Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Private moon mission to be announced ?

Saru

Former NASA astronauts and engineers may be preparing to announce a private mission to the moon.

Cryptic tweets and posts from the websites NASASpaceFlight. com and NASA Watch, neither of which is affiliated with NASA, said former NASA astronauts and engineers would soon announce such a venture.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Chooky88

• Wickian

• Gary Meadows

What about all them aliens guarding the secret moon city?

They are not going to be pleased..

This will probably cause all kind of headaches for the government, but private space missions are a very good idea.

Private companies are the way to go. Won't let themselves get ripped off by paying $500. For a bolt etc

What a spot-on first comment. Great example of how a business naturally HAS to make more efficient decisions than a bureaucracy does. NASA expects yearlly allowences to spend, private industries don't.

Not to bash on NASA... if it wasn't for that money pit in the 60's and 70's we wouldn't be blessed with the technology we have now, nor would the private space industry be as far as they are today. (opinion)

The problem is that NASA is a part of the military that is why we have had a dog and poney show for the pass fifty years. Fingers cross that the private sector can make the long over do brake out in man spaceflight.

What about all them aliens guarding the secret moon city?

They are not going to be pleased..

Forget the Secret Moon Cities the entire Moon Landing was a Hoax done in a Hollywood Studio

well now they can check for old boot prints and send pics back for all the conspiracy theorists.

next we'll work on the flat earthers.

I bet the government will try to charge people to land on the moon.

And try to make money off of it.

Ah yes, private industry always does so much better at everything.. Here in Australia, we've seen electricity, telecommunications, water, etc all get privatised. And now the services are sooo much better, and sooo much cheaper...{/sarcasm} :(

The things is, any large organisation develops inefficiencies - the only thing worse than a large government organisation is a commercial one, imo..

In the case of space exploration I have no problem with private investment, but in the case of essential services (like electricity, telecoms, water), I don't like it. Perhaps we should privatise police and fire services? Some things are better not monopolised, nor run to make a profit for shareholders, imo...

FTR, I think NASA's Apollo project was exceptionally well run, perhaps partly because of the very bad start it got off to (Apollo 1). It may have been one of the last well run and efficient largely-government projects...

Ah yes, private industry always does so much better at everything.. Here in Australia, we've seen electricity, telecommunications, water, etc all get privatised. And now the services are sooo much better, and sooo much cheaper...{/sarcasm} :(

The things is, any large organisation develops inefficiencies - the only thing worse than a large government organisation is a commercial one, imo..

In the case of space exploration I have no problem with private investment, but in the case of essential services (like electricity, telecoms, water), I don't like it. Perhaps we should privatise police and fire services? Some things are better not monopolised, nor run to make a profit for shareholders, imo...

FTR, I think NASA's Apollo project was exceptionally well run, perhaps partly because of the very bad start it got off to (Apollo 1). It may have been one of the last well run and efficient largely-government projects...

Well i agree on the water, electricity part, mine went from $300 to $850 without any warning. And believe me, there was a long, probably not best worded call to to the supplier i was with at the time... But i think private industry in space exploration is the way to go.

Private companies are the way to go. Won't let themselves get ripped off by paying $500. For a bolt etc

No black ops to fund just CEOs :)

Forget the Secret Moon Cities the entire Moon Landing was a Hoax done in a Hollywood Studio

Right just like the Big-Foot Pilot that broke the speed of B.S. ! THe Government has no business in Private Moon exploration ! IMO ! :alien::tsu: