Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Sleeping beauty" gene

pallidin

According to this link, a gene is responsible for extremely excessive sleep in some people.

Interesingly, the gene is apparantly existant in everyone, but is only fully expressed in a few.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/11/21/mystery-substance-discovered-in-brain/

• Like 1

Huuuhhh yaaaaaarrrrrrnnnn what the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sm

• Like 3

Does the sleeping beauty gene also guarantee beauty?

Only while you're asleep, and in a very dark place :passifier:

• Like 2

I feel sorry for anyone that has this. Can you imagine how disruptive to your life that would be.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for anyone that has this. Can you imagine how disruptive to your life that would be.

Indeed, that ranks right up there(if not more so) than my anxiety/panic disorder. :blush:

That is interesting. But if this is genes-related, can this be cured? I know it sucks to be sleepy everytime. Imagine spending your life more asleep than awake? :))

I have an illness that makes me almost constantly sleepy, I even fell asleep on the back of a motorbike once (won't be doing that again!). It's not all bad, I get to snuggle up in bed when I need to with my pets.....and of course, I am beautiful lady.gif....well so my fiance says. I'm not so sure when I wake up with dribble on my pillow.

• Like 1

Well i recon snore zzzzzzzz huuuuh yaaaaarrrrwwwnnn huh as I was saying snore zzzzzzzzz ^_^