Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

L.A. and Sou. Cal. 1950s/60s

Indiogene

Los Angeles in the 1950s! Go back in time to see what L.A. was like. and another film from the 1960s follows. Imagine living in L.A. at the time (I know my Mom grew up in the vicinity of L.A. area) but I wonder are things getting worse (or better) in L.A. and California (or America FTM) in 2012? Sure we use to have oil wells dot across the L.A. basin and millions moved to California at the time, but we have cleaned up the air & eased the racial tension. Times change, places change, and can people change. +

Southern California in the 1960s:

• Like 1

Another film of mid-century L.A./Sou. Cal. (the 1950s/60s) shown how much has changed, of course, and I bet there's an old film of your community somewhere on Youtube..

• 3 weeks later...

From AOL News: Everyone fled from this community.

Only the wealthy and famous lived in this exclusive community. But something drove them out and destroyed their homes.

The story of two abandoned neighborhoods in what is now land belonged to the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).

http://www.aol.com/v...nk2&pLid=241339

Edited by Tsa-La-Gie Oyate