Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does anyone still use AIM anymore?

MetallicBlood

I was thinking about this today, but does anyone still use AIM anymore? I remember I used to love AIM (back when everyone did) and I first started using it way back in middle school and I kept using it all throughout high school.

But I remember right after high school they tried changing everything about it and they just made it suck! So I said to hell with this and switched to Yahoo and never looked back, and all my friends eventually did the same thing.

I haven't touched AIM since like '05/06.

I do. Not many people have my username. I only use it to talk to two people. One of them I rarely talk to. |:

• Like 1

We have other messenger options like MSN and Yahoo (and lest not forget Skype) instead of only AIM. I have yahooIM and I hardly use it, despite the high number of forum friends I talk to in live chat...but I rather not on YIM, except they accept my friend requests. I don't hit the forums as much like I used to and I'm pretty much finished with message boards I formerly attended as a reg or lurked.

I've stopped using MSN messenger which was the big one in my time a while ago. I mainly use Facebook (not the best choice for that I know), Steam and Skype.

Advanced Idea Mechanics? No way man there a group of evil scientists. You should stay away from them.

I did for some time--long after most people had stopped using it, I'm sure. Random sex workers kept IMing me, and I eventually got bored and annoyed enough to just stop using it altogether. Just texting for me now.

Edited by Cybele

I use it as a means to chat with my friends on Facebook since the site itself is blocked for me at work, but since AIM and Facebook chat are linked (as are Facebook chat and Yahoo Messenger) I can chat through it. The only thing I don't like is that if my friend is showing offline, I can't leave them an offline message and the main screen cannot be minimized to the bottom right of the screen, it can only be minimized. I tried the Yahoo/FB combination, but it became unreliable. Perhaps if I try to update my Yahoo and reconnect them I won't need AIM at all.

Ya same here man! I used it primarily in middle school, around 06-07.I agree they butchered an otherwise awesome layout for aim and it just sort of died off

Have heard of AIM a couple of times in the past, but never used it. Am always prefering msn!