Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs with Speeds up to 27,000 MPH

TheMacGuffin

I'm very impressed with her book, but as I have said, I heard about these cases long ago, before they became public.

Leslie Kean is going to get attacked regardless of what she does because she found many important witnesses who came forward with information about UFOs. Anyone who does that is going to get attacked very ruthlessly. There are no exceptions.

I recall seeing the DIA documents about the Tehran (1976) and Peru (1980) cases long before they were being discussed in public. Some people on here deliberately distorted what I said about that as well. It's unbelievable the lengths they will go to with military UFO witnsses--very ruthless and dishonest with them.

A lot of people like it, in fact Boon suggested it to me, so I downloaded it, but I was not as impressed. And one of the reasons is that which you have stated, she tends to regurgitate a lot, and try to put a scincey spin on it, but IMHO, fails.

If having a Facebook page makes her paranoid and unreliable, then she certainly has plenty of company.

Sorry I worded that badly, I was not intending the comments to Ms Kean, but Quillius, the paranoid bit is a bit of an "in" joke.

I have never heard of radioactive "plasmas" or "meteorites", but these were.

The Neagari Meteorite in Japan displayed low levels of radioactivity, but admittedly, it is the only one I know of.

It fell on the boot of a car, and by a rather large coincidence, the car was a "Subaru", "Subaru" is the Japanese word for "Pleiades".

One thing that has me wondering is Pallasite meteorites............ they contain gems such as Olivine Crystal and Peridot.

• Like 2

At Mt. Palomar Observatory, they registered on the cosmic ray detectors over ten days--multiple times--so whatever radiation they were emitting must have been similar to that. I think that's an important clue about what the UFOs really were

Mt. Palomar, Oct 1949 ; Detection of UFOs by Geiger Counter Equipment

and perhaps what was powering them.

:rolleyes:

"The sound is coming from a Geiger counter, Which detect radioactive radiation."

http://www.hessdalen.org/station/stream3.shtml

This is what really happened with the Mt. Palomar UFOs on many occasions in 1949-50, The Blue Book explanation of faulty equipment was completely false, but that's not unusual. They made those up as they went along. In reality there was a secret military and Atomic Energy Commission study of UFOs going on at this time and Blue Book had nothing to do with it.

4 October 1949 13:20

Mt. Palomar, California , USA

19491014.jpg

Perfect "V of V's" formation of 16-18 silver objects was seen near Palomar Observatory. Later a single dark object was sighted, accompanied by 21 off-scale readings of a cosmic-ray detecting Geiger counter. Incidents continued over the next ten days.

Observatory Manager of Public Relations Harley C. Marshall was driving away from the Observatory when he saw a perfect "V of V's" formation of about 16-18 silver round objects without tails or wings traveling overhead at high speed to the northwest. They were emitting a sound like jets "but not quite the same". The apparent location of the sound noticeably lagged behind the visual location of objects in the sky by about 35°-40°. He stopped his car and observed the objects disappear behind cloud cover that extended from the horizon to about 45° elevation.

Marshall phoned Assistant Superintendent-Electrical B. B. Traxler who was on duty. At about 1:20 pm Traxler also saw one dark unidentified object traveling to the southwest while checking the cosmic-ray Geiger counter recording equipment. He saw the needle jump off the scale for several seconds.

For the next ten days, another 21 incidents of off-scale cosmic-ray detector incidents occurred at scattered times, fitting a periodic 1.5-hour time schedule. This phenomenon was not seen before or after.

Unexplainable equipment failure or radio interference from aircraft was also observed. Several Navy aircraft of differing prop and jet types were flown near Palomar Observatory using radio, altimeter and radars on October 21 and November 2 in an unsuccessful effort to trigger the Geiger counter. Ruppelt's account of this story makes it clear that this instrumentation was part of a secret AEC monitoring program. (Traxler, B B; Marshall, Harley C).

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthecid.com%2Fufo%2Fuf18%2Fuf6%2F186466.htm&ei=EuDGUPzYFqqK0QGnpoCwCA&usg=AFQjCNHGmEBIpjGpYBfDhAbEoQiTh63yLA&sig2=uYmLQG3eeok3yJhEziOtLA

Edward Ruppelt later flew out to California to interview some of the scientists involved in the UFO investigation.

I hated to fly clear to the west coast on what might be a wild-goose chase, but I did. I couldn't afford to run the risk of losing an opportunity to turn that old recurrent rumor into fact.

Twenty hours later I met the two people at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. We talked for several hours that night, and I got the details on the rumor and a lot more that I hadn't bargained for. Both of my informants were physicists working for the Atomic Energy Commission, and were recognized in their fields. They wanted no publicity and I promised them that they would get none. One of the men knew all the details behind the rumor, and did most of the talking. To keep my promise of no publicity, I'll call him the "scientist."

The rumor version of the UFO-radiation story that had been kicking around in Air Force and scientific circles for so long had been correct in detail but it was by no means complete. The scientist said that after the initial sighting had taken place word was spread at the research lab that the next time the instruments registered abnormal amounts of radiation, some of the personnel were to go outside immediately and look for some object in the sky.

About three weeks after the first incident a repetition did occur. While excessive radiation was registering on the instruments in the lab, a lone dark object was seen streaking across the sky. Again the instruments were checked but, as before, no malfunction was found.

After this second sighting, according to the scientist, an investigation was started at the laboratory. The people who made the visual observations weren't sure that the object they had seen couldn't have been an airplane. Someone thought that perhaps some type of radar equipment in the airplane, if that's what the object was, might have affected the radiation-detection equipment. So arrangements were made to fly all types of aircraft over the area with their radar in operation. Nothing unusual happened. All possible types of airborne research equipment were traced during similar flights in the hope that some special equipment not normally carried in aircraft would be found to have caused the jump in radiation. But nothing out of the ordinary occurred during these tests either.

The "rock hounds" checked every possible research project that might have produced some stray radiation for their instruments to pick up. They found nothing. They checked and rechecked their instruments, but could find no factor that might have induced false readings. They let other scientists in on their findings, hoping that these outsiders might be able to put their fingers on errors that had been overlooked.

Now, more than a year after the occurrence of the mysterious incidents that they had recorded, a year spent in analyzing their data, the "rock hounds" had no answer.

By the best scientific tests that they had been able to apply, the visual sightings and the high radiation had taken place more or less simultaneously.

How did incidents that were not green, and not fireballs manage to get classified as green fireballs?

• Like 1

I hope someone can help shed some light here..........

we discuss plasma as having many elements that UFO's do. Ranging from manouverability and/or sometimes appearing as a metalic solid object...

lets look at this answer by Erling Strand:

9/ In a recent interview, you have stated that “…you have had several daytime observations, where you have seen flying discs, etc…”Even if not related to the HP, could you please provide more details on such sightings? I have had only three daytime observations, so the word “several” is wrong. I have however seen several unexplainable “things”, – such which goes into another category than HP or ufo. Two of those three observations was a flying disc. The third was a “black hole”. I did not get the impression that I was looking onto a black object, it was more like a hole into something completely black. This “black hole” changed size all the time.

Thanks Erling for this interview and you success with your Project Hessdalen

my question is this....why does Erling Strand not treat the flying discs he witnessed as possibly the HP? since the HP can take the shape of a saucer etc etc.........

at the moment I tend to think its a bit premature to try and link solid flying objects (not just light sources) as plasma when there is obviously some distinct differences between metalic particles collecting and appearing as a solid object versus some of the flying objects witnessed around the world. At least an expert in the HP thinks there is a difference......

Edited by quillius
  • Like 2

How did incidents that were not green, and not fireballs manage to get classified as green fireballs?

That's why I put "Green Fireballs" in quotes, because only some of them were, and this turned out to be an investigation of all kinds of UFOs.

That term "Green Fireballs" is no more accurate than "flying saucer".

The Neagari Meteorite in Japan displayed low levels of radioactivity, but admittedly, it is the only one I know of.

It fell on the boot of a car, and by a rather large coincidence, the car was a "Subaru", "Subaru" is the Japanese word for "Pleiades".

One thing that has me wondering is Pallasite meteorites............ they contain gems such as Olivine Crystal and Peridot.

No wonder it's so hard to find a Pleiadian. I never thought to look in a Subaru. :lol:

• Like 1

A lot of people like it, in fact Boon suggested it to me, so I downloaded it, but I was not as impressed. And one of the reasons is that which you have stated, she tends to regurgitate a lot, and try to put a scincey spin on it, but IMHO, fails.

We have fired on UFOs many times or at least attempted to, and I knew that decades ago. We have many cases on record of UFOs being chased and acting in a very evasive manner, speeding up and outmaneuvering our planes. That much is easy to prove based on the declassified records.

Whether we ever had anything that could shoot them down is another story. I have said many times that we have lost planes and pilots trying to do so.

• Like 1

We have fired on UFOs many times or at least attempted to, and I knew that decades ago. We have many cases on record of UFOs being chased and acting in a very evasive manner, speeding up and outmaneuvering our planes. That much is easy to prove based on the declassified records.

Whether we ever had anything that could shoot them down is another story. I have said many times that we have lost planes and pilots trying to do so.

Hey Mac ,

Is there any official records of planes crashing chasing after suspected UFO's , I have no doubt they wouldn't classify it as a UFO chase but give it some other explanation , have you read or researched any ufo sightings and plane crashes that can be put in the same area at the same time ?

TiP.

Hey Mac ,

Is there any official records of planes crashing chasing after suspected UFO's , I have no doubt they wouldn't classify it as a UFO chase but give it some other explanation , have you read or researched any ufo sightings and plane crashes that can be put in the same area at the same time ?

TiP.

The Mantell Incident is the classic one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantell_UFO_incident
  • Like 1

I hope someone can help shed some light here..........

we discuss plasma as having many elements that UFO's do. Ranging from manouverability and/or sometimes appearing as a metalic solid object...

lets look at this answer by Erling Strand:

9/ In a recent interview, you have stated that “…you have had several daytime observations, where you have seen flying discs, etc…”Even if not related to the HP, could you please provide more details on such sightings? I have had only three daytime observations, so the word “several” is wrong. I have however seen several unexplainable “things”, – such which goes into another category than HP or ufo. Two of those three observations was a flying disc. The third was a “black hole”. I did not get the impression that I was looking onto a black object, it was more like a hole into something completely black. This “black hole” changed size all the time.

Thanks Erling for this interview and you success with your Project Hessdalen

my question is this....why does Erling Strand not treat the flying discs he witnessed as possibly the HP? since the HP can take the shape of a saucer etc etc.........

at the moment I tend to think its a bit premature to try and link solid flying objects (not just light sources) as plasma when there is obviously some distinct differences between metalic particles collecting and appearing as a solid object versus some of the flying objects witnessed around the world. At least an expert in the HP thinks there is a difference......

I would agree with him. We do not know if the phenomena he has observed is restricted to Hessdalen, and from the many reports, it would seem not. Yet the constant UAP that re viewed at Hessdalen do seem to be connected by some unknown factor then keeps a specific aspect bound to that part of the country. He does not say that he thinks the UAP are even physical, he only states this is one form that he has only observed three times, and being metallic in appearance differs form phenomena seen more regularly.

But how different is it? Is the difference only aesthetic? I think that is the question.

That's why I put "Green Fireballs" in quotes, because only some of them were, and this turned out to be an investigation of all kinds of UFOs.

That term "Green Fireballs" is no more accurate than "flying saucer".

I am sure it is the source of confusion, I know it confuses me from time to time.

And interesting to see how the evolution happened from just green fireballs into much more. Thanks for making us all aware of this aspect.

Edited by psyche101

Hey Mac ,

TiP.

One of the classic cases was the F-94 crash in Walesville, NY, when the UFO disabled the fighter that was sent after it and the plane crashed, killing some people in the ground. There are quite a few cases from the 1950s, when Eisenhower had Air Defense Command get very aggressive with the UFOs.

If there is some kind of Cold War with UFOs, I have always suspected that there was an escalation at that time, for whatever reason. As far as I have ever been able to determine, the UFOs over Washington in the summer of 1952 seems to have provoked a more aggressive response from the US military.

If you look at a lot of the UFO reports from that time, they aren't even going to Blue Book at all, or at least only as an afterthought, they are going to the Pentagon and to Air Defense Command.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nicap.org%2F540702walesville_dir.htm&ei=mRbIUOvQHITW8gSXnIDwAw&usg=AFQjCNF11ttxMNmx17a1lox8MzHVrVpsvg&sig2=1WYp7qt9-W7zIWzjmjnDzg&bvm=bv.1354675689,d.eWU

I also get the impression that at this time there were requests from lower down the military chain of command to start getting more aggressive with these UFOs. Even during the "green fireballs" investigation, there were requests from the military for permission to open fire on them, and shortly after this Gen. William Mathaney came up with his plan to "pounce" the UFOs.

There seems to have been a debate going on behind the scenes over whether there was any way to shoot them down, given their speed and maneuverability, but I suspect that by 1953 they had a really clear directive from Eisenhower to shoot them down if they kept up all these airspace violations and didn't respond the radio messages.

I have always thought that they were listening in on our own communications, but getting any kind of response was very unusual.

I recall one case from the 1950s where a UFO seemed to know the name of the pilot that was chasing it and actually said it a couple times on the radio, in a very creepy voice.

There is footage, Stone carvings and many other mediums throughout our past as a species up until the present, the explanation lies in thousands of documented accounts over thousands of years, the answers lie in our religions.

If you are really interested in this check this out, a clip from my collected research material.

Nasa footage on request, hit me up?

I would agree with him. We do not know if the phenomena he has observed is restricted to Hessdalen, and from the many reports, it would seem not. Yet the constant UAP that re viewed at Hessdalen do seem to be connected by some unknown factor then keeps a specific aspect bound to that part of the country. He does not say that he thinks the UAP are even physical, he only states this is one form that he has only observed three times, and being metallic in appearance differs form phenomena seen more regularly.

But how different is it? Is the difference only aesthetic? I think that is the question.

dont get this Psyche?....he says that what he observed doesnt come into the HP, I am sure he doesnt mean location wise.......so the question is why would he not consider it to be the HP?

I dont think it differs because of those seen regularly otherwise no metalic appearance would constitute the HP, but it does rare or not

There is footage, Stone carvings and many other mediums throughout our past as a species up until the present, the explanation lies in thousands of documented accounts over thousands of years, the answers lie in our religions.

If you are really interested in this check this out, a clip from my collected research material.

[media=]

[/media]

Nasa footage on request, hit me up?

They are having a fascinating discussion in the ancient aliens thread. You should check it out and stuff.

dont get this Psyche?....he says that what he observed doesnt come into the HP, I am sure he doesnt mean location wise.......so the question is why would he not consider it to be the HP?

I dont think it differs because of those seen regularly otherwise no metalic appearance would constitute the HP, but it does rare or not

Why is HP called HP?

I think what he is seeing is something he considers wider than HP, and quite possibly another form of UAP. The appearance also gives the indication of the UFO phenomena, therefore worldwide, and not restricted to Hessdalen.

But then again, after more information, he may label this HP type 2. It's all pretty much up on the air ATM. Pun intended :D

They are having a fascinating discussion in the ancient aliens thread. You should check it out and stuff.

Thanks mate. <_<

What is a "HP" again?

Itz a puter :D

Itz a printer!

Or Hessdalen Phenomena ;)

• Like 1