Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Foster children taken from couple...

TheLastLazyGun

I wonder if the EU had some part to play in the disgusting and disturbing action by Rotherham Council:

A council that broke up a foster family because the parents were members of the UK Independence Party (Ukip) was strongly criticised by the Education Secretary today for its 'indefensible' decision.

Education Secretary Michael Gove said social workers at the council had made 'the wrong decision in the wrong way for the wrong reasons' and that he would be personally investigating and exploring steps to 'deal with' the situation.

The married couple claimed they had their foster children taken away from them for joining the political party by Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council.The council has also launched an investigation into why the three youngsters were removed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2D9a5hl6L

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Yep, i love this "democracy" its 100 times worse that communism.

Its not that this is an isolated case, its bugs me that there are people who have to power to do this, and the same people are the backbone of the democracy in that particular country.

Yes heard this on the news earlier. So now it's racist to want to leave the E.U. & have better control of your boarders...amazing.

Biggest non-surprise of the story, the local authority is a labour run council ...Quelle surprise!

Fail . I could see them doing that here,if foster parents belonged to occupy wallstreet

they'll sue the council and win. and lets hope the decision makers get the sack. plenty of people out there

with common sense wanting a job.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

well you wouldnt put a black kid with a bnp supporter so fair play to the council

Erm, well no you probably wouldn't, but how does that have any bearing whatsoever on this? :huh:

& how is it 'fair play' to the (inept) council?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Erm, well no you probably wouldn't, but how does that have any bearing whatsoever on this? :huh:

& how is it 'fair play' to the (inept) council?

because they took immigrant children from a couple who support a party that hates immigrants the bearing is clear.

because they took immigrant children from a couple who support a party that hates immigrants the bearing is clear.

Okay so you're saying you 100% agree with every policy of every party you've ever voted for?

Politics is like a chore for most people, you pick the one that you dislike the least.

How the hell can you conclude that the parents hate immigrants?

• Like 1

Okay so you're saying you 100% agree with every policy of every party you've ever voted for?

Politics is like a chore for most people, you pick the one that you dislike the least.

How the hell can you conclude that the parents hate immigrants?

because they support ukip as i said before if you knew a foster parent was a member of the bnp you wouldnt put a black kid with them its the same thing .

because they support ukip as i said before if you knew a foster parent was a member of the bnp you wouldnt put a black kid with them its the same thing .

The children had already been with the family for yrs, they were happy, well adjusted, no blight on any checkups/reports.

Loved children. Not abused/neglected or children in harms way.

THAT is what should have been the main focus.

• Like 1

you are totally wrong and thankfully you are on your own smurf0852. everyone has come out and condemned the councils decision - Labour leader Ed Miliband said: "What matters is children in Rotherham and elsewhere, and being a member of a political party like UKIP should not be a bar to fostering children. Conservative Education Secretary Michael Gove said: "Any council which decides that supporting a mainstream UK political party disbars an individual from looking after children in care is sending a dreadful signal that will only decrease the number of loving homes available to children in need."

Its funny how you see these foster carers as 'immigrant haters' because they support UKIP I would have thought that the very fact the foster parents agreed to take these children in indicates their attitude towards race and religion more than yours. and yet what of the kids who have been taken away. what sort of impact as this decision had on their lives. the mind boggles sometimes with these social workers. the head of the council was on the news defending the decision like she was right and the whole world was wrong. she'll soon see the error of her ways first thing Monday morning when her boss is on/in the phone/office

• Like 2

To be clear, before things get out of hand UKIP do not agree with current U.K. Immigration POLICIES. This does not automatically translate to them hating current immigrants in the U.K.

I believe this to be the position of the couple in question at any rate. I have no doubt that a party which is mobilised to alter immigrations policies is going to attract the "lunatic fringe" who think it is an opportunity to mainstream hatreds - that's unfortunate but does not reflect the purpose of the legitimate party as far as the couple or any of the spoke people who are members have said so far.

• Like 2

I think that statement pretty much nails yours understanding of what UKIP are about & as such any further comments by you on this topic can be discarded without reading.

What this story actually demonstrates or rather confirms is the way that the political left wing in this country cannot see the wood for the trees. The person that made this decision patently didn't have the interests of the children in mind, how could they. This was done purely on the basis of a twisted political ideology & the sooner people like this are stripped of the power they have to ruin lives the better for everyone.

p.s. :-

The Observer, Sunday 25 November 2012

Joyce Thacker, head of children's services in Rotherham Council, defends decision to take three children away from Ukip member foster parents

Published date: 28 September 2012

SEX GROOMING: We let down some young girls, says Rotherham Council

YOUNG Rotherham girls who were exploited for sex have been let down by the social services and the police it was admitted this week.

So the same Labour run council that turned a blind eye to gangs of asian pedophiles exploiting underage girls for god knows how many years are the same authority that make this decision & your response is 'fair play to them' !!!!!!!!

You seem to be as out of touch on this as they are.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

If UKIP hate immigrants so much why did a couple of them decide to adopt immigrants and have them living in their own home?

And if UKIP hates immigrants so much then why is UKIP leader NIgel Farage married to a German immigrant?

But, even so, there is nothing wrong with being concerned about immigration. Millions of British people are concerned about uncontrolled immigration and immigration is often shown in polls to be the biggest concern for the British people.

And before you continue to condemn anybody as "racist" just because they disagree with the dangerous policy of uncontrolled immigration just remember that Prime Minister Gordon Brown lost his job in the 2010 General Election when he was unwittingly heard over his microphone calling an old lady - a Labour supporter - a "bigot" just because she stopped him on the street and asked him what his party - who had a lamentable record on immigration - were going to do to control immigration. There was widespread anger over his disgusting remark and, needless to say, the lady decided not to vote for Labour at that election.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

If UKIP hate immigrants so much why did a couple of them decide to adopt immigrants and have them living in their own home?

And if UKIP hates immigrants so much then why is UKIP leader NIgel Farage married to a German immigrant?

But, even so, there is nothing wrong with being concerned about immigration. Millions of British people are concerned about uncontrolled immigration and immigration is often shown in polls to be the biggest concern for the British people.

And before you continue to condemn anybody as "racist" just because they disagree with the dangerous policy of uncontrolled immigration just remember that Prime Minister Gordon Brown lost his job in the 2010 General Election when he was unwittingly heard over his microphone calling an old lady - a Labour supporter - a "bigot" just because she stopped him on the street and asked him what his party - who had a lamentable record on immigration - were going to do to control immigration. There was widespread anger over his disgusting remark and, needless to say, the lady decided not to vote for Labour at that election.

they probalbly took them on because of the amout of money the goverment gives foster parents for taking them on .its much more than the goverment gives people who have there own children (you know the ones you compared to dogs) .

so looking after foster kids should mean unlimited funds but bringing up your own should be limited .thats a nice society you want .

t is deplorable that a couple who provided a good family home to these Children then lose them because of their Politics.Shame on the Council and these Social Workers should be fired immediately...

Go and live under a dictatorship, and then come back and say that.

they probalbly took them on because of the amout of money the goverment gives foster parents for taking them on .its much more than the goverment gives people who have there own children (you know the ones you compared to dogs) .

so looking after foster kids should mean unlimited funds but bringing up your own should be limited .thats a nice society you want .

Ah so that's why people become foster parents, i often wondered why!!

firstly it is about how the child is treated and not once has it said these children had been subjected to anything other than a normal happy loving home environment...these people have been treated like they are in the wrong which is just not true...i have fostered and believe me i never got a lot of money at all and i never did it for money ...the immigration problem is on the rise due to the dumb **** governments way of dealing with it and UKIP is as far as i can see trying to make it a more fair process....anyway none of there beliefs unless it directly harms the child should have nothing to do with fostering ...there is far too many kids needing homes and loving people to take care of them..this just ruins that ..the council involved should have a big massive shake up and those who made this decision should be fired x

I do not think a Couple's Politics should make any difference - unless it involves Child Abuse of any type.

By extension, then anyone who believes in the Principles that UKIP espouses is also under a cloud of suspicion... they (the Social Workers) become the new Concentration Camp Commandants in the eyes of these Social Services Idiots!!

Now... IF the Social Service workers themselves have a "hidden agenda" (and I suspect they do) then they are the ones who should be pilloried and stripped of their positions. WHAT is their Ethnicity, WHAT are their political leanings?? Important, and possibly difficult, questions that need to be asked, and answered

Edited by keithisco

firstly it is about how the child is treated and not once has it said these children had been subjected to anything other than a normal happy loving home environment...these people have been treated like they are in the wrong which is just not true...i have fostered and believe me i never got a lot of money at all and i never did it for money ...the immigration problem is on the rise due to the dumb **** governments way of dealing with it and UKIP is as far as i can see trying to make it a more fair process....anyway none of there beliefs unless it directly harms the child should have nothing to do with fostering ...there is far too many kids needing homes and loving people to take care of them..this just ruins that ..the council involved should have a big massive shake up and those who made this decision should be fired x

Yes, you are right - the amount of money you get from the state in no way compensates for all the extra money that is paid out by Foster Parents - the Theme Park tickets, the holidays, the extra - curricula activities etc etc

Its not that this is an isolated case, its bugs me that there are people who have to power to do this, and the same people are the backbone of the democracy in that particular country.

Democracy is not what they want us to believe!!! ;)

The most disappointing thing about this story is that it back-handedly opens the door for yet more casual talk of how all the UK's problems are caused by "immigration" (right-wing code for "not-white people").

The council's decision to take the kids away from this couple was outstandingly stupid and ill-advised.

It doesn't change the fact that UKIP is not a "mainstream party", it is a right-wing fringe, with many of the same ideals as the BNP, EDL et al - just with more presentable leaders and better skill at prevarication around their worrying policies.