Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Abortion and beliefs

markdohle

Sorry Dohle, this feels like a whole anti abortion brainwashing scam. The one thing you need to remember is it's HER body and you need to keep your nose out of HER business. So, unless you want to adopt the child or fund it's education and buy it food,clothing and pay for the medical bills, stay out of it.

• Like 1

There's no medical risks involved, the only risk is being ostracized by church fanatics and being **** shamed(why she hides it). Stop preaching this insane theory that abortion clinics are evil and suck out live babies and just throw them away. You're trying to take away women's rights, it's not your choice.

• Like 3

No matter what anyone believes about abortion in theory, no matter how adamantly a woman argues for abortion rights in public, most women go to great lengths to ensure that their own abortion remains a secret. Why is this so?
Perhaps it is because of people like you?
  • Like 4

Sorry Dohle, this feels like a whole anti abortion brainwashing scam. The one thing you need to remember is it's HER body and you need to keep your nose out of HER business. So, unless you want to adopt the child or fund it's education and buy it food,clothing and pay for the medical bills, stay out of it.

not to mention carry it and give birth to it

• Like 1

why do you need two threads for one topic?

Actually it is three threads on the same topic of abortion .. This one, the Canada one, and this - http://www.unexplain...wtopic=238269 All about abortions

Edited by Beckys_Mom

What do you want to do, brand them on their for head. Everyone has a right to medical privacy. This is an attack on women pure and simple, IMO.

• Like 1

I never knew ( or heard of ) woman getting addicted to having abortions.. Until I read this..

American 'abortion addict' reveals she terminated 15 pregnancies in 17 years

A woman has admitted to being 'an abortion addict' after having 15 terminations over 17 years.

Irene Vilar said she had the abortions not from poverty or fear but as an extraordinary act of rebellion against her 'controlling' husband who did not want children.

In the beginning I was taking pills and I'd skip a day or two or give up one month,' she said in a television interview. 'I'd think I'll be better next time.

'But slowly, my days took on a balancing act and there was a specific high. I would get my period and be sad, then discover I was pregnant, being afraid, yet also so excited.'

She claimed she had the abortions so her husband wouldn't leave her although she failed to reveal whether he knew of the terminations.

Of course, this did not mean I wanted to do it again and again,' she said. 'A druggie also wants to stop every time.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2DQRNTHX1

Edited by Beckys_Mom

There's no medical risks involved, the only risk is being ostracized by church fanatics and being **** shamed(why she hides it). Stop preaching this insane theory that abortion clinics are evil and suck out live babies and just throw them away. You're trying to take away women's rights, it's not your choice.

I am not for the current law being resinded, it would only endanger women more. However, abortions clincs are in it for the money. Those who work there for a long time become hardened and lots of abuse does happen. What bothers me is how people don't want to look at it.

Peace

Mark

What do you want to do, brand them on their for head. Everyone has a right to medical privacy. This is an attack on women pure and simple, IMO.

Like I said, I deal with women who have had abortions. Many had them over 30 years ago and are still suffering for the choice that they made. Often forced into it by men who do not want to take any kind of responslibility for their actions. It is again men who get the most benefit out of this law, many women carry the burden all the days of their lives. I am not in branding, but into helping and healing. We can adjust to anything, things will get worse, and we will adjust. Until it is too late and they they come for you because you are old, in the way or a bother...you will have no say.

peace

mark

Don't be silly, of course their are risk, there are for any medical prodecure.

peace

Mark

Our hospitals are run by the NHS, So I looked up info on the risk if any ..and found info from the NHS site below

Risks of an abortion

No clinical procedure is entirely risk free, but abortion poses few risks to a woman's physical health, particularly when carried out during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.

Having an abortion will not usually affect your chances of becoming pregnant and having normal pregnancies in future.

Risks at the time of an abortion

There is a low risk of problems occurring during an abortion. However, there are more likely to be problems if an abortion is carried out later in a pregnancy.

The risks associated with abortions are:

• haemorrhage (excessive bleeding) - occurs in about 1 in every 1,000 abortions
  • damage to the cervix (the entrance of the womb) - occurs in no more than 10 in every 1,000 abortions
  • damage to the womb - occurs in up to 4 in every 1,000 abortions during surgical abortion, and less than 1 in 1,000 medical abortions carried out at 12-24 weeks

Risks after an abortion

After an abortion, the main risk is infection in the womb, which is usually caused by failing to completely remove all of the foetus and associated tissue.

If an infection is not treated, it could lead to a more severe infection of your reproductive organs, such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), which can cause infertility or ectopic pregnancy(where a fertilised egg implants itself outside of the womb, usually in one of the fallopian tubes). However, the risk of an infection can be reduced by taking antibiotics at the time of the abortion.

http://www.nhs.uk/Co...ages/Risks.asp

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Like I said, I deal with women who have had abortions. Many had them over 30 years ago and are still suffering for the choice that they made. Often forced into it by men who do not want to take any kind of responslibility for their actions. It is again men who get the most benefit out of this law, many women carry the burden all the days of their lives. I am not in branding, but into helping and healing. We can adjust to anything, things will get worse, and we will adjust. Until it is too late and they they come for you because you are old, in the way or a bother...you will have no say.

peace

mark

Don't be silly, of course their are risk, there are for any medical prodecure.

peace

Mark

Woe be to those who are so desperate for counseling they go to the likes of you for "professional and unbiased counseling." I don't live in vacuuming, I have talked to many women in both situations. Depression and grief go along with any loss, whether it is planned or not. How the loss is treated has a big role in how one deals with it. I would advice any woman going through such a situation to seek help from a professional counselor who is unbiased.

• Like 2

Good gravy. Here we go again with someone trying to tell us that their way is the right way and we should all change our opinions to match theirs. Sure, we can feel strongly about things, but to constantly use biased information to prove a point only makes those of us who believe it is thr woman's body and business dig our heals in deeper.

• Like 1

Here is any easy fix, if you don't like abortion don't have one. If you don't have a uterus, stop worrying about it.

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 4

Woe be to those who are so desperate for counseling they go to the likes of you for "professional and unbiased counseling." I don't live in vacuuming, I have talked to many women in both situations. Depression and grief go along with any loss, whether it is planned or not. How the loss is treated has a big role in how one deals with it. I would advice any woman going through such a situation to seek help from a professional counselor who is unbiased.

+1

I would advice any woman going through such a situation to seek help from a professional counselor who is unbiased.

Exactly.. It is far better to turn to someone who is unbiased..that way you are not going to suffer any guilt or shame

I personally don't feel any woman who have their personal reasons to abort, should have to be made feel like an outcast...I wouldn't like it myself

isn't this considered spamming?

It can be, but it is up to the mods to descide

I am not for the current law being resinded, it would only endanger women more. However, abortions clincs are in it for the money. Those who work there for a long time become hardened and lots of abuse does happen. What bothers me is how people don't want to look at it.

Peace

Mark

Doctors are out to scam us by killing our babies. Must be those damn Athiests again.

• Like 1

Can we get the mods to get dohle to stop posting multiple abortion threads? It's offensive to say the least. One was fine, but three?

Can we get the mods to get dohle to stop posting multiple abortion threads? It's offensive to say the least. One was fine, but three?

Well, she believes strongly..... :huh:

To sum up what I said before - One is not a baby .. the other is..

At 8 months its an almost fully developed baby..the 8 week foetus is not.. Many will class it as murder if you kill a baby at 8 months, and the law will too, that is why they draw the line after 20 weeks in many places, it's done for a reason

EXAMPLE - If a mother is 8 months pregnant ( or a little over ) and she is faced with a critical medical situation, that can result to her own death.. What the doctors will do is, remove the baby by C-Section .. Do what they can to save BOTH mother and child.. They wouldn't be likely or able to do that with an 8 week old foetus ..

Only one is human .. The eight month old baby is a human..a baby human ... The 8 week old foetus is not, it is still developing and has a long way to go .. When a woman is 8 months pregnant, her baby can survive, where the 8 week old foetus cannot.. Both are worlds apart. I explained this previously..

I love the way you deliberately left out my question in your answer.

"Let me pose my question differently. Why can we remove an 8 week old fetus from its mother to kill it, when we cannot remove an 8 month old child from its mother to kill it? Both are getting all their nurishment through the mother, both cannot survive without her constant attention and care. "

Also, there is not an accepted scientific discription of being a "person" but Philosophers have stated (quite correctly in my opinion) "that the newborn doesn’t yet meet their definition of a “person”—“an individual who is capable of attributing to her own existence some (at least) basic value such that being deprived of this existence represents a loss to her.”"

which leads me agian to my question, why is it acceptable to kill an 8 week old fetus and not an 8 week old baby (i.e. after birth abortion)

"[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child."

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2012/03/after_birth_abortion_the_pro_choice_case_for_infanticide_.html

Not an excuse, it's offensive.

Live by this, if you feel so strong: Don't like abortions? Don't have one.

stay out of everyone's business. Saying the doctors are doing it just for the money and they're 'literally' throwing away live human babies is outrageous and false. NOBODY spends 10 years at medical school just to scam you.

she is a he - and he just opens a new thread when he doesn't want to address questions asked of him on this one. he has an agenda. he is not exposing so called scammer abortionists. he is against abortion and is doing whatever he can to put it in a bad light to serve his own belief system.

What I find interesting is (not knowing the OP's religion aside) the Christian agenda regarding abortion has nothing to do with biblical precedent. Before the 1850's or so abortions weren't anything to write home about until the Catholics vs. Protestant ugliness brought it to a head. That and social Darwinism which was directed at anyone thought to "out breed" the better classes of people. The bible says if you cause a woman to lose a baby (doesn't really specify when) you owe the woman five scheckles. They also didn't name their infants until a month after birth because you didn't "waste" a good name on a baby until it was viable. Take also that the Jewish Torah says a baby isn't "born" or alive until it takes its first breath. So in reality the Christian agenda wasn't so much about saving the unborn as making sure the poor didn't outbreed the better classes of people (who could afford doctors to have abortions). Since then it's just as much propaganda to get the flock all worked up to pour more money into the church.

• Like 1