Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Female Heroine's of Christian Religion

monk 56

How the hell did males get to dominate the Christian religion, the scriptures tell us that women wept at the base of the crucifixion, very dangerous, Romans were just as likely to throw them to the lions!

http://en.wikipedia....the_crucifixion

Where were the male disciples? Probably hiding under their beds!

Actually they WERE hiding under the beds.

As for why the women have gotten the short end of the stick it's down to power politics in the Dung Ages.

• Like 1

I hope that I live long enough to see the first female Pope.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

Mainstream religion, by definition, is mysogynistic. It's a horrible construct where you can't invite more than half of the people into the fold.

Edited by Likely Guy

How the hell did males get to dominate the Christian religion, the scriptures tell us that women wept at the base of the crucifixion, very dangerous, Romans were just as likely to throw them to the lions!

http://en.wikipedia....the_crucifixion

Where were the male disciples? Probably hiding under their beds!

what are you talking about? the women that jesus personally knew wept at the base of crucifixion, not all women. i know loads more amazing female christians than i do male, its not as if the males were promoted to plushy positions. what worldy gains do you see any of the apostles in the bible getting? men are so more worse of in the bible than women, people often only concentrate on "women submit to your husbands" but forget the greater task of "husbands loves your wifes more than your self and as much as jesus loved the church". husbands are not meant to be tyrants, they are meant to be worthy of there wifes affections.

so the question is....... would you be my wife and submit to me, if i put your needs first, if i would sooner take my own life than hurt you myself, and never feel like our marrige is a losing battle and well worth prematurely aging myself protecting it.

who cares about if women have places in the catholic church? i dont think god wants man or women in it.

Edited by Armchair Educated
  • Like 1

Christianity will take various expressions depending on which culture is is being applied to. The Chinese version of Christianity might look nothing like the way it is done in Appalachia. This would include how a Christian feels about gender, politics, and other issues.

To claim it is the fault of religion is not assessing the issue accurately. In fact many Roman women chose Christianity because it was the most liberating to their gender. That is right, women had more power in the early Christian church than in the pagan systems Rome also had.

Now religion can alter society but in most cases it is society that decides how religion will express itself. Every society that chooses the Bible will focus on different aspects of it and that too will alter the expression.

But in the case of the Moors conquering Spain or the Catholics taking it back. One could say such and such religion took over and changed everything. Again the assessment is off because underlying this is the actual fact that one society took over another period.

• Like 2