Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs with Speeds up to 27,000 MPH

TheMacGuffin

This is what LaPaz said:

I feel that in all probability they are not themselves conventional meteor falls. Now, the easy way out of this is to conjure up an unconventional type of .... meteorite, which comes in practically parallel to the surface of the earth and is somehow endowed with the property against the very great atmospheric resistance that is experienced on a level, it reserves nearly constant velocity over paths say of the order of 25 to over 100 miles, as in the case of the green fireball on January 30th.

It should also have the property that it is a very remarkable hue of green, not heretofore observed, to my knowledge, in the case of any conventional meteor falls. And finally, and this possibly is the most implausible feature of all, that although it produces light visible at distances of the order of 400 miles, it doesn't make a sound. In the case of the January 30th fall, due to the fact that there had been a large number of military personnel alerted, we were able to obtain observations within a minute after the fall occurred and pursued the investigation over a distance of 1,000 miles - in Texas mud primarily! - in some ten days' time interviewing literally hundreds of people, we saw not one substantial account of noise produced by the meteorite fall.

http://www.project1947.com/gfb/cap21649.html

If you go back and read the reports I posted, they were seeing groups and "formations" of these UFOs, sometimes 4-8 of them together. At times, they even seemed to be keeping some kind of "schedule". LOL

• Like 1

PS One of the reasons that LaPaz ruled out meters was because they do not have the long duration of these New Mexico UFOs, nor do they maneuver in the same way.

They definitely were not meteors.

This is why the only real "skeptical" explanation was that they were some kind of extraordinary, rare and unusual plasma phenomenon.

However, the 1933 Green Fireball sighted in New Mexico is used as a comparison with the Australian 2006 Green Fireball, and they exhibited the same properties. Old data has been utilised to help identify the phenomena today, but the results are different. Which I expect them to be with new technology and such. I agree they are a rarer phenomena than a regular meteorite, and I suspect this might have something to do with the point of origin and trajectory.

The explanation provided by QUT is a meteor, but with a plasma sheath, so in a way I guess it take the best of both worlds. I was actually wondering something very much along these lines only a coupe of months ago, it seems I have been beaten to the punch. I was talking briefly with S2F on another subject along these lines.

La Paz claims to have seen a fireball gain elevation. That seems to be his convincing personal argument. Yet again, path deviations, be they perceived or otherwise are also common during a meteor shower. I am not sure if this was known in the 1950's or not. As such, I do not feel it is sufficient to outright relegate green fireballs to ET.

t2png.jpg

LINK

Edited by psyche101

It wasn't be, but someone else on here was going on about ball lightning being composed of copper, or maybe it was one of those strange plasmas they were talking about.

Yes, Wolverine seemed to be embellishing the details somewhat.

By the way, Bee was correct that AFSWP was the Armed Forces Special Weapons Project and AEC was the Atomic Energy Commission, which has long since been renamed the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. They were both running their own UFO investigations as well.

Who wasn't?

Indeed, they may well have been as it could be a source of free energy as Tesla suggested. He also used to talk to aliens, but when he was whacked out on whacky tabaccy and said they were on Venus. We know he did not get that one right.

Still, everyone has a vice I suppose, it would be good to know his thoughts on Wardenclyffe tower. The indications he offered were nothing short of amazing. Edison did not like the idea of free power. No meter, no support. Private Enterprise can be every bit as damaging as any perceived Government intervention.

Edited by psyche101

If you go back and read the reports I posted, they were seeing groups and "formations" of these UFOs, sometimes 4-8 of them together. At times, they even seemed to be keeping some kind of "schedule". LOL

Now that's more like it ;) I agree with this completely. Meteor showers arrive "on schedule". But Green Fireballs were not touring earth in formation ;)

If I got the impression wrong from Wolverine I apologise, but I do not think I did.

Now that's more like it ;) I agree with this completely. Meteor showers arrive "on schedule". But Green Fireballs were not touring earth in formation ;)

If I got the impression wrong from Wolverine I apologise, but I do not think I did.

No, they weren't fireballs touring the earth.

Yes, Wolverine seemed to be embellishing the details somewhat.

I wouldn't say that, given the dozens and hundreds of UFO reports from New Mexico in this period, including the very large formation over Farmington.

I wouldn't say that, given the dozens and hundreds of UFO reports from New Mexico in this period, including the very large formation over Farmington.

But member Wolverine indicated that Green fireballs arrived and travel in formation.

Meteorites don't typically hover around in the air where everyone can watch them change colors, fly in formation, randomly disappear and reappear.

That statement is an embellishment. Pretty big one too. No two ways about it.

Huh? Where did you hear that?

Look up the Paul Bennewitz case, for example, although even in these UFO reports from the 1940s and 1950s, Sandia was one of the places that kept popping up.

I'd heard of a few UFO's around Kirtland before but never described as being a 'hot spot'.

Look up Col. William Methaney and "Project Pounce". That was one tip I gave to some researchers years ago. He was with Air Defense Command and in charge of the fighter wing there at Kirtland in 1952 when all kinds of interesting things were going on.

Hint, hint, hint.

Project Pounce was implemented under Eisenhower, by the way, or something very much like it.

Another hint, all of those guys like Methaney who thought UFOs were ET suffered no damage to their careers at all. Just the opposite, they all advanced in rank in the 1950s. Look up Nathan Twining, Charles Cabell and the rest and you'll see what I mean. Methaney later became a general as well.

Hint, hint...to those who are interested and know what I'm talking about. LOL

I've read about Bennewitz, but I guess I'm speaking more recently about it being a hotspot.

If anyone is serious about understanding the real history of UFOs, then they have to go back to the beginning, to the early days in New Mexico, Los Alamos, White Sands, Holloman and the rest.

For whatever reason--and there were many--this was when many people really came to understand that they were dealing with something "interplanetary", for want of a better term.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

For whatever reason--and there were many--this was when many people really came to understand that they were dealing with something "interplanetary", for want of a better term.

that goes on to show that they were clueless about what they were dealing with... :ph34r:

• Like 1

that goes on to show that they were clueless about what they were dealing with... :ph34r:

No, we weren't.

And no, I haven't killed myself yet.

• Like 1

No, we weren't.

oh i see... you mean that you were part of the 'group' that came up with said conclusion? what was the basis for that conclusion? tracking them back to venus?

And no, I haven't killed myself yet.

good.... but i knew that you were bs'ing when you mentioned that you had me on ignore

oh i see... you mean that you were part of the 'group' that came up with said conclusion? what was the basis for that conclusion? tracking them back to venus?

You know I can't prove anything I said along those lines and you would just rightfully scorn and mock me as "appealing to authority" or something like that.

I could tell you what I heard over the years and you would just have to accept (or not) on that basis.

Yes, you might say I have been part of a "group" for many years, although it is probably not at all the type of super-organization that you might imagine. An organization has existed for many years, of course, but would you believe me if I told you that much of it is more informal and self-selected that it is commonly portrayed as being.

I'm not sure this has any meaning for you. Of course, you will just laugh and make some kind of snide remark now, and of course I shall say no more.

You know Mc-G the problem is that most of the UFO -Ilogy specially New MExico lore revolves around a few reports and tales that over the years have grown quite the tail!

But it still leaves that 1% that will someday be our Gold mine ! I cant wait !

Oh! Oh ! Oh ! we better hurry we only have 22 days until the End !

que in THe Doors song please ! :tu:

Oh! Oh ! Oh ! we better hurry we only have 22 days until the End !

que in THe Doors song please ! :tu:

We're not going to get off that easily.

mcrom...as you are in constant disagreement with TheMacGuffin...and have made the above statement...

what exactly do YOU think they were 'dealing with'...?

• Like 1

Look up Col. William Methaney and "Project Pounce". That was one tip I gave to some researchers years ago. He was with Air Defense Command and in charge of the fighter wing there at Kirtland in 1952 when all kinds of interesting things were going on.

Hint, hint, hint.

Project Pounce was implemented under Eisenhower, by the way, or something very much like it.

Another hint, all of those guys like Methaney who thought UFOs were ET suffered no damage to their careers at all. Just the opposite, they all advanced in rank in the 1950s. Look up Nathan Twining, Charles Cabell and the rest and you'll see what I mean. Methaney later became a general as well.

Hint, hint...to those who are interested and know what I'm talking about. LOL

I just looked up Project Pounce and read this link...about Colonel Steve Wilson by Richard Boylan...

It is a story to boggle the mind for sure... :)... and I can't remember if you have brought Steve Wilson up before or what you

think about him..?

There is so much in it that I need to read it again (and again, probably)...but on the first reading this bit caught my eye regarding this topic...

and the colour green....

http://www.drboylan.com/colbirb2.html

On one run into enemy territory to bomb a dam, Lt. Wilson dropped his load of bombs and watched the dam burst. As he turned his plane around to return to base, he felt pain in his stomach and looked down to see blood gushing from his side. The lieutenant radioed in that he had been hit by ground fire. He reported his position and fuel level, and added that he was about to pass out and would not be returning. Lt. Wilson's memory fades out at that point. But subsequent events point to extraordinary intervention by unseen helpers that kept him alive.

Three days after Wilson radioed in that he was passing out, the control tower at the 67thFighter Squadron base saw an extraordinary sight. Wilson's plane was coming in for a landing although its engine was not running. The fuselage was surrounded by a strange greenish light. Flight line personnel, the officer of the day and Base Operations staff all looked on in amazement, as the plane made a perfect dead-stick landing. Inside they found Lt. Wilson still unconscious! He was rushed to a hospital. When he regained consciousness, he noted that his shrapnel wound was almost completely healed! Furthermore, base staff informed him that his plane still had the same amount of fuel as when he was hit and radioed in his fuel level. The Lieutenant quickly got out of bed and secured a copy of the reports on his highly-unusual experience. Shortly thereafter the original reports disappeared, and no one at the base would talk about his miraculous return.

".......The fuselage was surrounded by a strange greenish light...."

re. Wilson and Project Pounce...

He would go on to become appointed executive officer of Project Pounce. Created in the final days of December, 1980, Project Pounce is an elite group of Air Force Black Berets and military scientists who rush to the scene of any UFO crashes, cordon off the area, retrieve the extraterrestrial spacecraft and any occupants, then "sanitize" the crash site back to its pre-crash appearance, and intimidate any outside witnesses into silence.

Don't know if the reported 'strange greenish light' and what happened could have anything to do with or any link with the green 'fireballs' ...?

Or what (on earth or beyond) it could all mean come to that....but this was the first link I clicked onto to do with Project Pounce

and it blew my mind, if it is all true.