Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Non-melting chocolate invented by Cadbury's

Still Waters

Food scientists working at Cadbury's research plant in Bournville, near Birmingham, claim their new Dairy Milk bars will remain solid even when left in 104F (40C) heat for three hours.

But the company, which was taken over by American food group Kraft two years ago, says it will only sell the product in warmer countries like India and Brazil because there is "no market" for it in the UK.

The decision was attacked by critics who accused Kraft of reneging on a promise to provide "British chocolate for British people" at the time of the controversial takeover.

http://www.telegraph...y-Cadburys.html

So are Brazil and India the hottest countries in the World?

The human body is 37.5c, unless in Brazil and India they differ from the rest of the World. This gives a whole new meaning to "s... ..... bricks"

• Like 1

I will be buying my wonka bar in the morning,I don`t want to miss out on this, wonder what the prize will be: 4 months worth of laxative.

There would be a market for it where I live here in the US.

This summer you couldn't walk out of the store and the chocolate would start to melt as soon as you left the air conditioning.

Milk was souring before the expiry date.

Hot. Bleh.

"because there is "no market" for it in the UK."

how do they know? i do not remember being asked.

Maybe what they mean is India and Brazil have more money than we do so can afford to buy it.

Ummm,if it doesn't melt ,how do you swallow it ? It remains chunky ? Gross .

And cadburys was sooooo good when I was a kid . Kraft is one of those companies where everything they make is chemical and genetically modified crap .

• Like 1

Great so it doesn't melt in the mouth either...

I think I will give this a miss, then again seeing as I only treat myself to one Dairy Milk bar a week I won't be missing out on much.

Who am I kidding, I need it, I want one now!!!

Edited by Junior Chubb

When I was in East Timor 2 years ago, the markets and local's sold sealed chocolate bars. I can only describe it as oily. It tasted like chocolate, but it wasn't all milk. Something in it stopped it from melting in the humid climate.

When I was in East Timor 2 years ago, the markets and local's sold sealed chocolate bars. I can only describe it as oily. It tasted like chocolate, but it wasn't all milk. Something in it stopped it from melting in the humid climate.

Yes, some plastics do not melt. I wonder what the heck they are making it out of? I will stick to the old fashioned chocolate, thank you very much!

Yes, some plastics do not melt. I wonder what the heck they are making it out of? I will stick to the old fashioned chocolate, thank you very much!

I thought M&M's had solved this problem.

oh m&m's melt. you just don't know it until the candy shell cracks

oh m&m's melt. you just don't know it until the candy shell cracks

My hands always turn the color of the candy shell.

Really depends on what it tastes like, I think. Some hard chocolate type candy is really good.

Less fat? No thankyou. I want the Whole Fat Choco Bar. The fatty-sugar-brain-stroke bar!!

Woow wooow I am happy for this and all and my mrs is absolutely wrapped, but serious nanotechnology and you use it to make non melting choclate :P

Haven't the Americans been doing this for years thats why there cholcolate taste's different to ours ?

they have ruined it...i love a goooey choccy bar that melts easily on my tongue.....hate chewing chocolate x

Imagine accidentally using that chocolate instead of cooking chocolate... The cakes, oh the horror!