Sight

Hearing

Touch

Taste

Smell

So by process of elimination I think I could go without smell. There's tons of scents I would miss, but in comparison to what I would miss without the other senses it would be easier to deal with. Smell does have an effect on taste though but taste was my second to last choice anyway.

Besides, I lose most of my sense of smell whenever I get a cold so I have the most experience with that one already. haha

sight and i could probably live without sound.

me too, i use my sight most often and would adjust fine without hearing. actually i was rendered deaf by a severe infection in my ears once - it lasted about three months. i got a taste of what deafness was really like.

i learned to read lips very quickly.

I would have to say that the sense that I use the most is my sense of touch.. imagine going through life without the sense of touch.. how hard it would be to write... to type.. to walk..etc..etc.................. the sense that i could do without.. none would be preferrable... but... if i had to choose i suppose it would be my sense of hearing.

I`d have to do a days trial on each before I decide.

But ideally, I`d prefer if I could switch them off individually at certain times when I need to.

They're all important, but the least important to me is smell. I'm primarily a carpenter, if I was a chef I'd have a different answer.

Taste, absolutely! I thoroughly enjoy the other senses, but I am not a foodie, struggle to think of what I am going to eat, and eat mainly to live.

I love my sense of smell, and the rest are necessary to me.

Taste? Meh.

Taste, absolutely! I thoroughly enjoy the other senses, but I am not a foodie, struggle to think of what I am going to eat, and eat mainly to live.

I love my sense of smell, and the rest are necessary to me.

Taste? Meh.

You might be on to something there no taste no chocolate or icecream etc etc = no calories = no weight gain.

Well, these are questions out of the ordinary, but i will give my answers to them, since it won't cost me anything, lol. If i had to choose, which sense is my favorite, i'd pick up sight, because without sight (and vision of course), i wouldn't be able to observe anything, and to the question, as to which sense i'd rather not have, i'd say smell...there are too many unpleasant odors out there...so, there are my answers....

Are we speakin' of , as being thrown in a situation or pref. never mind... I'd have to say sight , they I feel , then my

intellect. at the same time. Hey ! the sky has no limits.....

Touch is what I use most. Due to medical conditons with pain....

I could probably live without taste. I'd miss it but it is the least important to me when it comes to survival.

You can lose any ability except your eyes, you would lose your driving licence which means waiting for a damn bus that never comes,and loads of other things which you now take for granted.