Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you were picked to travel back in time...

Kevin28

I'd either go back to last week with the winning lottery numbers, or bring an iPhone to the mid- 90s and reverse engineer the hell out of it ;)

I would go back to last Friday at 6.30.

my 3 things would be;

1 - pen

1 - euro millions lotto slip

1 - 2 pound coin.

• Like 2

To approxamately 1875 find Alexander Bell and show him the IPhone and say "Don't......just don't" then take a flamethrower to all his work. Then give him a bo of Lindt chocolate.

maybe go back to the time of the mayans and record all of there stuff before it all got destroyed :tsu:

• Like 1

I'd go back just to when we were getting good at science.

I'd make a big book on all the important aspects of science that we know in today's world.

I'd make a big book and compile all the information we have on how to build all of the machinery we have now, scientific and other tech, phones, computers etc.

The last item I would bring would be a book that I have compiled, claiming to be a representative of the real God who has sent me from 'The Other Side' to bring these 'gifts of knowledge'. The book would be the 'new' bible and would be one, not of judgement and warning, but of progress that would hopefully encourage people to move on with science and gaining a better understanding of the universe.

Result = Science would advance much quicker, people would drop the dogma and we'd be MUCH more advanced scientifically, far surpassing where we are now and hopefully, we'd be on our way to interstellar travel. Plus, the people would be fully convinced of me being a representative of God as well because the knowledge and information would be accurate and would work...plus, me popping out of existence would be a hint as well.

Edited by Sean93

I would go back and stop Justin Bieber from ever been created.

maybe go back to the time of the mayans and record all of there stuff before it all got destroyed :tsu:

They would probably sacrifice you. I reckon there is a good chance they were too wasted to record anything, and anything that might have been done was probably also sacrificed to Gods.

I wont even go see exhibitions. Many artefacts that exist are designed for sacrifice, I just can't look at them and wonder when I know how many lives suffered in this. The still beating human heart was a powerful symbol for these sick puppies.

That sort of thing is something I think people would rather forget, then revere.

Dont mean to be a downer, but MesoAmerica is probably the last place I would want to go. Might as well appear in a nest of TRexes.

If I had the opportunity to travel in time I would go back and save Hypatia from an unjust death

3 things I could bring back? I only need 2. Hypatia, her works.

I'll find something good there to make up the third though.........

I'd go back just to when we were getting good at science.

I'd make a big book on all the important aspects of science that we know in today's world.

I'd make a big book and compile all the information we have on how to build all of the machinery we have now, scientific and other tech, phones, computers etc.

The last item I would bring would be a book that I have compiled, claiming to be a representative of the real God who has sent me from 'The Other Side' to bring these 'gifts of knowledge'. The book would be the 'new' bible and would be one, not of judgement and warning, but of progress that would hopefully encourage people to move on with science and gaining a better understanding of the universe.

Result = Science would advance much quicker, people would drop the dogma and we'd be MUCH more advanced scientifically, far surpassing where we are now and hopefully, we'd be on our way to interstellar travel. Plus, the people would be fully convinced of me being a representative of God as well because the knowledge and information would be accurate and would work...plus, me popping out of existence would be a hint as well.

And then we have what we have now. Science being used to control people. I agree with you hence we will never have freewill ;)

And then we have what we have now. Science being used to control people. I agree with you hence we will never have freewill ;)

are_you_kidding_me_rage_face_meme_postcard-p239830711622241138envli_400.jpg

Jokes aside, in what way does it control people? My curiosity senses are through the roof.

I'm gonna be really boring and say I'd go back to the 60's in America. (the states) I feel I would fit in better then. I would take a history book of the 60's to now, A book on computer building and programming and a goat... just to be random.

I would go back and stop Justin Bieber from ever been created.

What if you go back and you fall in love with Beibers mum.....and you create Beiber?

• Like 1

Any ancient time and teach them some more advance science(like chemistry explosives before AD would be hilariously effective). Just to screw with scientists to make them think aliens taught them everything. Might even take over the world to stop all the ancient savagery establish the bill of rights or some equivalent so that everybody has liberty, while adopting the best of each civilization and taking out the worst. All the idealistic crap :P

I would go back to when hitler sent people to india for "research" on all the inner earth theory and advanced technologies and spy on them to find out what the **** they were really doing and why. I would take a listening device kit, binocculars and a fully stocked large ration bag.

Plain curiosity.

are_you_kidding_me_rage_face_meme_postcard-p239830711622241138envli_400.jpg

Jokes aside, in what way does it control people? My curiosity senses are through the roof.

I thought that was the joke?

I would like to go back to just before the fall of Rome (circa 450 AD)... I would take as much science, math, medical and mechanical knowledge as I could fit onto the largest computer memory device I could use attached to a lap top, a solar power recharger and a really good set of non-powered tools...

I would go to some semi isolated valley or small region in Western Europe (Gaul, Brittania or Northern Italy) and set up a University/Training Center... Then use this to shorten or prevent the catastrophic European Dark Ages...

Before any time travel, one would have to consider the affects of altering the time line and any affects on the space-time-continuum...

If you were just traveling back to witness events and not alter anything you'd just have to consider any affects on the space-time-continuum...In that case, I'd probably travel back to see where exactly all the shooters were during the assignation of JFK.

Isn't understanding science sooner, means destroying the planet faster? Petrol car, machines... you know what.

What's important is to teach people morality, care of the environment...

Isn't understanding science sooner, means destroying the planet faster? Petrol car, machines... you know what.

That's what science is isn't it?

I would go back to the time when Tesla was killed... would try to help him survive and make hes invetion go public... would probably fast forward alot of the current time in present... Don't need any selfish reasons i need to make my present a better place?

• Like 1

I would go back exactly one year and I would take the racing and sporting and tattslotto results with me hey if I can go back in time be damded if I not coming back rich. :yes:

go back to woodstock and take three gold ingots with me to sell for cash so i can stay long enough towatch the entire show. ( or two ingots and my digital camera)