Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream watcher?

lettergirl

I have been a lucid dreamer my whole life.

As a child I was able to create and control amazing dreams. Now, as an adult you can imagine how good I had gotten. My gift has been take away from me. Yes, I said taken away. For several months 3 years ago I had been creating and controling my dreams. My husband and were having problems at the time, so my dreams were my escape. I had created a lover in my dreams. I made people in my dreams fight while i flew above them and laughed. my dreams became erotic and dark and mischievious. In my last dream I caused a rumble and was sitting perched on a telephone pole to watch in amusement. When I saw a man on the opposite pole perched up high like me. He was a handsome man. he surprised me, I was not expecting anyone to be up there with me. I did not create him. He didnt fit in my dream. He looked angry. I asked "who the hell are you?" he said "i am the dream master." "what are u doing?" why are you abusing your gift?" "this is wrong!" he was really angry. " You shall never do this again!" he shouted.

I have never been able lucid dream again, no matter how hard i try. This was 3 years ago.

• Like 3

No one can take away your "gift". There may be some sort of inner blockages created by guilt or something.

You mentioned problems between you and your husband..this is a huge clue and the problems may have affected you more than you realize.

This is not because of some "dream master"..terms like this come from fantasy stories and maybe there is a part of you that is trying to tell you to watch out and maybe examine why you like to dream of conflict.

In one dream you mentioned that you caused a rumble and then watched the conflict unfold....do you do this unconsciously (or deliberately) in life?

Dreams sometimes reflect our real life problems.

• Like 3

Interesting. Sometimes we do meet people in our dreams that seem(feel like)they are not just from our subsconscious. If they are or not is hard to know or prove for sure so I wont say much about that. It does sound though that maybe the dream has just placed up a subconscious block, so your belief in the dream master is allowing his words to work on you. So if I was you I would do things to empower yourself again and make yourself the master. So maybe try repeating the thought that you are the dream master and he is not. Whatever you think will work.

I've done many 'bad' things in lucid dreams and I just think of them as experimenting and understanding life. Which isnt really bad at all.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

Maybe this strange man represents the problems and current conflicts in your life,as others have said? Can you think of any recent events that would have triggered the appearance of the man in your consciousness at all? It's possible that creating the 'negative' things or events in your dreams might trigger some kind of hidden guilt in your subciousness that is reflected in the appearance of the man?

Curious. A few years back when I was more prone to experiences, I had frequent dreams where I was observing apparently everyday situations from above; even though the characters in the dream couldn't apparently see me, invariably they would become agitated and angry that "The Watchers" were around.

• Like 2

very interesting, feels like a cliche now that every one else has said it but i think this character has risen from your own thoughts as well.(be it guilt or what ever feelings, only you could know)

I am very interested in what you think would be a better way to use your lucid dream time for as i my self have the same question in my own thoughts. i started off just being aware then i created things or people and now im not sure if i can see the point as i want my dreams to actually benefit my life.

The minds a complex thing and something similar happened to me but with sleep paralysis, i encounted a shadowy figure that pinned me to my bed, i had my eyes closed as i didnt want to stare it directly in the face but realising that i had nothing to be scared of, being a christian i just rasberried in its face (immature but when you cant move body or vocal cords theres not much you can do) i didnt have sleep paralysis for over a year.

you just trying to sort out this problem in waking life has more than increased your chances of lucid dreaming to night, good luck. oh and sorry for rambling, not sure if theres anything interesting in my drivel lol.

Based on his positioning and behavior, I think that the Watcher actually represent a version of yourself, or at least some part of you, who is unhappy with your usage of your gifts. It's been 3 years so i guess a lot of things probably changed in your life, but i suppose you are unhappy and still want to get in alignment with yourself. Otherwise you wouldn't be posting this here.

:lol: Something similar happened to me. I was daydreaming some medieval events & sword fights & i was in full control like a god. that suddenly something like a deformed human entered my dream & kicked my ass :wacko: . can't have privacy this days.

I'm a pretty avid lucid dreamer myself.

I've seen some thing similar to the "Dream Watcher" your describing.

He is completely black and wears a fedora and trench coat. (Cliché I know)

From my experience, he isn't malicious.

He just watches... a bit like a pervert really. :lol:

• Like 1

it was god. you didnt create him nor had power over him right?

Wow, I'm actually a bit jealous of your gift! Your dreams sound amazing.

I think it's actually just may be from your thoughts. Two of my major hobbies are drawing and writing, and I can't tell you how many times my characters and stories have either been inspired from my dreams or have been in them. I'm not a lucid dreamer though.

I remember one time one of my dreams, which inspired a story and series of drawings for me, I was in a strange surreal place that seemed to be a labyrinth and a man holding a lantern appeared to me and said, "Follow me, I'll show you the way." And he led me through and I escaped but he was trapped forever.

But yeah, I would say it's simply something from your subconscious or thoughts that has risen up and manifested itself into one of your dreams. I don't know why your lucid dreaming stopped though...

Edited by MisstreeDove

Very interesting. I got nothing other than there was a Scooby Doo episode in which the villain was called the dream master and could mess with people in their dreams. I just love that Scooby! I agree with the others about him being your own subconscious thoughts manifesting. Wish i could lucid dream as good as you. A lot of times i will know I'm dreaming but cant actually make anything happen. :/ Anyway, good luck!

That sure is unfortunate, you should be able to do it, but this time manually, try it a lot of times, disbelief also keeps you from doing stuff, its like a border, believe that you can do it again, or there may be something wrong with your chakras, you could try making some aura photos and see what the outcome is, or go to a spiritual healer, they also help

So good luck, and remember that disbelief is good for nothing, it could be your guilt, so don't give in.

Hi you are welcome to join us in the astral faqs thread ( see my link ) to discuss this further if you like.

This 'dream master' was most likely a materialisation of your higher self basically strapping the 'kiddy reins' onto you, until your motives/intentions come into a more positive sphere of alignment. In the astral/thought/mental dimensions it is possible to abuse and misuse and there will be repercussions if you really are creating negative / damaging thought forms or creating scenarios for yourself/others that your higherself and guides are totally not in-line with. This is the metaphysical version of being sent to the naughty step.

Sounds like they want to teach you about ego and keep you from being a liability at the moment as there is a massive clean up effort going on / shift in purging all this negativity and primitive thought forms that have been dredging in human consciousness for for millennia. For all the bad stuff and crap one generates, someone or something else is having to clear it in some other form. When humanity realises this relationship of consciousness across multi levels, it's going to make a lot of people take more responsibility for their thoughts and emotions and what they create with them. No one will be able to get your dreaming abilities back for you if your higherself/guides are allowing this, it's going to have to be a change that comes from within you.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• 3 weeks later...

Well said Blue3

The astral rhelm is really amazing and IMO very hard to control.I think you did have a gift and it really was taken away from you.

Like Blue3 said,theres been tooo much negativity for too long and theres a clean up trying to be done.Wanted by a majority of the human race as well which is, IMO what is going to empower it to finally happen.

Im also able to dream in a waay which I dont think is normal.But the uncontrolabilaty of my dreams,had made me stop doing it.

I was landing into situations and places that were scary,unknown,negative so I stopped.

The flying feeling is the greatest form of freedom one can have in a dream.

When I wanted to fly I would jump up and just kick my legs,as if i was in water and I would fly higher and higher then coast around.I use to try to teach people in my dreams how to fly and show them.Thos were the good ole days.

Theres alot more to this than we think.SLeeping is programmed into us for a reason.The whole body rejuvenation thing is all well and good.But theres much more to it.

ANd the astral rhelm isnt only ours ,we are with others and always are connected in a way we dont understand yet.

Although some have explained the connection very well like Dr pete peterson in his camelot interview.

He explains quite a few things actually and I suggest it to be watched cause he delivers a scientific explanation for tons of things.Hes a deep black project whistelblower but let out information in a controllled way which was allowed I think.And not many people know about it.

The OPs dream is realy interesting.It shows how evil we can be .Its something we all have or were trained to get entertainment from.OR is it just our ancient reptilian genes that we inherited which were a lil evil?.. that evilness has to be replaced by a higher spirituality of the complete opposite of evilness .

WHy do we laugh or think its funny at first when someone hurts themself.?Its not funny.We enjoy it for a second till we realize it wasnt funnny.Especiallly as a younger person.WHen you mature,you dont laugh as a reaction quite so much. Im rambling,but IM going to visit that astral thread!!! :)