Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dear God will you please take care of my dog

Still Waters

When Abbey, the beloved 14-year-old dog of the Scrivener family died, one little girl's grief was eased in the most touching of fashions.

Telling her parents that she wanted to write a letter to God, four-year-old Meredith dictated a note to her mother and together they traveled down to their post office in Brook Hollow, Texas to post it.

Two weeks later to their amazement, the family returned home to find a package wrapped in gold on their front porch addressed to 'Mer' and signed 'God, and one of his special angels.'

http://www.dailymail...rites-back.html

• Like 6

What a nice gesture. Goodness still exists, you just have to keep an eye out for it as it comes in many disguises.

• Like 4

What a lovely story, made me tear up!

• Like 4

I was expecting and planning ways I would find distaste and error in the sending of the message back to the kid, but just couldn't after reading the message, especially the end. Instead, I will go one step further in the opposite direction, and believe that God did write that letter, using the physical hand of another. Pen of man holding the ink of God (aka Love).

• Like 5

Heartwarming story, she didn't have to worry about it though, her dog is doing fine in the afterlife.

• Like 3

This is just beautiful. I really hope that the person who did this, is rewarded in some way in their life. Taking the time to make someone happy when they need it is a genuinely heartwarming thing.

Another person who has sent the human race 1 step further on the good side.

• Like 3

I was expecting and planning ways I would find distaste and error in the sending of the message back to the kid, but just couldn't after reading the message, especially the end. Instead, I will go one step further in the opposite direction, and believe that God did write that letter, using the physical hand of another. Pen of man holding the ink of God (aka Love).

It is amazing isn't it? The transformative power of putting love on a pedestal and making it God himself - love that is. Just look at how many people are touched and moved by someone taking special time to comfort a stranger, it is reaching a wide audience, all moved and touched by someone's unselfish act.

For the non-believers out there it comes to this - Love is "God" - just look what comes of putting it first.

For the believers (and I am one) I don't think God would mind one bit having this particular act done in his name (for a change).

• Like 4

How awesome. It's a good thing God didn't prosecute the postal worker for opening his mail .Federal offense and all :).

The little girl is gorgeous . She looks like an angel herself .

Years ago ,my uncle Joe told me a story he had heard . My uncle was very religious ,and slightly superstitious ,but he didn't believe in bullhockey stories ,but he believed this .

He said he knew a very poor family living near the auto shop he worked in Astoria . Somehow he knew the dad .

I suspect this was in the 60s ,but he told me ,the dad told him ,that for Xmas,he had no money for any presents . I have no idea how many kids they had ,but it was a nuclear family .

He dad told my uncle ,someone told him ,believe in Santa ,and your prayers will be answered . Just put packages under the tree .Empty boxes,and Santa will fill them .

He didn't believe it ,but his kids said to try . So they put empty boxes under the tree ,I don't know how many ,but this man swore to my uncle,the next day,Xmas day ,the boxes all had gifts in them .

I unfortunately never asked my uncle details of the story ,beyond this ,but hey ,who ever filled the boxes ,even if they were guilty of breaking and entering ,was pretty nice .

For the non-believers out there it comes to this - Love is "God" - just look what comes of putting it first.

I had never come up with the idea to reverse the words to give meaning to what is being said in a different light until now.

• Like 1

Awww the little darling... I am glad someone wrote back to make her feel happy and content..

I do the same for my daughter.. I have had to send reply letters from heaven when she wrote to Elvis and Superman... I also have to make up reply letters from Santa...I don't mind doing it.. It is worth seeing the looks on their faces....One day that innocence will fade..so I value it while I can

• Like 2