Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wolfman With Yellow Eyes Photo and Encounter

NatureBoff

I just saw this on youtube and was impressed with the glowing yellow eye photographed and the drawings made afterwards. FYI.

It happened in summer 07.07.2008. in Maksimir,around
h in the night. Me and my friend are driving on bikes with a lamp,and found a large toad on the forest floor.Wee put down our bikes and tried to catch the toad,but it ran under a fallen tree.At that moment my friend saw something in the woods,and it was quite close to us! (about 10 m)First i thought it was a rabid dog,and picked up a branch,at that moment the animal opened its eyes,and wee saw the yellow glowing color.Wee were scared to death,and i picked up my cell phone and took a picture in the most zoom possible,but after the blitz,the animal ran into the forest.It was faster than us,and wee couldn't find it.Wee grabbed our bikes and rushed out of the forest. After this,i never stay in the forest after
h!I searched the internet,and found nothing similar to the creature.I remember that it had gray/black fur with stripes on the back,similar to the Tasmanian tiger,long legs like a dog,long snout and a strange long neck.The eyes were yellow,probably from the moon,like dogs have yellow eyes.The ears were on the sides of the head,not on the top,and it had strange thick spine-like hairs under the ears.Also, it had a short tail.The animal was the size of an adult bloodhound,possibly higher,with a strange hump on it's back.I newer saw anything like it,but i know it's a mammal for sure,it has fur. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS,PLEASE TELL ME,I HAVE NO IDEA IF THE ANIMAL IS DANGEROUS OR NOT!!!I'M A LITTLE AFRAID TO GO INTO MAKSIMIR AT NIGHT!!!

[media=]

[/media]

P.S. The sighting was in Croatia, Europe, and whilst researching I came across this:

It occurred in Croatia near the coastal city of Rijeka. The exact location was a small town near the Croatian-Slovenian border in 2001.

A group of kids, aged from 11 to 17 were hanging out at the local bus stop as usual. It was late in the afternoon, November. The bus stop and their town is situated near a very large, dense forest. Suddenly they heard noises coming from the woods. What came out was the most unusual thing they ever laid eyes on. It was a white creature, about 4 feet long (1.2 meters or so) and it was crawling on its hip, had no visible legs but on its "hands" had fairly long claws and it was moving sideways, dragging itself towards them screaming and making a LOT of noise. In spite it's weird way of moving it was very fast.

The kids, of course, were terrified. At first they couldn't believe their own eyes but they started running home quickly after the initial shock.

The sighting was reported in a local newspaper. Police and the county officers went to investigate since things like that DON'T happen around these parts. What they found were claw marks on a tree and on the spot where it crawled out from the woods onto the road a huge indentation was discovered as if the thing was very heavy. Also an unusual slimey substance was found on the tree along the claw marks. I don't know if it was ever analyzed.

The report also stated that some of the parents were at first of course very skeptical about what the kids were claiming but since their fear was genuine they had very little reason to doubt since fear like that can't be faked and the kids weren't prone to pranks of any kind. And they refused to stay out at night a long time after the even occurred.

The creature was seen in one woman’s back yard and she also reported hearing the strange sounds.

Dogs barked every night for a week after and the screaming could be heard coming from the woods some time after the sightings.

I went there for the first time in 2004. not knowing about these events. There is a great picnic area just behind the town on a river and I have a habit of printing interesting stories, newspaper reports and taking them with me on picnics so we can read them after we get tired of playing badminton or throwing ourselves after the unusually addictive frisbee, lol.

So after we got tired and sat down to eat I pulled out my papers and we started to read. That's when I first read the account and we all went WHOA! that happened HERE!!!

We went home that afternoon but came back about a week later. It turned out that one of the kids that saw the thing went to school with my bf's nephew. We talked to a few locals. Most were reluctant to talk about it as they didn't want the attention but they confirmed that it did in fact happen.

I still go there every summer since it's a great location to spend a summer's day afternoon but I haven't seen anything or heard anything unusual. Would I like to? Sure...haha, I think tongue.gif

I always have my digi cam with me just in case.

What was the creature? I have no idea. Maybe it was injured and was screaming in pain, hence the dragging.

Of course I can't know if the events did in fact happen but I have very little reason to doubt since it's not something that happens a lot, the people confirmed it did happen, police investigated and nobody made a big deal about it. People wanted to move on with their lives.

I'll let you know if I get an update tongue.gif

Edited by SunnyBlues
  • Like 1

Head resembles a Russian Wolfhound to me.

We used to have one, mixed breed, but mostly borzoi. She could jump our 6 foot chain link fence.

She was like a living spring.

And she loved to go *boing* *boing* in your face.

She was sweet as could be. She just liked to jump (HIGH) straight up.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Looks to me like some kind of Brindle coat pattern dog. Maybe a Brindle Greyhound? When a greyhound is scared it lowers it's head and haunches and pulls down its ears. So it could look just like that without the thick neck.

Other possiblities would be perhaps a Pit Bull Terrier. They come in brindle and can have very pointed noses.

greyhound-12725.jpg

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

Yes, those too. The nose looked so long in the photo that is why I picked out our wolfhound. She had a looong same-shaped nose.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Whatever it is it looks awesome

much like previous posters have pointed out.. im with anyone of the long muzzled hounds with a brindled coat pattern. I also believe that it looks as if it has a collar on in the picture,... with a little bit of reflectiveness on it.

much like previous posters have pointed out.. im with anyone of the long muzzled hounds with a brindled coat pattern. I also believe that it looks as if it has a collar on in the picture,... with a little bit of reflectiveness on it.

Yeah! I was going to mention that, but it slipped my mind when I posted. What kind of a were-dog/hyena wears a collar?

Very dramatic video... Hehe...

But great job on the sketch.

It does look like the wolf hound, a lot. But there were similar reports of a hyena like animal in Montana a brief story on travel channel: http://www.travelchannel.com/video/montanas-mysterious-beast

This one was captured a few decades ago and stuffed

post-109094-0-06373300-1354000213_thumb.

• Like 1

Very interesting .

Thanks. This bit also caught my attention "I remember that it had gray/black fur with stripes on the back,similar to the Tasmanian tiger,long legs like a dog,long snout". The Extreme Expeditions team who tracked the Orang Pendek have been hearing a *lot* of Tasmanian tiger sightings, some in unusual locations. I suspect that the OP creature is a teenager male dogman cryptid. I've heard of the stripe patterns from a good source who spotted a gangly-legged critter on Dartmoor or somewhere similar. They probably lose the stripes when they fully mature and put on bulk.

Maksimir is a 1,000 acre park in the middle of a 1.2 million population center.

If a "wolfman" had been on the prowl for the last four+ years, I think we'd hear a bit more about it and have more evidence than, frankly, a photo that could be anything.

The subspecies is common in the Balkan Peninsula. Jackal populations have been increasing in Serbia since the late 70's, and occur mainly in north-eastern Serbia and lower Srem. Jackals are especially common near Negotin and Bela Palanka, where during the 1990s, about 500 specimens were shot. In Croatia, 19 jackal packs have been confirmed in the north-western part of Ravni kotari and two on Vir Island.[12] Golden jackals are listed as a protected species in Slovenia, where they were first spotted in 1952 and have also established permanent territories there. In 2005, a probably vagrant female was accidentally shot near Gornji Grad in the Upper Savinja Valley, Northern Slovenia. In 2009, two territorial groups of golden jackal were recorded in the Ljubljana Marshes area, Central Slovenia. It seems that the species continues to expand towards Central Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Jackal

Are you goddamned kidding me?

Typical pattern here... elaborate backstory, lots of prepping and suspense, followed by a pitifully poor picture of something that could be almost anything...in fact, the picture is, as usual, so bad that the elaborate prepping is necessary to keep the photo from being dismissed completely by everyone.

• Like 4

Very dramatic video... Hehe...

But great job on the sketch.

It does look like the wolf hound, a lot. But there were similar reports of a hyena like animal in Montana a brief story on travel channel: http://www.travelcha...ysterious-beast

This one was captured a few decades ago and stuffed

Ah.... the Shunka Warakin. That does have some similarities, but I don't think it was ever reported with stripes.... or a collar. ;)

Here is a color pic of the same...

shunkawarakin2.jpg

http://funfunpics.blogspot.com/2010/04/truth-of-shunka-warakin-still-out-there.html

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/shunka-found/

• Like 1

crap i thought i was going to see a wolfman

that did not meet my expectations lol

You're right! The title says, "wolf man" it doesn't look any part man at all. It's all beast.

Ah.... the Shunka Warakin. That does have some similarities, but I don't think it was ever reported with stripes.... or a collar. ;)

Here is a color pic of the same...

shunkawarakin2.jpg

http://funfunpics.blogspot.com/2010/04/truth-of-shunka-warakin-still-out-there.html

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/shunka-found/

That's fantastic! And you're right, no collar! Haha!

That's Rindocus. It's on display now in a museum that refuses to have it submitted to DNA testing, which is understandable as confirmation of it being a mere wolf would devalue the exhibit. I say this because that's all it is. It's a wolf that suffered from terrible taxidermy, and years of being mashed into tight spaces in storage. The face is collapsed in areas, the jaw is all bent out of shape and the hind legs are improperly placed. This gives it the illusion of being some hyena-like beast. Sorry, just a wolf. Google it.

Edited by La Bete Feroce

I agree it is probably a badly mounted wolf, and from what I read the current owner does not want DNA testing done.

Ringdocus is the name the guy that shot it came up with. Shunka Warakin is a creature of Native American myth that fit the description.

I just noticed again that the OP and title of the thread say Yellow Eyes. Because of the eye-shine, right? Well do domestic dogs even have yellow eye-shine. Do jackels?

A quick google image check shows that indeed dogs do have yellow eyeshine, not just wild canines.

There's some very extensive woodland around zagreb, so I'm sure something could be out there in the wilderness, but it could just be that the guy was out walking his dog and took a picture of it. It looked like a doberman with a collar on to me.

In many of these type stories you'll notice there is only one photo. And the story will revolve around how there was only an opportunity for one photo. But quite probably many of the people putting out these reports take dozens of photos, and then only choose the one that makes the animal look different/weird.

Look at the pics from the Beast of Bodin Moor from like 3 years ago. Something like 10 pics were taken, and only the one that looks like a boar, or lion get popularized on the internet, because 6 of the 10 clearly show a black labrador walking around in the rocks.

I personally didn't see a collar, but that's just me. However, if that's the case, maybe it's an exotic pet? I used to live in Central Europe and they're very popular. If someone tried hard enough, they could get anything from the black market. Jackals, hyenas, wolves and more. So, maybe it is an escape exotic pet? (That would explain the collar.) Maybe it was just the victim of some awful breeding?

A lot of the comments on the youtube page say it's a hellhound. That's always a possibility. (It certainly doesn't look very wolf-like. More hyena-like to me.) Hellhounds are feared something awful throughout Europe. I don't think it's a were-wolf though.

It doesn't look too unusual to me.

I bet it's nothing more than an already classified species.