Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should You go to Jail for Killing a Monkey?

and-then

He's not a future serial killer. He's not a monster. He's a drunken kid who made a mistake who was having a hard time due to family problems.

He has to go to jail. I'm not denying that. But I find the lack of human compassion in this thread just as disgusting as the boy who killed the monkey. Yes I pity the monkey. What he did was stupid and terrible. But a drunken mistake is no reason to call a boy a future serial killer. Hopefully when he gets a jail he can still make a decent life for himself.

While his situation is unfortunate, he chose to get drunk and he chose to commit a crime, plain and simple.

Why should he be treated differently than the rest of us?

• Like 1

He did not kill the animal "for fun". He intended to do a stupid drunken prank and attacked the monkey in defense after it bit him.

Do you people even read the articles?

He's not a future serial killer. He's not a monster. He's a drunken kid who made a mistake who was having a hard time due to family problems.

He has to go to jail. I'm not denying that. But I find the lack of human compassion in this thread just as disgusting as the boy who killed the monkey. Yes I pity the monkey. What he did was stupid and terrible. But a drunken mistake is no reason to call a boy a future serial killer. Hopefully when he gets a jail he can still make a decent life for himself.

Planning to throw the monkey out of its enclosure and wrapping it up in his jacket is already cruel enough.

And was he just walking around with a tree branch? No. The monkey bit him and out of anger he has picked up or broke off a tree branch and attacked the monkey. It's not like the monkey bit him then instantly he had a tree branch to 'defend' himself.

• Like 1

He did not kill the animal "for fun". He intended to do a stupid drunken prank and attacked the monkey in defense after it bit him.

He tries to steal a monkey and then kills it in defense. Do you see anything wrong with that thinking?

Maybe he'll get a new daddy in prison.

This is so silly.

One doesn't illegally go into a wild animal cage and not expect consequences of attack from those wild animals.

Then he kills the monkey. "Oh, but it was self-defense"

What a moron.

I don't know how trying to kidnap a monkey, that bite him with fear, beating it to death is called self defence ?

Would anyone say the same, if a guy drunk, thought it would be funny to snatch a baby from it's home, and the second the baby bit him ..Beat the baby to death ..and chant It's self defence ?

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

Of course he should do time.

Boo hoo he was grieving and has a kid and was drunk. I've had all of that and managed to not commit a crime or kill anything.

He needs to do his time. I don't even get how this is news.

• Like 1

Seeing as how he deprived the zoo of a monkey...he should take the monkeys place in the exhibit.

• Like 1

I don't know how trying to kidnap a monkey, that bite him with fear, beating it to death is called self defence ?

Would anyone say the same, if a guy drunk, thought it would be funny to snatch a baby from it's home, and the second the baby bit him ..Beat the baby to death ..and chant It's self defence ?

...like babies would bite you viciously... :whistle:

...like babies would bite you viciously... :whistle:

It was an example ... Babies / toddlers will bite for any number of reasons

I have a little boy, who is over 6 months old.. He has cut two teeth and he will bite anything .. Teething is a nightmare lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I have a little boy, who is over 6 months old.. He has cut two teeth and he will bite anything .. Teething is a nightmare lol

I was once a vicious little 6 month old as well...it was hell...

...I remember when my daughter bit her friend in kindergarten...

...but back to the monkey business...first, he should be charged and fined for public intoxication, then he should be charged with trespassing, destruction of personal property, and cruely to animals. Possibly charged with inciting a riot.

If you have that many charges against you...you should take some time out of your life to reflect...like maybe 2 years time out!

• Like 1

I was once a vicious little 6 month old as well...it was hell...

I don't recall being 6 months old.. You have a heck of a memory there joc lol :P

..I remember when my daughter bit her friend in kindergarten...

I remember my little sister ( moons ago ) was still cutting teeth and she bit into my back.. I still have the scar...

.but back to the monkey business...first, he should be charged and fined for public intoxication, then he should be charged with trespassing, destruction of personal property, and cruely to animals. Possibly charged with inciting a riot.

If you have that many charges against you...you should take some time out of your life to reflect...like maybe 2 years time out!

Absolutely ..

• Like 1

Yeah I hate it when people get let off because they were drunk or high. I have no problem with people drinking or doing drugs just don't let that affect anyone or anything else.