Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange EVP

Ghostricer9590

My friend and myself were at Old Stone Fort state park in Manchester Tennessee about 10 months ago and we were looking over a tall bluff. We had pulled our phones out and started to film the waterfalls. Around the middle of My friends video he had captured a class A EVP that had said(to the best of our ability to hear) "What are you doing" and at the end of my video I had also captured a class A that said(again to the best of our hearing ability) "Leave this place". Now I know what some of you will say "How do you know it was an EVP" But we were at a very remote part of the park. We had walked all through where we were filming and it is a very hard place to get to without making noise. There were only two cars in the parking lot. One was my friends truck and the other was a park rangers car. Anyone with any knowledge of the park knows that it is a park with alot of history. Anyone with any insight please feel free to comment.

Thank you,

Dustin Moreau

I do not have them anymore. I am however going out tonight to see if I can capture more. I have been doing this since that day and I have been a little half and half on capturing more. Some have been fuzzy and others have been clear to a point. We dont provoke them as to challenge them. We provoke them to speak to us. If I do get more tonight I will post them so you guys can hear them.

where is the evidence from your friends video?

Hope you get lucky tonight.

Ps: try not to get ketchup on the lens.

Well I can't really comment on something I haven't heard. Good luck capturing more for future discussion.

Edited by Jeffertonturner

We have since gotten new phones and have lost the first ones.

are you making some now? :rolleyes:

I understand. I was just asking for tips or advice on better methods of capturing EVPs. I have my cellphone, a video camera, and a tape recorder

I have my cellphone, a video camera, and a tape recorder

be careful wandering about parks at night with that equipment and make sure you do have a tape recorder and not just tape, they will arrest you.

I also live in Tn.

Just wanted to contribute.

:)

• Like 1

I heard an EVP thing on a recording I took one time. It said 'I... am dead' in an echoey voice. which I realized sounded very much like my own. I proceeded to take more recordings out of interest, but when catching myself huddled in front of a speaker grasping for words in the silence, I figured it was time to let it go.

Here's the original, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icss985IY_s&feature=plcp

Around the time stated it sounds like a sneeze and then a slight growl. That would be from your stomach as i also noted you farted twice. The second mark was i coherent.

Iv'e only ever caught an EVP once, and it was around 2am from memorry, just seemingly by random whilst filming the Bearded Dragons i had at the time. And it said as clear as day 'Goodnight Guy', or Night Guy' in a young girls voice. Btw, Guy is my first name.

I was living with my father at the time, around 2003 or 2004 so no woman were present. And when just me and my dog were home at night and my father was out, maybe once or twice a fortnight she would sit and bark under her breath at my bedroom door with the hair on her back up for up to 45mins at a time. That freaked me more than anything. Mostly cause she was the most quite Staffy iv'e know, always has been and still is, and it was only in the same direction each time.

But i got off track there, i was only going to say how frustrating it is when you have something like that and your phone breaks, which is what happened in my case. I was using an NEC e606, so i should still be able to get it fixed hopefully, as there are many videos of a couple mates who have since passed that i would like to keep hold of.

So anyway, i hope you find some more and you can post them. Best of luck.

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a more pointless thread on UM. & I've seen some pretty pointless threads.

Hey I got some awesome EVPs but I don't actually have them in my possession & can't share them with you because my dog ate them.

Wow!

tumblr_lve5wiOfem1qaf8jp.jpg

• Like 2

The phenomena of hearing meaningful sounds, such as voices, in otherwise random stimuli is called auditory pareidolia; when it has been recorded, it is also known as electronic voice phenomena (EVP). EVP also refers to hearing voices amongst other types of random electronic stimuli, such as static, radio interference, and telephone hum. Not even to mention all the hoaxes.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the discoveries with EVP is that it can be captured anywhere. Again the sources remain unknown for sure. We have to consider language barriers, accents, dialects and any hearing defects as well. The equipment we use to for recording and listening. Headphones are best.

Most EVP that are captured are in the C class range. Meaning they aren't very clear.

However, some are very clear. Over my years of working with EVP most are not.

Edited by TheEVPman