Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant owl sparks neighbourhood feud

Still Waters

A row has broken out between neighbours over an owl that started making regular visits to one family's lounge.

The massive Eurasian eagle owl, nicknamed ‘Eyeballs’ by locals, was captured last Wednesday by owl experts after residents said they lived in fear, claiming the bird of prey had attacked people and pets in the small rural town of Northam, Devon.

But the man whose house Eyeballs visited disagreed with the capture, involving the police as he questioned the legality of the bird's capture, saying it was just being friendly and playful.

http://www.dailymail...lys-lounge.html

Beautiful bird!

• Like 1

Owls are beautiful but they are predators, they could catch a small pet but I still think they should of left it alone.

"Locals nicknamed him Eyeballs after his enormous orange eyes and put out scraps to entice him into their gardens."this quote taken from the article...sounds like it was more thatn one man who was luring this beautiful bird.... I am with quite contrary on this one.... i bet that first encounter was a doozy

Edited by Overdueleaf

Stunning animal . I don't think he did anything they're saying. People suck .

Why did some people claim, that it's dangerous, if it hasn't been dangerous until now? Very beautiful bird btw.

If that bird's as big as the article reports, then I've a sneaking suspicion that it's a female. Also, Eagle Owls don't 'screech'. If they consider themselves to be threatened, they will hiss or growl.

Gorgeous bird. People need to learn to leave wildlife alone. It causes problems when people think they can mess with them.