Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Students Revolt Against Mandatory Tracking

Big Bad Voodoo

http://www.infowars.com/texas-students-revolt-against-mandatory-rfid-tracking-chips/

Students and parents at two San Antonio schools are in revolt over a program that forces kids to wear RFID tracking name tags which are used to pinpoint their location on campus as well as outside school premises.

Students at John Jay High School and Anson Jones Middle School will be mandated to wear the tags from today which will be used to track them on campus as well as when they enter and leave school.

Andrea Hernandez is leading a group of students who refuse to wear the tags because in her words, "It makes me uncomfortable. It's an invasion of my privacy," she told KSN.com.

Hernandez is being backed by parents and privacy experts like Dr. Katherine Albrecht who point out that the spy chips are more about making money than keeping students safe, as the schools claim.

By reducing truancy and tardiness, the school stands to net $2 million dollars in state funding.

Hernandez points out that the system is all but useless because students will just leave their tag in their locker or hand it to a friend to avoid being monitored.

Parents and students have rallied to organize a protest against the spy chips which is set to take place today.

Hernandez also fears that the RFID chips could be used to track students outside of school, a valid concern given past examples of how such technology has been abused by school officials.

In 2010, the Lower Merion School District in Pennsylvania used school-issued laptops to spy on kids in their own home. The controversy ignited after student Blake Robbins was disciplined for "improper behavior in his home". It turned out that school officials had installed software on the laptops that used the computer's webcam to send images back to the school server every 15 seconds.

Hernandez also pointed out that sexual predators could use the tracking system to stalk children because the RFID tag continues to send a signal even after students have left school premises.

"With a smart phone you can use the option to use your locator but this I can't turn it off," Hernandez said.

• Like 2

omg cant believe people could even think chipping kids is fine, i could understand if a parent did it but not the schools.

• Like 1

And people say we are free.... LMFAO

Knew this was coming, it will get worse. :td:

The problem is we already let the government get away with too much. (I says government because the British government pretty much copies and follows the US government like a lost puppy)

• Like 3

The problem is we already let the government get away with too much. (I says government because the British government pretty much copies and follows the US government like a lost puppy)

I see a day were, as soon as you are born, you are whipped away implainted with a chip, then given back.. that way nobody can hide. no1 can be themselves.

and we the people give these people the power to do so....

• Like 2

Hernandez also fears that the RFID chips could be used to track students outside of school, a valid concern given past examples of how such technology has been abused by school officials.

If they are useless because kids could leave them in their locker all day, then they could certainly be left in the locker at the end of the day and no tracking outside of school would happen.

Better to let children run free. Why bother with education anyway?

This is only the beginning of whats to come from "our" government.

Remember and Consider "Those who would sacrifice liberty for sercurity will lose both and deserve neither"

• Like 1

stop hating on the brits, america should be happy that britain likes them cus most of the world doesnt. no offense to non bigot americans

Students at John Jay High School and Anson Jones Middle School will be mandated to wear the tags from today which will be used to track them on campus as well as when they enter and leave school.

It sounds like they put them on when they arrive at school .. and turn them in when they leave for the day? It also sounds like it's more about the contract to purchase the stupid things than any real benefit.

We talked about this here before when this first came to light and its bs. I say smash them, break them and burn them. Make it an unaffordable option for the school. Exhaust the financial resources and the personel time replacing them. I don't care what anyone says something like this WILL be used for some type of predatory reason or at the very least discretionary lines about proper times and places to track WILL be crossed.

stop hating on the brits, america should be happy that britain likes them cus most of the world doesnt. no offense to non bigot americans

On the contrary, you guys brought us slavery and we are now forever tainted. Somehow no one ever blames you guys for that. On top of that it is us who kicked your butts so you should be happy we like you. America and Britain is kind of like the Marty McFly/Biff Tannen past/future power flip flop.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-
  • Like 2

I actually posted this week's ago,because it hit the news,when one girl was banned from going to school because she refused the chip .

Looks like she started a trend .

I would most definitely be fighting this. My first thought was : it's begun. Chipping humans, this time in a tag, next time under your skin.

• Like 1

A sad situation, but not really a surprise in this day of Big Brother.

It is good news that students and parents are objecting. :tu:

We talked about this here before when this first came to light and its bs. I say smash them, break them and burn them. Make it an unaffordable option for the school. Exhaust the financial resources and the personel time replacing them. I don't care what anyone says something like this WILL be used for some type of predatory reason or at the very least discretionary lines about proper times and places to track WILL be crossed.

On the contrary, you guys brought us slavery and we are now forever tainted. Somehow no one ever blames you guys for that. On top of that it is us who kicked your butts so you should be happy we like you. America and Britain is kind of like the Marty McFly/Biff Tannen past/future power flip flop.

Neither of us contributed to any of those situations, ive only been alive for 23 years. how can you possibly think that way.

what have you actually done that makes you a contributing american?

Plus name one war which america won by its self.

Edited by Armchair Educated
  • Like 1

Neither of us contributed to any of those situations, ive only been alive for 23 years. how can you possibly think that way.

The civil war(?)

• Like 1

Stupid rule and sounds like a massive waste of money. Hopefully the students and parents can convince the school to ditch it.

they should join together peacefully and just refuse to do it. eventually the school will have to allow them to be educated.

i don't understand why it has to be such a major issue.

just don't do it. period.

• Like 1

Think what way? Doesn't matter. The thing about coversing in text is how easily little comments can be misconstrued. It was a friendly jab.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

Actually I posted this in conspiracy but mods removed it to US news. Because it is conspiracy. I many time stressed out that I dont have time post in conspiracy thread due my interests in "Alternative history and ancient mysteries" sub forum. I hope that one day I will have time to share my knowledge and discuss about NWO and similar with my dear UMers.

When I discuss to someone and I say to him "Its conspiracy." person often answer is "Tell me you dont believe in conspiracy theories?"

My answer is always the same: "Darn right I believe in it. In fact I dont believe. I know. I have evidence. Everyone does just you are not interested in knowing the truth."

Im mean what is "Conspiracy"? Secret agenda by group of people. Plan. Do you make plans? I do. Everyone does. Why would not some powerfull group. Elite.

You need to ask yourself this question. What is alternative to conspiracy theory? If conspiracy theorists are wrong what is a true?

Alternative is -Spontaneous events. So is what "they" want to tell me that I must belive that my history is written by spontaneous events. Is WW2 spontaneous event? Is Holocaust spontaneous event? Is JFK death spontaneous? Is vaccination spontaneous? Is secret science spontaneous? Is rocket shield spontaneous?

Only idoit can think: "Yes."

• Like 2

I think a conspiracy is anything that people in official capacity do that will have an effect on others, willingly or otherwise, and won't cough up the straight dope about their true intentions or as in most cases just lie or dance around the inquisitions. If the intentions become known then 9/10 times a conspiracy becomes an outrage.

I see a day were, as soon as you are born, you are whipped away implainted with a chip, then given back.. that way nobody can hide. no1 can be themselves.

and we the people give these people the power to do so....

Well said, it's scary as hell. :td:

they should join together peacefully and just refuse to do it. eventually the school will have to allow them to be educated.

i don't understand why it has to be such a major issue.

just don't do it. period.

It's a major issue because it's Infowars and it's their business to freak people out and make them paranoid. ;)

I can see kids just ditching these things in their lockers all day. Or forget them somewhere as teenagers tend to do. Eventually the school will decide enforcing this policy isn't worth the time and money.

Edited by Corp
  • Like 1

It's a major issue because it's Infowars and it's their business to freak people out and make them paranoid. ;)

I can see kids just ditching these things in their lockers all day. Or forget them somewhere as teenagers tend to do. Eventually the school will decide enforcing this policy isn't worth the time and money.

Infowars or not there are huge issues with this and huge precedents to be set. The kids and parents need to take a stand now, not eventually. That's like saying eventually the government will realize half of what they do isn't worth the time or money. With things like this you can't give them an inch.

• Like 1

i can see them doing that too, but to suggest a big kerfuffle to make a point is silly. just don't do it and it will fade into the background with the mountains of other stupid ideas.

i see this with a lot of issues that should not even come to the forefront in the news. it's not like the state of texas has imposed this as law. if that were the case i could see a major fight, but one school?