Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

80's, 90's, 2000's music, movie, and trends

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

East coast

West coast

Great loss :(

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I vividly remember the "naughties" (the name for the period of the 80s, 90s and double-0s) like the New Coke scheme of 1986, slap bracelets of the early 90s and when reggaeton broke into the music spotlight around 2004. My first 3 decades of life was memorable and a sense of nostalagia hits me whenever I play this from the New Kids of the Block and/or the Spice Girls, the flash in a pan bands might not topped the charts like Aerosmith (according to Billboard is the leading music band of all time).

New Kids of the Block- The Right Stuff (1991?)

Spice Girls - Spice up your Life (1998?)

• Like 2

In the news, the city of Angels broke out in the worst U.S. urban incidence of unrest in the 20th century in April 29-30, 1992 after four L.A.P.D. officers were acquitted of police brutality against Rodney King, the victim makes an appeal for peace and an end to the unrest.

And the bombing of the Federal government building in Oklahoma City on April 19(?), 1995 which killed over 170 people and the suspect Anthony McVeigh was later caught, tried for his terrorist act and executed in a federal prison.

• Like 2

The tragedy of my generation (I was 19 then and already graduated from high school) in April 20 (?), 1999 was the Columbine High school massacre in the Colorado suburb of Littleton outside Denver, the picturesque town was a scene of a tragedy of two gunmen killed 12 people and then took their own lives.

Awwe the lost boys and goonies were iconic. Nice posting :tu:

The Lost Boys ,and this movie \/ .Any song from either,I hear it,and I'm right there in the movie .

• Like 3

Excellent Thread!

Big Country

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 4

The band's name might be blocked by the forum word filter, but here it is: the moment of Zen in the history of rock music (and the band is still around). Most of the songs contain explicit lyrics, I try to find one the most appropriate to post on this forum.

(sorry...I removed it due to a swear word appeared in the soundtrack).

Edit: I found one more suitable to the forum without the foul language.

Edited by Tsa-La-Gie Oyate

and another...Oh Man, I really loved that band when I was in high school.

#! Edited by Tsa-La-Gie Oyate

[media=]

[/media]

Also Edward Scissorhands and The Breakfast Club. :D

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 1