Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Motorway built around a house

Still Waters

A lone apartment building stands in the middle of a newly built road after an elderly couple refused to relocate.

Luo Baogen and his wife insist on living in the half-demolished building in the city of Wenling, in Zhejiang province, China because they believe that the relocation compensation offered by the government is not enough.

Now the only building left standing, the five storey block is a strange sight as cars drive around it while the couple remain living inside.

http://www.dailymail...fuse-China.html

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Ashotep

• Ever Learning

• Overdueleaf

i bet coming and leaving that building is difficult.. i dont think look both ways before you cross the street covers this scenario

I don't think I could handle living in that building but I got to hand it to them for standing their ground.

*Snip*

A lone apartment building stands in the middle of a newly built road after an elderly couple refused to relocate.

Luo Baogen and his wife insist on living in the half-demolished building in the city of Wenling, in Zhejiang province, China because they believe that the relocation compensation offered by the government is not enough.

Now the only building left standing, the five storey block is a strange sight as cars drive around it while the couple remain living inside.

To ensure the couple’s safety, adjacent rooms in the building have been left intact but all their neighbours have moved out, according to local media.

The road paved through the Xiazhangyang village leads to the Wenling railway station and is yet to be officially opened.

*Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted images & reduced amount of copied text

where are they going to grow their rice now?

sounds weird.. why didnt they just build the highway around the house?? looks like there is land on the side to have made a slight detour..

Wow. Weird.

Crossing the street is going to be a b****.

Source on the article - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2236746/Road-built-building-couple-refuse-China.html

It seems the owners of the property were not offered enough to move.. I can see why they decided to sit their ground