Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sasquatch DNA Study Announcement

Socio

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: I don't know why I find that pic so damn amusing DieChecker, but I do, and shames me greatly to admit it. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Only took me like 10 minutes using the Paint program on every single windows computer. Getting the one "behind" him was a little hard, because the bigfoot was so small and the angle of the arm was hard to judge by eye.

Fun.

Edited by DieChecker

I could watch Mr. Jackson chase moths off a plane.

mothsonaplane.jpg

• Like 3

Hahaha

Tagline: "Who knew killing moths could be so damn cool! And so darn bloody!"

Edited by QuiteContrary

Last I remember they were using their own bigfoot hair to train the beagle. But that was like 3 years ago?? If they had elk, or bison or bear hair, then they unfortunately were training their dogs to go after those animals. Maybe they found their "bigfoot trained" dog kept going after bear, or whatever and gave up??

The same page is still up, with the same claim. Funny thing, after all this time it still does not seem to have any comments. There is a link, and that seems to be broken.

LINK

Cute puppy!

That project died. The original plan was to have the beagle chase biff down in a plane, but for some reason as soon as they would put the goggles on the dog it would just go sit on top of its doghouse...

:tu: :tu:

THAT was freaking awesome :D

Better answer than I could have hoped for. :D :D

Edited by psyche101

Perhaps the rejection news was too soon? Hopefully something that is not a leak will state what is actually going on.

New leak from Sykes study suggests that Sykes agrees with Ketchum that there is a new hominid in North America!

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/bigfoot-news-december-11-2012/

Perhaps the rejection news was too soon? Hopefully something that is not a leak will state what is actually going on.

New leak from Sykes study suggests that Sykes agrees with Ketchum that there is a new hominid in North America!

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/bigfoot-news-december-11-2012/

The leak comes from someone who appears to be close to Ketchum’s study.

Her whole claim is starting to look like a "wish-sandwich".

cormac

Honestly, there was a leak that Ketchum's findings were rejected during peer review, and now a leak that perhaps that may not be the case?

I'd be happy with some official report, regardless of the results, rather then leaks.

Her whole claim is starting to look like a "wish-sandwich".

cormac

Looked that way starting 5 years ago to me...." Bigfoot Steak ", that was the most laughable thing ever.

• Like 1

Looked that way starting 5 years ago to me...." Bigfoot Steak ", that was the most laughable thing ever.

Looks like I saved myself some time. :lol: I usually don't involve myself with genetics studies which are quite obviously not going to pan out.

cormac

Looks like I saved myself some time. :lol: I usually don't involve myself with genetics studies which are quite obviously not going to pan out.

cormac

I find it aggravating that these people actually make money off of this. I thought scamming was illegal?

I wish someone would put funding towards prosecuting these people. ( but again, channels like Animal Planet / History, etc. would be defendants.)

I don't think Ketchum is out quite yet. Can't you simply reorganize and edit your paper and resubmit for Peer Review? We don't know why they refused it, do we? Officially? Anyway, isn't it being sent to Russia then to be Published? We all know the level of stuff that gets actually published in Russia, so it will likely see the light of day there.

I for one would like to read it.

• Like 1

I find it aggravating that these people actually make money off of this. I thought scamming was illegal?

I wish someone would put funding towards prosecuting these people. ( but again, channels like Animal Planet / History, etc. would be defendants.)

post-74391-0-96679400-1355343833_thumb.j

Sad, but true.

cormac

• Like 1

Honestly, there was a leak that Ketchum's findings were rejected during peer review, and now a leak that perhaps that may not be the case?

I'd be happy with some official report, regardless of the results, rather then leaks.

This how she keeps her freak show rolling along for all these years.

Edited by evancj

I don't think Ketchum is out quite yet. Can't you simply reorganize and edit your paper and resubmit for Peer Review? We don't know why they refused it, do we? Officially? Anyway, isn't it being sent to Russia then to be Published? We all know the level of stuff that gets actually published in Russia, so it will likely see the light of day there.

I for one would like to read it.

I'll keep an eye out on Pravda for you ;)

the paper failed peer review.

end of story.

Peer review exists so that people cannot publish claims without properly collected and analyzed data.

She had no properly collected and analyzed data. End of story.

Occam's Razor would support exactly what you are saying. We can speculate all we like, but at the end of the day there is no properly collected and analyzed data. If Bigfoots are real and they are ever to be categorized by science, then they and their supporters are going to have to play by the same rules that every other animal found by every other researcher ever in the history of Biology has had to follow.

Anything else - this recent episode is a perfect example - is an EPIC science FAIL.

• Like 1

We all know what the believers are going to say about the peer review rejecting Melba's findings "the soulless minions of orthodoxy are again hiding the truth"

Because nothing panders to a persecution complex then being told "it's rubbish" by someone in a position of authority.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in a grey area with this phenomena. I'm not one to quickly debunk but not too sure to believe. after all, the Saola aka Asian Unicorn was discovered in the jungles of southeast asia in the 1990's. Westerners never knew about it until then but the locals always knew of it's existence. It could be possible a Bigfoot exist.

I'm in a grey area with this phenomena. I'm not one to quickly debunk but not too sure to believe. after all, the Saola aka Asian Unicorn was discovered in the jungles of southeast asia in the 1990's. Westerners never knew about it until then but the locals always knew of it's existence. It could be possible a Bigfoot exist.

Were people reporting seeing those all around the world?...Hundreds if not thousands of reports a year?

Or were they stumbled across in a remote area, and only live there?

Oh damn you. For some reason after reading that I have the image of a steak in my mind, my brain going over and over it how it would be. For some reason I just see hairy meat. Yuck. Yea I know that makes no sense!

There's two things in the world you can't fix; stupidity and poverty.

So...this is a very stunning find and one that will reshape the scientific mind and community (if it's true, of course)

So why isn't this a bigger deal?

Because the entire world of Bigfoot seeking groups is packed full of liars, charlatans, con men, and people who simply get off duping others. Anyone with an ounce of actual credibility would be smart to stay completely away from it until such time as real evidence comes forward. Then what will happen all the guys with piles of letters after their names will take over and suddenly become the "world's fore most authority". Oh and the people who have all the TV shows, radio shows, websites and such will need to get real jobs. Hey! I don't make the rules, the world does. I just live here.

I don't trust scientific studies until they are published.

Unless published in Russia.

• Like 1